PDA

View Full Version : Q7 at LA Auto Show

s42ski
January 8th, 2006, 07:05
Well, went to the LA auto show today - Audi had an RS4 - behind a rope - and two Q7's you could crawl around. The V8 was open, it felt much larger than the VW or Porsche version with honest three seat rows and space behind the third seat when used. I did not get specs, but I hope they put this car on a diet as the Porsche and VW's are HEAVY.

At least from a looks and feel perspective it is a definite minivan replacement!

Benman
January 9th, 2006, 17:41
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also went to the LA Auto Show! Also saw Q7! And now also like it!

NOOOOO!!!!!

I can't believe it. All the talk, all the smack I laid down. All the insults I directed at it! And now... now I think I might get it!:doh: :blush:

Talk about feeling like a total loser! Total hyprocrite!:blush: I can't believe that I now want this thing. But I do! It is far roomier than the VW or Porsche and same price as the VW, less price (yet quicker) than the Cayenne S!

Man... I am ready now for my crow pie!:blush:

Ben:addict: (and now, a fan of the Q7 too).

s42ski
January 9th, 2006, 20:58
Ben, here you on that, I thought I was not going to entertain a SUV in the garage ( never could understand the desire to drive a "truck" on a day to day basis) - but this has the room of a mini van, looks good ( especially with the 20 inch wheels) has an Audi interior and according to the very pushy sales rep at the show ( I made the BIG BIG mistake of telling him I was an RS6 owner - talk about blood in front of a shark) also has an air suspension option that can lower and raise the ride height like the All Road.

Benman
January 9th, 2006, 22:09
Ha ha ha ha, didn't make the mistake of telling the same guy of what car I owned!:D

All said, a fully loaded Q7 4.2 is just barely north of $60K. Like you said, wasn't expecting to want a "truck", but this one is pretty nice, not to mention all of our friends are married with children, so this would be nice to have a vehicle where everyone could pile in instead of always having to take two seperate vehicles.

Man... I can't believe I may be getting a SUV...:doh: (but it will make the Mrs. estatic!)

Ben:addict:

Benman
January 20th, 2006, 22:37
Some Questions.

Has anyone heard if the Q7 will have a DVD entertainment systme for the kiddies? Also, what about rear back up sensors? The reps at the show said no, and worse, there is no mention of those in the brochure they were handing out?

Seems odd that the "Never Follow" $60K+ Q7 will not have options that are on the $39K Tribeca, $45K MDX, $52 X90, $58K QX57, etc... Not to complain, but is that what they mean by never follow? To leave options off?!?:p

AndyBG
January 21st, 2006, 01:55
I think It has DVD option for GERMAN market, i dont now what is situation in US.

rheudabaga
January 21st, 2006, 04:30
It has rear parktronic as part of the technology package, I believe.

Payne
January 21st, 2006, 10:43
Originally posted by Benman
All said, a fully loaded Q7 4.2 is just barely north of $60K. Ben:addict:

Wow That's really good price.
Here the Q7 is going to start at $65k for 3.0Tdi 4wd NO extras...

Benman
January 23rd, 2006, 16:19
Originally posted by Payne
Wow That's really good price.
Here the Q7 is going to start at $65k for 3.0Tdi 4wd NO extras...

Yeah... now I'm starting to think the "Reps" there at the show were full of caca...

Went to www.audiusa.com and did a build for the A6 4.2 sedan and the 3.2 avant. Both when fully loaded were more than $60K...:vhmmm:

Now, I'm supposed to believe that the Q7 which is way bigger, has two additional seats, a huge glass roof, and with the 20" wheels will be less (not to mention that compared to the Avant, it's a V6 vs V8!!!)?!?!?:confused: I'm thinking not. It will probably be much closer to $70K, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see...:cheers:

s42ski
January 23rd, 2006, 22:29
Ben, 70K would be a not too bad price - I think it will be North of 80K with all the options - consider that for a Cadillac SRX with the V8, big sunroof, rear DVD and the V8 you look at a sticker close to 70K.

Porsche Cayenne starts at about $56K but when you option it up ...weeeeelll I got to 94K for a S type.......

And then there is mass - the Cayenne is 5600+ lbs - the Audi is longer and uses the same basic frame etc. Are we looking at a mass of 6000 lbs plus - probably - that's Hummer H2 mass (6400 lbs) - and we all know what mass does to performance, handling, MPG.....

I await the trade journals test reports to see if any of these fears are real

BTW - I still like the thing

Benman
January 24th, 2006, 02:27
Originally posted by s42ski
Ben, 70K would be a not too bad price - I think it will be North of 80K with all the options...

I await the trade journals test reports to see if any of these fears are real

BTW - I still like the thing
If it's $80K with all the bells and whistles, then I will NOT be buying one. It's bad enough that I'm actually going to buy a soccer mom car, but a $80K one?!?!?!? No way. I don't make enough money to shell out $80K for a glorified minivan. No thanks Audi!

I'm really hoping you're wrong as my wife really likes it, but if it really does cost that kind of money, I will have to go the Tribeca route. No, the Tribeca is not even close to the room, but it does still seat 7 people in a pinch.

Really hope you're wrong, I guess we'll have to wait and see...

And yes, I still like it.

P.S. one of the members here owns a Tribeca. Any feedback would be appreciated.:thumb:

****Edit**** Just Loaded a QX56 online. Less than 60K!

rheudabaga
January 24th, 2006, 04:34
a dude just ordered a loaded model in florida for 65k.

Benman
January 24th, 2006, 16:03
Originally posted by rheudabaga
a dude just ordered a loaded model in florida for 65k.
Now see, that's what I want to hear!:dance: :thumb:

That will put a smile on the Wife's face. :D

rheudabaga
January 25th, 2006, 16:14
Haven't driven a Tribeca, but all the reviews say it drives like a baked potato mounted with wooden wheels.

Our fallbacks if the Q7 doesn't work out would be the LR3 (not the best 'driver' either) or the Pilot. Not excited about either of those, but if the Pilot is necessary to free up some budget space for the RS4, then so be it! And my wife, being the practical/utilitarian sort, actually prefers the Pilot. I'm trying to talk HER into getting excited about the Q7.

Benman
January 25th, 2006, 16:22
I'm trying to talk HER into getting excited about the Q7.
Now, how freakin ironic is THAT!!!:D

I hadn't heard that about the Tribeca? There's an owner of one here on the forum (Jax maybe?:vhmmm: ) that loved his?

The LR3 wouldn't work for me since it's "just" a 5 seater. That being the case, I'd just as soon get the A6 Avant (LOVE wagons!). No, my thing is that all of our friends are "Married with Children" also, so one vehicle where everyone could pile into would be perfect. Hence the seven seater. I'm (like you) actually now wanting the Q7 to work as an option for me. The wife really likes it and more importantly, she deserves it. I mean come on, in eight years of marriage, I've never cooked ONE meal (including her pregnancy months), folded even ONE piece of clothing, or even vacuumed ONE time! How's that for deserving?:heart: Not to mention my three trips to Europe while she patiently sat home and waited for my return!

Really need to get her the Q7!:p :heart:

rheudabaga
January 25th, 2006, 16:30
Yep, your wife NEEDS the Q7. My wife does to, but she just doesn't know it yet.

BTW, the LR3 most definitely has a 3rd row. It's actually supposed to be one of the better/more comfortable 3rd rows. Handsome truck, too.

Benman
January 25th, 2006, 16:51
Yep, your wife NEEDS the Q7. My wife does to, but she just doesn't know it yet.

BTW, the LR3 most definitely has a 3rd row.
Really? Never even new! Just saw the one at the show that didn't have any third row and assumed all where like that. Well... you know what they say about assuming...:doh:

The interior of the Q7 spanks the LR3's though. In fact, the Q7's interior is... dare I say... even nicer than the Range Rover!:bigeyes:

Range Rover= $90K+
Q7 (hopefully)=$65K

eazy
January 26th, 2006, 12:39
Just read on germancarblog.com:

With the Canadian premier of the 2007 Audi Q7 performance SUV at the Montreal International Autoshow, Audi announced official pricing for the Audi Q7 4.2 quattro model starting at an MSRP of $68,900 (not including $700 destination charge). The 2007 Audi Q7 marks a new development in the sport utility vehicle segment by ingeniously combining sporty driving dynamics, versatility, sophisticated technology and the luxury of a premium-class vehicle.

