PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Oil

buzz
December 25th, 2005, 13:51
Hi all,

Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

My dealer today told me that they are waiting to receive oil for the suspension, they have replaced the front left shock absorber and the car was bouncing like a yo yo! so they said that they need to do a refill!! does any one know what that means?. Many Thanks

Buzz

gjg
December 26th, 2005, 08:13
yeah, they should have this ordered when they ordered the shocks .....

the shocks are pressurized to the factory specs together with DRC - car must be at certain temperatures to refill when shock is replaced. As explained to us it has something to do with DRC. The entire procedure is in dealer's manual and suckers should RTFM

:doh:

We had this done - it took two days as stealer had to keep car in garage overnight to make sure temp is within specs

:idea:

buzz
December 26th, 2005, 11:02
Many Many thanks for the information. I 'll have to drop by the dealer and see what they have done so far.

Buzz:rs6kiss:

buzz
December 27th, 2005, 18:30
Originally posted by gjg
yeah, they should have this ordered when they ordered the shocks .....

the shocks are pressurized to the factory specs together with DRC - car must be at certain temperatures to refill when shock is replaced. As explained to us it has something to do with DRC. The entire procedure is in dealer's manual and suckers should RTFM

:doh:

We had this done - it took two days as stealer had to keep car in garage overnight to make sure temp is within specs

:idea:

Guess what? The stupid "Stealer" doesn't have the Machine!!:vgrumpy:

So stupid they are ordering one from Germany!!!!!:rolleyes:

GmbHouse
December 28th, 2005, 00:54
I've blown 3 shocks already, all fixed. If you're interested, my tech pressurized all 4 to a level higher than the factory calls for. It actually made the ride smoother and took out the hard edge.