PDA

View Full Version : Audi "haptics" team

rks838
December 21st, 2005, 16:45
Did anyone know Audi has 16 members of a team that works on making the car feel better, as in, the window switches, seats, door handles, paddle shifters, etc.? 16 people working on the team for "haptics", or "the science of touch," according to Audi Magazine's '06 issue?! Amazing. Something's obviously working, because the entire automotive world loves Audi's interior and the high-quality feel of its equipment. One of the major U.S. magazines mentioned the "little nibs" on the back of the paddle-shifters that "caress your fingertips" as one of the little details that makes this car better than, say, an E55 AMG. It seems overdone, but often just one particular well-done detail will sway a magazine, buyer, etc...

Benman
December 21st, 2005, 18:08
Yep, also have you heard about "the smell team"? Same job type. All they do is find ways to make Audis smell better. They put the different plastic types into sealed jars then open them after time to see if the smells are offensive.

Don't think I want their job, better them than me. On the plus side, my RS 6 has always smelled good everytime i get in. :p

Ben:addict: