PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Exclusive interiors!!

Plexus
March 2nd, 2003, 01:14
:addict: Have had my car delivered from the factory with the wrong interior!! Delivered in black valcona instead of black silk nappa and alcantara. Has anyone else had this and if so what response did you get from the dealer and Audi UK??

Nordschleife
March 2nd, 2003, 11:55
Hi
I suggest you pull out the order form your dealer prepared. My guess is that the error originated there.
Incidentally, I wouldn't mourn the absense of the Alcantara, it doesn't breathe the way real real leather does, so it gets 'hot' on a long trip. Valcona is better quality leather than Nappa leather.
I happened to be in one of the Le Mans winner's RS6s on Friday evening, this car has an all black Valcona interior....... so count your blessings!

R+C

Marc
March 2nd, 2003, 17:39
@Nordschleife:

Have you ever used a car with alcantara-seats for some time? My car has leather/alcantara seats and I think they are much better, than any natural leather...

It is not as warm as leather in summer, it is not as cold as leather in winter, and it is much more sportive, because itīs not as slippery as leather. You really stick to your seat.

If had alot of cars with leather, the decision to take alcantara was absolutly perfect. By the way, alcantara is not alcantara, their are alot of diffrent qualities and that quality of a RS2, S6PLUS or RS6 is really great

Plexus
March 2nd, 2003, 17:52
The dealer have ordered me a new car to my original spec and allowed me to keep this one, bravo Audi marketing!!!

quattro
March 2nd, 2003, 20:01
Originally posted by Plexus
The dealer have ordered me a new car to my original spec...

Wow! Not bad at all, impressive service even though they probably made the mistake.

A friend of mine got his Renault Laguna delivered without the sport seats. He's still waiting for the 6 week delivery, but I think he got a rental.

Nordschleife
March 2nd, 2003, 22:04
Originally posted by Marc
@Nordschleife:

Have you ever used a car with alcantara-seats for some time? My car has leather/alcantara seats and I think they are much better, than any natural leather...

It is not as warm as leather in summer, it is not as cold as leather in winter, and it is much more sportive, because itīs not as slippery as leather. You really stick to your seat.

If had alot of cars with leather, the decision to take alcantara was absolutly perfect. By the way, alcantara is not alcantara, their are alot of diffrent qualities and that quality of a RS2, S6PLUS or RS6 is really great

Marc
Yes, of course I have used Alcantara for quite some time, otherwise i would not be expressing such an opinion! Possibly uniquely i have driven over 100,000 kilometers in the Recaro seats with all leather, and with Alcantara. Over a long trip the Alcantara is inferior to real leather in terms of comfort. That is not opinion, that is fact, with data to back it up! perhaps you would rather wear a synthetic shirt, i would rather wear cotton!
When I mentioned my low opinion of the Alcantara to Industry pool Drivers, they raised their eyebrows as if to say "what took you so long!"
I understsnd that once people have purchased something they try to justify it. Are you waving the Alcantara flag because i9t looks Cool, rather than feels cool?

R+C

Marc
March 3rd, 2003, 07:39
I prefer cotton-shirts, too ;) . And NO , nobody has to buy my opinion. The only reason, why I prefer alcantara the feeling...

It looks like if it is matter of faith for you, that something synthetic canīt be as good, as something natural. But that is really old-fashoned. I now 10 persons in my freindship, who have bought alcantara-seats, because they tried it in my car.

But one thing is in your opinion really wrong, you will never sweat as much on alcantara, as on leather.