PDA

View Full Version : more output of new RS4 V8

luxmis
January 4th, 2006, 12:58
Does any of you know about a company, which can / will tune the V8. -

yetis
January 4th, 2006, 15:04
I don't think anyone has an offical program, but I am willing to bet that MTM will be very close to first on the list. I seem to remember someone saying they work closely with Audi on their projects. I would also bet that Miltek will have an exhaust out quickly, as it shouldn't be too much of a change from the S4.

As for more output, I wouldn't put bank on much. I will get the exhaust for a little better sound and some incremental weight savings. Also, who wants electronic baffles on their exhaust....

RSA4
January 4th, 2006, 21:44
http://eng.autoscout24.com/home/index/detail.asp?ts=6560314&id=zfuqz11ydkn&sc=&make=9&model=15735&pricefrom=0&euroto=0&zip=

Fab
January 5th, 2006, 07:50
Personnally I would be already happy with a sport exhaust adding few HP as well as vmax delimiter. However stage 1 on the electronic only should add the usual 20-25 hp for a non-turbo engine. This could lead to an easy 450 hp. not bad !

mi021le
January 5th, 2006, 08:04
what gets me is that theyre suposally valve opening exhaust already. well milltek has a kit out. and mtm allready has shit for it. balsen is the one. and theyve already started and finished work on it.

Fab
January 5th, 2006, 10:03
To be honest my big question mark is that Audi will certainly release a RS4+ in 1-2 years with more power and exclusive feature such as a potential DSG gear box (they will have plenty of time to implement it in 2 years time).

This is only a personal guess. But an RS4+ is quite logical. isn't ?

luxmis
January 5th, 2006, 12:25
It is an interesting idea, which follows the evolution of the "old" RS6, - but somehow/sometime the marked for such supercars must be full, even new supercars seems to emerge each month from the different car-makers, e.g. AMG for Mercedes.
Jan

MJN
January 5th, 2006, 12:31
I think this might become a trend in supersedans like the RS6. I think the buyers demand that the power top range of their cars arrive earlier and not at the end of the line.

There are lots of examples of supercars/sedans which are slightly updated or faster. Porsche 911 GT3 (>> RS), BMW M3 (>> CSL), Ferrari 360 (>> CS) Audi RS6 (>> RS6+), AM V8 Vantage (>> "Clubsport"), Lambo Gallardo (>> SE)

Therefore, I guess the RS4+ might be a possiblity, altough i don't see the RS4 arriving before 2008/9, because they are still working on the R8 and RS6

luxmis
January 5th, 2006, 12:34
I can only agree,
Jan

Fab
January 5th, 2006, 15:13
Well, considering the first RS4 avant delivery in Europe taking place June/july 2006, we can resonalby expect a RS4+ ealry 2008 at the latest. Audi will of course leave the time to client to fully subscribe to the "standard RS4" and then give the final boost to the model before stopping the production.

We know Audi tested a 450hp engine last summer at the Nurburgring this could be the RS4+ power output with sport suspension, DSG, some additional weight reduction (like M3 CSL) and of course a (very) limited production in order to justifie the price difference :deal:

Anyway I personally can't wait any longer and the RS4 launch has been postponed already more than enough. My S4 will be 5 years old next July and I really, really want to change it for the beast. Hopefully I will be getting my avant in June. I remember me placing my pre-order at my dealer in April 2003 !!!!:(