PDA

View Full Version : So, today it's official...

Erik
January 3rd, 2006, 19:51
Me and a friend are starting RUF CENTER SWEDEN.

www.RUF.se (yes we are making a better web page)

Here's a picture of our demo car, RUF R Turbo

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/531/2RUF-Sverige-1-med.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/531/2RUF-SE-2-med.jpg

nene
January 3rd, 2006, 20:41
That is great Erik. Did you consider 9ff at all? They seem to be a great up and coming tuner! I've always liked the Ruf mods. However, 9ff has been getting quite a bit of great showings lately.

Benman
January 3rd, 2006, 21:07
That is awesome news Erik! So I take it that your friend and your RUF dealer will be the only in Sweden or is there already another RUF dealer in your country?

Congrats, now that is a cool job! :thumb:

Ben:addict:

alex_s3
January 3rd, 2006, 21:20
Cool, isn't RUF one of the greatest Porsche tuners, cool that you started your one shop.. Are u allowed to test drive:revs: ?

JavierNuvolari
January 3rd, 2006, 21:26
Congrats mate :thumb: :applause:

Cheers,

Javier

kojack
January 3rd, 2006, 23:11
Im insanely jealous......ha ha ha...good luck erik...nice car btw

Aronis
January 4th, 2006, 01:47
Can you ship one to the US for me...

LOL

Great to be in a business which combines your love of cars and ACCESS to hot cars LOL.....

Mike

By the way, how many RUF Porches are you forced to Give Away for Free?

Erik
January 4th, 2006, 08:07
Originally posted by nene
Did you consider 9ff at all?

RUF has been around for over 60 years.
9ff has been around for what? A couple of years?
The owner used to work for Brabus and RUF.

Originally posted by Benman
is there already another RUF dealer in your country?

No, this is the only one.

There are about 13.000 Porsches in total in Sweden, and Porsche sell about 300 new Porsches each year. Not a big market, but enough to give me a hobby.

Thanks!

Klint
January 4th, 2006, 09:13
Wow! Cool!

That's a good start, Erik!

When are you taking it up full time? Do you folks fit the conversions yourself, or do you just demonstrate what RUF can offer their clients?

Nice to have the backing from such a firm. :D

BBGT2
January 5th, 2006, 02:13
Erik,

That is fascinating, good luck to you and your partner.
You couldnt have picked a better tuner.
Alois Ruf is a genious, no one makes better performance products for Porsche then him.

Bajo:addict:

ott
January 5th, 2006, 10:12
Good luck with this project ! I wish I could do something similar one day, convert my hobbies into business.

Erik
January 5th, 2006, 13:40
Some press releases:

1) http://www.bilsport.se/artikel_bild_topp.php3?visa_id=62481&bildnamn=top_02_motorbranschen.gif&avdelning=8#

2) http://www.sportbilen.se/press.php?id=1103

Benman
January 5th, 2006, 22:36
Obviuosly, I can not read it, but I do know a name:hahahehe: :

BTW, is that the same Peter that I met from Schwedenkreuz Motorsport? He was my pilot around the Ring in their racing M3 CSL. :thumb: :incar:

FrenchAudi
January 6th, 2006, 00:54
Originally posted by Aronis
Can you ship one to the US for me...

LOL

Great to be in a business which combines your love of cars and ACCESS to hot cars LOL.....

Mike

By the way, how many RUF Porches are you forced to Give Away for Free?

You do know that there is a Ruff Center here in Dallas, Tx that opened late last year right?

I get to go there once in a while!:D

GoFastKindaGuy
January 6th, 2006, 02:27
Congratulations, Erik! I visited Ruf last May. Alois and his wife were most gracious. I'll never forget 315 kph on the road either! :applause:

Don't give up on RS6.com!:addict:

jonas_dg
January 6th, 2006, 15:45
congratulations man, looks like a good business deal :)

freerider
January 6th, 2006, 18:15
So does this mean that all members here get a free RUF? :D

SoCal
January 7th, 2006, 09:58
Congrats Erik.:applause: What a fantastic "hobby". I'm loooking forward to seeing what RUF does with the Cayman. More power with the mid-engine balance would be awfully sweet.:revs:

Do you know whether they plan to add any US centers other than the relatively new one in Texas?

krm
January 9th, 2006, 07:23
Congratulations Erik! What a fantastic opportunity. I guess next time I visit Stockholm there will be a lot more to see than just the beautiful cityscape. :D

CarbonFibre
January 17th, 2006, 23:10
Originally posted by SoCal
Congrats Erik.:applause: What a fantastic "hobby". I'm loooking forward to seeing what RUF does with the Cayman. More power with the mid-engine balance would be awfully sweet.:revs:

Do you know whether they plan to add any US centers other than the relatively new one in Texas?
I'm sure if they did open another one it would be in either LA or Florida, but I don't think they will be doing that anytime soon.

SoCal
January 20th, 2006, 06:49
Originally posted by CarbonFibre
I'm sure if they did open another one it would be in either LA or Florida, but I don't think they will be doing that anytime soon.

Worth the wait....time to save up $$

Benman
January 20th, 2006, 21:13
Don't know if anyone else agrees, but now that the Boss Man himself will have a RUF dealer, shouldn't we have a RUF thread? Seems unfair to lump em with "All High Performance Cars"...

Maybe even sometime soon, the first rs6.com member will be in the market?:thumb: :heart: If only I were so lucky...

Duma
January 20th, 2006, 21:17
Congratulation.

:0: