PDA

View Full Version : The BMW M5 summed up in one picture

Erik
January 3rd, 2006, 14:31
Hehe... :revs: I wonder if that is the wife ;) and where is he going.

krm
January 3rd, 2006, 16:45
that's a great picture! Can tell many stories about it :idea:

JavierNuvolari
January 3rd, 2006, 19:42
Great picture Erik :thumb: ... I would guess that she's the mistress and he's going home to his wife because he's late for dinner:hihi: ... not that I ever done that but...hehehe....:king: :applause:

alex_s3
January 3rd, 2006, 21:06
Or maybe his wife smiles because he said : with M5 am I faster to work and home, that means I can be more with u.. heehe

Exhaust
January 5th, 2006, 10:10
Autobahn Cruiser :race:

BBGT2
January 5th, 2006, 13:26
2 words, photo-shop, look at the difference between the front wheel size and rear wheel size.

Weird idea for a photo. Is that even a male in the driver's seat?

clam
January 6th, 2006, 01:07
Originally posted by Bajors6
2 words, photo-shop, look at the difference between the front wheel size and rear wheel size.

Weird idea for a photo. Is that even a male in the driver's seat?

The wheels look different b/c the car is taking off, and pitching toward te rear.

I see no evidence of photoshop, except for the colours. It would take a very skilled artist, and a lot of time to create that smoke. They don't need to go through that trouble, b/c that car is perfectly capable of doing that.

BBGT2
January 6th, 2006, 02:20
Originally posted by clam
The wheels look different b/c the car is taking off, and pitching toward te rear.

I see no evidence of photoshop, except for the colours. It would take a very skilled artist, and a lot of time to create that smoke. They don't need to go through that trouble, b/c that car is perfectly capable of doing that.

Clam,

I didnt say the car wasnt capable of doing that, I know I have driven it already.
As far as it being photo shopped it is it has been circulating on a bunch of website's for days already.
And so you know he isnt taking off (whatever car that is) he is brake torquing it so he can burn some rubber.
Download the pic zoom in on the rear wheel and tire and compare the diameter of the wheel and look closelyat the center of the wheel, its not even close to the front.

Bajo

:addict:

clam
January 6th, 2006, 07:50
Originally posted by Bajors6

And so you know he isnt taking off (whatever car that is) he is brake torquing it so he can burn some rubber.

Whatever car what is?

A car doesn't pitch during brake torqiung. Only when one releases the brake (and stops brake torqiung) will the car 'take off', and pitch. You also can't do a burnout during the braking part. Unless you have a 'line lock' device, which enables you to brake on the front wheels only. Drag racers use it to warms up their tyres.
I know FWD/AWD car can pitch with the handbrake, b/c the car is trying to rotate around the front wheels. You don't have the same effect with RWD, unless the car is in reverse, and you have a line lock for the front brakes. (which isn't the case here, b/c the smoke indicates 1st gear) If the car is in 1st gear, the ass will lift up, not go down. Providing you have a line lock, off course.
You also don't have the effect with FWD/AWD full braking (as opposed to hand braking), b/c then the movement around the front wheels is blocked.
And since the M5 has an automated manual, and thus no torque converters to build up energy, there is no need for torque braking.

The center of the wheel isn't at the same level b/c the car is pitching.
The real-life diameter isn't the same b/c the car is shot with a wide angle lens. So stuff gets smaller as it is closer to the centre of the lens. If you measure the wheel wells, or the house, yard, etc... you'll find the same degree of shrinkage. The center of the lens seems to be the rear door.

Interesting to note is that the car isn't lit by natural light. You can see by the shadow of the roof that the natural light is coming from behind. You can also see the reflextion of unnatural light in the rear bumper. That's why the dude and the chick look so dark, while the car and the neighbour's house are bright.

The lighting and lens make the picture look unnatural, but this is not a photoshop. And there no reason why they would create this event with a computer.

BBGT2
January 6th, 2006, 15:44
Originally posted by clam
Whatever car what is?

A car doesn't pitch during brake torqiung. Only when one releases the brake (and stops brake torqiung) will the car 'take off', and pitch. You also can't do a burnout during the braking part. Unless you have a 'line lock' device, which enables you to brake on the front wheels only. Drag racers use it to warms up their tyres.
I know FWD/AWD car can pitch with the handbrake, b/c the car is trying to rotate around the front wheels. You don't have the same effect with RWD, unless the car is in reverse, and you have a line lock for the front brakes. (which isn't the case here, b/c the smoke indicates 1st gear) If the car is in 1st gear, the ass will lift up, not go down. Providing you have a line lock, off course.
You also don't have the effect with FWD/AWD full braking (as opposed to hand braking), b/c then the movement around the front wheels is blocked.
And since the M5 has an automated manual, and thus no torque converters to build up energy, there is no need for torque braking.

The center of the wheel isn't at the same level b/c the car is pitching.
The real-life diameter isn't the same b/c the car is shot with a wide angle lens. So stuff gets smaller as it is closer to the centre of the lens. If you measure the wheel wells, or the house, yard, etc... you'll find the same degree of shrinkage. The center of the lens seems to be the rear door.

Interesting to note is that the car isn't lit by natural light. You can see by the shadow of the roof that the natural light is coming from behind. You can also see the reflextion of unnatural light in the rear bumper. That's why the dude and the chick look so dark, while the car and the neighbour's house are bright.

The lighting and lens make the picture look unnatural, but this is not a photoshop. And there no reason why they would create this event with a computer.

Clam,

I simply cannot believe that you wrote that a car doesnt pitch when brake torqued.
I dont know what you drive or how long you have driven for and how manybrake torues you have seen pr done but there is just no validity to what you write.
It's commom knowledge that a RWD car will SAG its rear end when brake torqued as it is called inertia and when applying the brake NOT the handbrake when you start burning the tires you are trying to stop the inertia from moving hence therfore you get the burnout of the tires. Take a look at the cars at the dragstrip they all PITCH and SAG in the rear when they are warming up their tires before their take off.
The car the surroundings and the neighborhood do not look like a M5 belong there in the first place. I think its photoshopped and nothing you cna do will convince me otherwise, unless you were the one taking the pic or if that is you in the car, I wont comment anymore on the subject. I am sure if someone wanted they could create a photo oh my RS6 burning all four tires.
Just wait until a real M5 owner shows a pic of their car "burnin rubber" and you will see the difference.
Look at all the E55's in a similiar setup and there is tons of pics that are on the net. All I said is I have seen this pic on numerous sites and a majority of them claim the same thing as I do and that is that it is a fake. Either way it does not matter to me as its not my car so I dont care. Good day to you sir and happy rubber burnin.

:D

Bajo:addict: :0: