PDA

View Full Version : Audi Q7 by Nothelle

Erik
January 12th, 2006, 08:27
Wheels from Bentley I think.

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/uploads/Industry_Tuner_News/002__scaled_600_022.jpg

http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/albums//Audi/Q7/Aftermarket/Nothelle/001.jpg

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Industry_Tuner_News/article_1915.shtml

http://nothelle.com/

http://www.tunershop.com/

gnomik007
January 12th, 2006, 10:36
This looks very very nice.Me like it.Q7 gives tuners plenty to play with,which means there will be more bodykits coming,however this particular one just looks spot on.

Qriouz
January 12th, 2006, 11:06
I like it ALOT!!!!
That looks amazing....:eek:

Benman
January 12th, 2006, 18:46
That will so be in the next 50 cent video.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice looking and all, but shouldn't a SUV actuall be able to go off roading?

What a concept...:rolleyes:

Ben:addict:

gnomik007
January 13th, 2006, 18:07
Originally posted by Benman
That will so be in the next 50 cent video.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice looking and all, but shouldn't a SUV actuall be able to go off roading?

What a concept...:rolleyes:

How often do u think owners of X5 or Cayenne go proper off-roading?I think SUV is more about size and comfort rather than ability to go anywhere one wants.I drive Merc G and it is one hell of a off-roader,but I doubt I will ever take it off-roading.Q7 is a very nice SUV and I am sure that one could easily take it off road without hesitation,but it is definately not the purpose of this vehicle.
:mech:

Benman
January 13th, 2006, 19:15
Originally posted by gnomik007
How often do u think owners of X5 or Cayenne go proper off-roading...

And here lies my point as to why I am so anti SUV. 99% of SUV owners never use them for what they "claim" to be intended for. Like the new Nissan Pathfinder commercials state, "Tell better stories". Yet like you say, how many actually do use them for going on unpaved dirt/gravel roads, snow laden roads, never before pathed trails... maybe 1% tops. This is sad.

When I bought my first SUV, a 94' Suburban 2500 454 4x4, it wasn't even a full week before I took it offroading. There's some local mini mountains/extremely large hills (depending on how you look at it) that were close by to my home. Me and a friend decided, "You know what? It would be fun just to drive straight up that sucker, all the way to the top!"

So we did! No, we weren't blazing along, flying off the bumps, but we made it. All the way to the top. What a view of the whole city, we could see for miles! A day I still can remember like it was yesterday (Just try that in an RS 6:D). Yet how many Suburbans are just doomed to commute the kids to soccer pratice!

If the dang car commercial says it can do it, then dang it, I'm going to do it! The RS 6 is advertised to do a limited 155mph, so guess what? I've done it several times! (safely of course!:D). It says it "loves" the back roads. So guess what? My wife and I always try to make the local Audi Club drives. It drives me crazy to see Ferrari owners in the slow lane doing 65mph on the interstate. Just buy a dang Kia, and save yourself the $200,000.00 dork.:doh: Me, I buy a car for what it can do and what they say it can do. Otherwise, just buy the dang Minivan and be that soccermom they've always dreamed of!

And this is getting back to my point. Audi has told us, "Don't worry, this will be a "true" SUV, one capable off the occasional offroad excersion. We'll, I'm that "occasional" person. I'm going to call their bluff. I will take mine "up the Mountain". I will "tell better stories".:cheers:

Duma
January 13th, 2006, 19:58
Wow.. very nice. I like rear end. :0:

gnomik007
January 23rd, 2006, 23:03
Today I have seen Q7 with my own eyes and I both liked it and was disappointed with it.First of all,there were two black ones,one diesel and one petrol.Both cars had identical interiors and were packed with identical options.Well,I really really liked the front of the car.It is very well styled and to be honest there is no better looking SUV front today in my opinion.However,looking at the front at 45degrees I got the impression that the car is too long.It looks more like a van than SUV and it really put me off.It simply looks too long for its width.Inside,the interior is of usual Audi excellent quality,although the person who was responsible for choosing interior colours should be shot at sightpuke: .
Apart from that,i cant say that it is too spacious.Yes the driving position is spot on and everything is easy to reach and rear view mirrors provide you with good picture of whats behind,but it feels no bigger than A6.You buy 5m long with less space than in Touareg.Some of you friends might not agree with me,but thats the impression I got.My verdict is: I WOULD NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!
However,I want to see the QS7 :) I think that with wheel arches like the ones on Nothele bodykit and HUGE wheels,because even 20s look smalll on it,the car had potential to look really COOL.Also, I was told that QUATTRO GMBH colours will be available as option which means Misano Red is there to choose.
Anyway,it is definately one hell of an achievement for Audi with no SUVs before this one,but it is not what I expected.To me,it is more of US aimed 7 seater family van,than Euro Cayenne Turbo smasher,but lets wait for the S one,shall we :)

Benman
January 24th, 2006, 02:19
However,looking at the front at 45degrees I got the impression that the car is too long.It looks more like a van than SUV and it really put me off.It simply looks too long for its width.

but it feels no bigger than A6.You buy 5m long with less space than in Touareg.
You can bet it was designed for the US market.:D

How can you say that it didn't feel like it had more room than a Toureg?!? It has two additional seats and has a fair amount more interior room than a Toureg, let alone an A6?

It does have that mini van "soccer mom" look though.:hihi:

gnomik007
January 24th, 2006, 16:13
Originally posted by Benman
You can bet it was designed for the US market.:D

How can you say that it didn't feel like it had more room than a Toureg?!? It has two additional seats and has a fair amount more interior room than a Toureg, let alone an A6?

It does have that mini van "soccer mom" look though.:hihi:

Obviously,overall it has more space than Touareg and A6,considering additional rear seats and the boot,but I was talking only about driver's seat and space around it.In my RS6 I feel more space around me than in Q7.What I mean by that is that if one wants to strech muscles after long drive,in some cars you can almost do it without getting out,but in Q7...
And if feels wrong that in such huge car one gets very cramped drivers position.Sorry if I did not fully explain what I was talking about.:360:

Benman
January 24th, 2006, 16:22
Obviously,overall it has more space than Touareg and A6,considering additional rear seats and the boot,but I was talking only about driver's seat and space around it.
Ahh... I get your drift now.:doh:

You really think the seats are roomier in the RS 6? Considering that you have the snugger fitting Recaros (which are less roomy than the US seats), I would have thought the opposite?

I have only spent a few minutes in them (at the show) but found them to be roomy enough without being too big (aka Lincoln Towncar "Living Room" seats).

When they show up at the dealers, I'll have to recheck.

SUVs aren't my cup of tea, but if it's in the price range I'm hoping for, it would be nice of me to pick one up for the Mrs. She more than deserves it. At this point, cost will determine the sale for me...

gnomik007
January 24th, 2006, 17:54
http://www.germancarfans.com/tuners/7060124.001/7060124.001.1L.jpg

Benman
January 24th, 2006, 17:58
Besides the "sleeper" headlights, looks great. But again, nobody's doing any offroading in that!:p

JavierNuvolari
January 24th, 2006, 18:15
WOW...I REALLY don't like the last one...and the first one mmm...I like it just a bit( I could not accept buying a car and see it in 50 cent's nex video puke: ) . For me...if I could afford one...Q7, top of the line but no extras like the ones showed on the previous photos.

Cheers,

Javier

Ps. do we need a Q7 flag emotincon?:hihi:

Benman
February 24th, 2006, 01:30
Originally posted by JavierNuvolari

Ps. do we need a Q7 flag emotincon?:hihi:

You know... good question. Erik? Any help with that one?:D

Ohhhhh nooooooo... Mrs saw the Nothelle body kit and now she likes it! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone stop her! :D