"The Audi Q7 brings together the core elements of our brand in a premium SUV: contemporary design with materials of the highest quality, innovative technology, incredible performance, and cutting-edge safety," says Diego Ramos, Executive Vice President in charge of Audi Canada. "The Q7 will stand out in its segment with an unparalleled combination of luxury and capability."

The 2007 Audi Q7 performance SUV featuring the 4.2-liter V8 FSI will begin arriving at Audi dealerships in June 2006. Fuel Straight Injection (FSI) technology was pioneered on the R8 race car and is now being applied to Audi engines to deliver more power and greater fuel efficiency. A 3.6-liter V6 version of the Audi Q7 will follow in the fall at an approximate price of $55,000.

The Audi Q7 4.2 quattro produces 350 horsepower. A six-speed Tiptronic automatic transmission and the latest generation of quattro all-wheel drive confidently sends the power to the ground. Power delivery is now split 42:58 front to rear under normal driving conditions, adding to the dynamic handling capabilities of the Q7. As with all Audi models, the 2007 Q7 4.2 quattro has no shortage of standard luxury features. Such items as automatic Adaptive Bi-Xenon headlights, seven-passenger seating covered in leather seating surfaces, power tailgate, Audi's intuitive MMI system, automatic dual-zone climate control, 18-inch alloy wheels, 5,500 pound towing capacity, cruise control, and keyless entry are only the beginning of the impressive list of standard features.

The Audi Q7 4.2 quattro has an extensive list of luxurious and technologically advanced options as well. A $3,250 technology package consists of a rearview camera with rear acoustic parking system, Audi side assist that monitors the vehicles blind spots, Advanced key keyless entry and vehicle start system, and voice control. Stand alone options on the Q7 4.2 quattro include 3-panel Panorama sunroof, 19 or 20-inch alloy wheels, 4-zone automatic climate control including rear control panel, upgraded 6,600 pound towing capacity, satellite radio, and DVD navigation. Sold order options include, adaptive air suspension, Audi's latest generation of adaptive cruise control (delayed introduction) and Audi side assist.

The Q7 4.2 quattro has the standard plethora of safety equipment that you will find across the entire Audi model line up. Dual front and front side airbags, Sideguard curtain airbags that protect occupants in all three rows, anti-lock disc brakes at all four corners, Electronic Stability Program with roll-over sensing capability, and pre-tensioning three-point seatbelts for all seven passengers are all standard. Rear side airbags are optional.

That's only for Canada.

I hope it's not said before, but the Q7 4.2 quattro is announced with an MSRP of $49,900 (plus $720 destination) for the US.

Greetz

eazy

Benman
January 26th, 2006, 20:17
Originally posted by eazy

That's only for Canada.

I hope it's not said before, but the Q7 4.2 quattro is announced with an MSRP of $49,900 (plus $720 destination) for the US.

Greetz

eazy
eazy,

Thanks bunches for that post! I'm not sure if others here had seen it before, but I sure didn't. So $68,900.00 in Canadian dollars and $49,900.00 here? If those #s are right, then it would make sense to be in the $60Ks for a loaded Q7 4.2! That's great news, the Mrs. will be stoked!:cheers:

Ben:addict: (still seems "too good to be true" when a loaded 4.2 A6 is over $60K).

eazy
January 26th, 2006, 21:32
These figures are from fourtitude:
http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Audi_News/article_1905.shtml

And they say their source is audi of america.

Benman
January 26th, 2006, 22:00
Originally posted by eazy
These figures are from fourtitude:
http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Audi_News/article_1905.shtml

And they say their source is audi of america.
Thanks again for the link.:thumb:

So according to that, rheudabaga was right! The option costs shown on those invoises put a "premium" Q7 4.2L with Air Suspension, Increased Towing Pkg, 20" wheels (all season) and XM radio at $65K exactly!

Thanks again!:cheers: