Coolest Car

Porsche 911 & Aston V8 Vantage

SURPRISE CAR OF THE YEAR

Audi RS4 - "which is, quite simply, brilliant" :rs4addict :rs4addict

firewired
December 28th, 2005, 16:12
Surprised by their:

"Gas Guzzler of the year"

In the Top Gear review of the Veyron, Clarkeson stated that the Bugatti can suck down 100 liters of fuel in 11 minutes when it is full out.

Pretty cool about the RS4.

Erik
December 28th, 2005, 16:50
Originally posted by Vorsprung

SURPRISE CAR OF THE YEAR

:rs4addict

Looks like 2005 was a good year for VAG.

Rstr
December 28th, 2005, 17:49
SURPRISE CAR OF THE YEAR

Audi RS4 - "which is, quite simply, brilliant" :rs4addict :rs4addict [/B]

Ha, makes me laugh at all the tools (and trolls) that were bad mouthing the RS4. :bye2:

Benman
December 28th, 2005, 17:52
UGLIEST CAR OF THE YEAR

BMW 3 Series - "the worlds most tedious looking vehicle"

SURPRISE CAR OF THE YEAR

So BMW and Audi both come away with "surprise" awards!:D

Bmw's wasn't the good kind of surprise... :harass: :applause: :applause:

Ben:addict:

clam
December 29th, 2005, 17:11
Originally posted by firewired
Surprised by their:

"Gas Guzzler of the year"

In the Top Gear review of the Veyron, Clarkeson stated that the Bugatti can suck down 100 liters of fuel in 11 minutes when it is full out.

You have to look at the application. If an Olympic athlete and a depressed housewife have the same energy intake, which one is the guzzler?

The Bugatti puts the fuel to good use, which makes it "fuel efficient". I'm sure it uses every last Joule of energy from the fuel that it can technically muster.

The Ford GT, however, has half the power, less mass to move, doesn't do 400km/h, yet consumes a similar amount of fuel. It wastes a big portion of the energy potential that is in the fuel, due to a lazy engine design, which makes it a guzzler.

Rstr
December 29th, 2005, 17:18
Originally posted by clam
The Ford GT, however, has half the power, less mass to move, doesn't do 400km/h, yet consumes a similar amount of fuel. It wastes a big portion of the energy potential that is in the fuel, due to a lazy engine design, which makes it a guzzler. [/B]

Are you sure about that? Or are you just theorizing? Here's my theory why : b/c it's got a puny gas tank.

clam
December 29th, 2005, 18:29
The rated numbers don't look that bad for the Ford GT, but several sources report that the fuel consumption drops to 4mpg if you put the pedal to the metal. With regular usage it wouldn't be that bad.

Not slamming the GT, but it has an inferior fuel effiency. It's also a lot cheaper than cars with similar performance, so who cares about a few more gallons. It's not like this is a daily commuter.

exE46M3
December 29th, 2005, 18:47
Originally posted by Benman
Bmw's wasn't the good kind of surprise... :harass: :applause: :applause:

I'd say that depends, Ben... After all, 2005 will be another bank record year for BMW...

Yes, some will say BMW makes nothing but ugly cars. The E90 in particular... (http://edition.cnn.com/2005/BUSINESS/12/07/bmw.sales.reut/) Still, people are buying them more than ever! I guess stock holders won't have a thing to complain about... :thumb:

Benman
December 29th, 2005, 18:56
Originally posted by exE46M3
I'd say that depends, Ben... After all, 2005 will be another bank record year for BMW...

Yes, some will say BMW makes nothing but ugly cars. The E90 in particular... (http://edition.cnn.com/2005/BUSINESS/12/07/bmw.sales.reut/) Still, people are buying them more than ever! I guess stock holders won't have a thing to complain about... :thumb:
Just proves... money can't buy taste.:applause: :harass:

Audihead
December 29th, 2005, 22:25

Like Dolly Parton always said, " It takes a lot of money to look this cheap.":dance:

Benman
December 29th, 2005, 23:03
Originally posted by Audihead
Like Dolly Parton always said, " It takes a lot of money to look this cheap.":dance:
:applause: :applause:
That's Awesome!:D Never heard that one before, but it will soon become one of my favorites. :cheers:

kojack
January 3rd, 2006, 01:18

So true benman!:thumb:

the yuppies have money and drive bimmers...the drivers drive audi's