PDA

View Full Version : Possible Mods for RS6

simon78
December 28th, 2005, 19:27
Hi,

I am still waiting for my RS6 but just wanted to ask few thigns.

After looking at the pics of other RS6 owner,

i wanted to find out where i can buy the following items.

Euro Nav

RS6+ foot rest, acc and brake

Rs6 19inch euro 5 spoke rims.

Thanks ! again ! Hope to be soon a RS6 !

SImon

CornersWell
December 28th, 2005, 21:52
Simon,

Try navplus.us for the updated Nav systems. There are a few folks selling them there. However, they won't be warrantied by the dealer. Your dealer, if they have an RS6 tech, will be able to order and install the updated Nav systems, but they're WAY more expensive. IIRC, I could purchase the unit for less than $2K and buy the bits and pieces to connect it for a little bit more. I could do the install myself (or with a little help). So, figure time and materials would work out to maybe $2,500? The dealer I spoke with thought the unit itself would be about $3K. Add parts and installation, and you're probably up in the 4's at a dealer.

The RS6+ pedals sets are available from Joe Hoppen Motorsports, I believe. They're in the $250 range, IIRC.

No advice on the 5-spoke wheels. However, if you're going to pull the plug on a new set anyway, why not consider something more unique? There are plenty of beautiful looking wheels that won't require spacers (BBS RS-GT, OZ Classe w/ replaceable lip, and so on). Just a suggestion. You can buy a set of the OZs on ebay for under $2K without rubber. I've seen a few sets of used RS-GTs on ebay, too, under $2.5K w/ rubber.

Possibly the best mod (after the Nav) is doing the Euro Recaro seats. I don't know that anyone has done them, although there are quite a few of us that want them. In fact, I think someone was suggesting a group buy. Check ebay in Germany. You would lose the seat memory functions, I think, but it's probably a very positive tradeoff. Budget for these is probably in the $3-5K range. That's a guesstimate. It's a full front and rear interior, though.

Best,

CW

BBGT2
December 28th, 2005, 22:15
Originally posted by simon78
Hi,

I am still waiting for my RS6 but just wanted to ask few thigns.

After looking at the pics of other RS6 owner,

i wanted to find out where i can buy the following items.

Euro Nav

RS6+ foot rest, acc and brake

Rs6 19inch euro 5 spoke rims.

Thanks ! again ! Hope to be soon a RS6 !

SImon

Euro Navigation is a great addition to the car, I bought mine from a guy in the Netherlands, however there is a new store that opened up and you can find the link on the nav plus us website that sells them here in the US along with all the stuff you need, installation is easy and any mechanic can basically do it if he has general knowledge about electronics and follows directions.

As far as wheels I would go with something else besides the 5 spoke Audi wheels, MTM makes good wheels but REAL expensive IMHO, I would rather go with BBS or HRE's if you're spending that much money.

Simon made a good point about the seats in the Euro models are 100 times better than the crap seats Audi sent us.
I am trying (with help from a overseas member from here) in getting some for my car as I need to have them, LOL !
As you can see I have been modding my car heavily ( I think) and its all worth it.

Remember that all I have said above is my opinion and my taste, you go with whatever you feel best with.

Bajo

Tom C
December 29th, 2005, 03:19
Simon:

It is funny, I had the same three things on my wish list before purchasing my car. For me the Nav-plus was kind of kicked out because of the warranty issues. I want to build confidence in the RS6's reliability before playing with the electronics. The RS6+ pedals from MTM/Hoppen are really nice looking. However, they seem to take a bit of time and energy to install. The euro 19" wheels can be found at reasonable prices. I will try to find the importer that someone else told me about. Also, the MTM 19" look pretty good and are not that expensive ($3,600 for 4 19"wheels and Michelin Pilot Sports).

Tom

simon78
December 29th, 2005, 14:29
Thanks Again !!!

Going down to Richmond on friday to hopefully pick up the car.

Feeling a bit sad letting the 7 go with all the comfort but if i recall the times spent at the dealer ... :MTM:

Anyways... i will report back with a pic on sat if i get it !

Simon

kojack
December 29th, 2005, 18:21
if your going to upgrade rims use HRE's...they are great.

simon78
December 29th, 2005, 18:48
Yes, they are good, but i had them when i had my CLK and it was too hard to maintain it clean.

I think the MTM rims look nice and the OZ as well.

gregoryindiana
December 30th, 2005, 00:49
Originally posted by simon78
Yes, they are good, but i had them when i had my CLK and it was too hard to maintain it clean.

I agree with the cleaning problems with a lot of the wheels that are seen on the RS6, including the stock US 18 inchers.

That's why I went with the Abt 19 inch 5 spoke wheels; I don't have a detail man to do my wheels daily, and I want to at least hve thm looking decent.

CornersWell
January 4th, 2006, 18:22
Bajo,

Any luck on those seats? Someone suggested a group buy, but I don't know if anything came of it.

Best,

CW

mmaturo
January 4th, 2006, 19:45
Europrice can get you the wheels...scroll through the posts to the next page and you can find my posts on the 19" OEM wheels. I got them shipped for right around $2600. Waiting till spring to get them on the car. Doing the Nav RNS-E this week, already have the unit and package...$1550 for the package off one of the people on the Navplus.us website. Still debating how much I want to screw with the wiring in my car...tempted to do it without connecting the gala wire at first and see if the delay will bug me.

I also ordered the dead pedal from the RS6+ from Europrice.

PeterH
January 4th, 2006, 21:49
You can also source pedal set from Martyn at www.vagparts.com. Great to work with. If they are not on his website, send him an email and he will get you a price.

BBGT2
January 5th, 2006, 02:11
Originally posted by CornersWell
Bajo,

Any luck on those seats? Someone suggested a group buy, but I don't know if anything came of it.

Best,

CW

CW,

Nothing as of yet, group buy is going to be very tough to accomplish.
As soon as I get some more info I will post a thread and if anyone is interested we will take it from there.

Qisha if you are reading this, any news ideas for me :D

Thanks
Bajo:addict:

CornersWell
January 6th, 2006, 21:22
Bajo,

I'm definitely interested in a set of the Euro Recaros. Are you looking at just the fronts or the fronts & rears, or the fronts, rears and all interior panels? Also, I'd be interested in knowing the price. I do check ebay.de periodically to see what's floating around and the pricing, but I haven't seen any RS6/A6 interiors come up recently.

CW