PDA

View Full Version : Bad Night

Tom C
December 24th, 2005, 03:28
Tonight I was accelerating onto a highway. There were two lanes on the on-ramp. I was in the right lane and I pulled ahead of a vehicle in the left right before the lanes merged. I am not sure I ran over something or what but the right side of my car jolted with a loud bang. I drove for a few hundred feet not sure what happened. I really couldn't tell if the tire was flat or not so I pulled over. Sure enough the tire was flat with hole in it. It is about 3 inches across the circumference of the rim and goes about 2 inches up. The rim doesn't look bent or even damaged near the "puncture" area. I couldn't get the inflation kit to work so I called roadside assistance. They were there in under 1/2 hour. I have the ContiExtremes and where the heck am I going to find a tire anytime soon? TireRack was closed by the time I got home and they aren't sending anything out until Tuesday because UPS and Fedex are off until then. I really don't want to be without my car for a week. :doh:

Tom

mi021le
December 24th, 2005, 04:33
its funny how quickly they can spoil u. sucks tom. been with out mine for so long i have the twitch. lol

Tom C
December 24th, 2005, 05:02
Hey Jay you don't happen to have any spare 18" tires lying around? lol

Tom

mi021le
December 24th, 2005, 07:22
got 2 good ones, and 2 shreaded ones.. need one of the good ones. it is worn out.

Aronis
December 24th, 2005, 13:33
I have two sumer tires with some life left on them....and one which is brand new but has a plug/patch (off a rim)

come get it.

Mike

Tom C
December 24th, 2005, 14:47
I literally called 20 tire and Audi dealers in the area looking for a Christmas miracle. A quarter of them were closed and all the rest said what I expected, "not in stock" and "special order only".

Aronis:

Where are you from, NY? I think I might take Jay up on his offer he is a little closer. Although my family is still back in NY, maybe they could pick it up and bring it down. Seriously though thanks for the offer!

Jay:

I was kidding around but I really don't feel comfortable driving around with the spare. Maybe I could borrow the tire for the next 5 days until the new one comes in?

Tom

Aronis
December 24th, 2005, 15:43
about 45 minutes south of Montreal.
about 3 hours north of Albany.
The "real Upstate New York"

LOL

You need to have Snow tires on wheels, that way you always have a usable full sized spare tire!

Mike

Tom C
December 24th, 2005, 21:15
I think I might have to follow that advise.

It's funny...people in Manhattan call Westchester County (where I am from) "upstate NY". I don't think most people realize how vast (and beautiful) the real upstate New York is.

Tom

Tom C
December 25th, 2005, 05:07
Jay (mi021le) is the man!!! Thanks for hooking me up with the wheel and tire ... you saved my Christmas!!!!
:0:

Tom

mi021le
December 25th, 2005, 15:09
no problem tom, anytime. :) merry christmas. gorgious car. i think we need to take some pics sometime. enjoy.
:rs6kiss:

rks838
December 26th, 2005, 00:34
Ditto on upstate NY. Family has a house in Lake Placid (does this count? :D), so I know the roads there are pretty great. Almost drove up there, but instead took a flight to Burlington. But the hiking is better than the driving! Anyway, we might take the RS6 up this year...