PDA

View Full Version : WTB: a clean & pampered RS6

simon78
December 16th, 2005, 21:49
Hi,
I have been looking for a clean RS6 with low miles.

From Autotraders to ebay...

anyone from the forum can give me an advise ?

Thanks.

Simon

curretly drive a BMW745, looking for speed and comfort as well..RS6

Benman
December 17th, 2005, 01:25
A guy named Dave (member here) that Bajo was speaking to awhile back may be able to help you. His is Misano Red, super clean with ultra low miles.

Ben:addict:

BBGT2
December 17th, 2005, 12:23
Simon,
Dave Sestak is his name/screen name, shoot him a PM. You wont be disappointed with either the car or the his RS6.
Absolutely the cleanest RS6 out there, it has 4k miles on it. He is meticulous. His price is right on money for how clean his car is. Talk to him, I would love for someone on the board to get that car.

Bajo

newmarketnow
December 17th, 2005, 16:19
Kelly Blue Book - KBB.com
Has 24 currently listed (primarily dealers) under used cars - "search listings".

Tom C
December 18th, 2005, 04:20
Simon:

I just went through the same search over the past couple of weeks. I got the exact car I wanted (colors and options).

You need to start asking yourself questions: What are your preferences for color interior/exterior and options? Do you want a CPO'd car? What are the most miles you are willing to accept? Are you comfortable buying a car over the internet?

I just saw a beautiful black RS6 (I am partial to black) in FL with 13k miles on cars.com. A little pricey but you can always negotiate.

Good luck!

Tom

gregoryindiana
December 18th, 2005, 23:01
Originally posted by Tom C
Do you want a CPO'd car?

I'm not a buyer, as one RS6 is all I can afford. LIke a wife in that way. But I don't know what a CPO'd car is. What do those initials mean?

Thanks

BBGT2
December 18th, 2005, 23:46
CPO= Certified Pre-Owned

BBGT2
December 18th, 2005, 23:46
Simon,

I am sure the dealer where Dave bought and services his RS6 will gladly certify it.

simon78
December 19th, 2005, 13:51
Thank you so much for all your info.

I almost closed a deal with a Red RS6 with Silver interior @ Champions motors with 9000 miles on it. He was asking for 66K.

But had to pass since the color red was and was not on top of ,y list.

After seeing blue or grey ..i think those are the color i want to go with.

Definitly CPO and as many options on the car as possible. I know the red one at Champions had rear shades as well.

In terms of miles i would love to stay under 15,000 miles.

I guess i will keep on searching.

Thanks,

Simon

CornersWell
December 19th, 2005, 14:13
Simon,

I don't think it will be so easy to find your EXACT match. After all, these cars (2003 model year) have been in service for about 2 years. And, hopefully, most of us drive them (I am just passing 27K on mine). You might be able to find an ultra-low mile car in someone's multi-car garage that was just a toy and has sat around for 2 years, but you would probably just have to stumble on it. And, as you start factoring in color, options and mods/no mods, the population will get smaller and smaller still. Remember, there were only so many cars brought to the US. I don't think we have an exact count, but I seem to recall somewhere in the 1,200 range +/- 100.

Anyway, it's just such a fantastic car that if you find a good one with most, or even some, of what you want, seriously consider not letting it get away. You might have to pay a little premium, but I'm very glad I took the plunge over a year ago.

CW

CornersWell
December 19th, 2005, 14:15
Many RS6's seem to be going through Riverside Audi in West New York, NJ. In fact, I bought mine there, too. However, I'd be VERY careful when dealing with them. There are posts here and on Audiworld pertaining to them.

Good Hunting,

CW

simon78
December 19th, 2005, 15:33
Thanks CW,

Yes, i did matter of fact looked into Riverside Audi, i know about them personally since i used to live in NJ, and walk into their shop. Most of dealer in that areas are hard to deal with.

I seem to have some luck at ebay and one dealer in NJ that called with a RS6 blue with 5000 miles on it.

Still waiting for the price.

How is your car by the way ? I would love to see it if you are in the are.

Thanks.

Simon

Tom C
December 19th, 2005, 16:41
Simon:

I sent you a PM with a link to a pretty good looking car. I am not sure if you saw it.

Tom

newmarketnow
December 20th, 2005, 02:40
My (unsolicited) advise is whatever source / tool you use to find your RS6 - don't settle = something comfortable for you will appear.
This said from somone that when buying mode gets turned on, it's easier to buy then to wait.
Your car of choice will become available.

Tom C
December 20th, 2005, 22:46
newmarketnow:

Did you close the deal on the car from CA?

Tom

newmarketnow
December 21st, 2005, 03:08
Regarding my car (arrived today) - There a few things that come as bagade when buying used from long distance even with a local Audi pre-inspection.
5th (replacement) wheel as voiced didn't ship with the car and I believe I have the damaged (scraped) one on the car, no trunk net, mats are some industrial rubber / truck looking thing. I think I will start a thread / query on the mat issue before I bark but, I can't believe these things are stock / OEM.
I will take care of the incidentals and have them adressed - my guess is at least 33% success.
All in all, I consider my self fortunate by coming across the car (which I otherwise would not have bought). It has the color scheme that I would have purchased new = Ebony black, black interior & wood trim. Rear shade, park assist, navigation, enhanced exhaust and apparent big bonus of APR ECU and clear bra throughout relevant exterior.
BTW, I saw your ride from Naperville and I imagine you were on the plane when I was only thinking about it. Mine isn't in the garage yet, but I imagine there's a bit of satisfaction with it sitting next to the E39 - M5 and personally siiting beyond the competitive fray.

BBGT2
December 21st, 2005, 03:51
Originally posted by newmarketnow
Regarding my car (arrived today) - There a few things that come as bagade when buying used from long distance even with a local Audi pre-inspection.
5th (replacement) wheel as voiced didn't ship with the car and I believe I have the damaged (scraped) one on the car, no trunk net, mats are some industrial rubber / truck looking thing. I think I will start a thread / query on the mat issue before I bark but, I can't believe these things are stock / OEM.
I will take care of the incidentals and have them adressed - my guess is at least 33% success.
All in all, I consider my self fortunate by coming across the car (which I otherwise would not have bought). It has the color scheme that I would have purchased new = Ebony black, black interior & wood trim. Rear shade, park assist, navigation, enhanced exhaust and apparent big bonus of APR ECU and clear bra throughout relevant exterior.
BTW, I saw your ride from Naperville and I imagine you were on the plane when I was only thinking about it. Mine isn't in the garage yet, but I imagine there's a bit of satisfaction with it sitting next to the E39 - M5 and personally siiting beyond the competitive fray.

Congrats on the purchase and delivery.:0:

Those are all minor issues you have and hpoefully will be addressed accordingly from the place you bought it from. Great bonus on the clear bra, as far as APR anything I will refrain from giving you my opinion. Glad to hear you are happy and I know you will enjoy her. Def. ask for the mats as those seem to be aftermarket rubber protector ones, the car came with regular form fitted floor mats not great but OE nonetheless. Audi does have rubber winter mats which I bought for the winter and they are a perfect fit. If you dont get the net I think I may still have mine from my first RS6 and will gladly send it to you.

Bajo:addict:

Tom C
December 21st, 2005, 04:02
Did you purchase the one from TruSpeed MotorCars? If so that is a beautiful car. I think I saved a couple of the pic's off of ebay because they really showed the ebony pearl paint with really good resolution pic's. I am waiting for a good bit of time before doing any mod's. Your APR chip will be lots fun (I am so jealous). I just wanted the peace of mind of the full remaining and CPO warranties. I had a long discussion with a service manager at another Audi dealership concerning what was and wasn't covered with a chipped car. Good luck and have fun with your beautiful beast!!!

I believe (not the expert on this one) that the thick rubber mats were an OEM accessory as "winter mats".

I have never subscribed to blind allegiance to any brand. BMW, M-B and Audi are clearly competitors in this market segment. I applaud each for their version of the ultimate luxury sports sedan. We as consumers are fortunate to have so many fine choices available. Between an E55/CLS55/RS6/M5 there really is no "wrong" choice... just choices that suit our personal preferences and needs.

Tom

Benman
December 21st, 2005, 15:40
Originally posted by Tom C
Between an E55/CLS55/RS6/M5 there really is no "wrong" choice... just choices that suit our personal preferences and needs.

Tom
Well said.

Ben:addict: (But make mine :addict: :D )

JP4
December 21st, 2005, 17:42
Originally posted by Benman
Well said.

Ben:addict: (But make mine :addict: :D )

Ditto Ben! :addict: :0: :thumb: :race:

newmarketnow
December 22nd, 2005, 02:08
From Tom C:
"....there really is no "wrong" choice... just choices that suit our personal preferences and needs."

Absolutely agreed, whether it's a Neon or a mercedes or whatever. My comment of having it nice to have both an e39 M5 and RS6 and staying "above the fray" is based upon that very concept - it doesn't really matter but, I have seen/read alot of bashing over the years. It is nice to be above it either by ideaology or hardware.
BTW, my '78 Ford F250 kicks everyone's RS6, M5, AMG's butt when the driveway needs to be plowed or, when the snow is 12" high or, you need to go to the dump or lumber yard.
GO FORD.
:hihi:

simon78
December 22nd, 2005, 14:02
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-RS6-2003-Polished-wheels-Tinted-windows-Tinted_W0QQitemZ4598411893QQcategoryZ6055QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think i found the car .. but looks competitive bidding.

What do you guys think ?

Thanks again for all your help.

Simon

Can't wait to be a RS6 Owner..

simon78
December 22nd, 2005, 14:15
Hi Guys again,

I founds several more RS6 with mid miles @ Riverside Audi...

Can someone please tell me if they had a bad experience with them or their cars are just not in good condition ?

Thanks.

Simon

Tom C
December 22nd, 2005, 18:00
Simon:

Did you check out the Mugello Blue one at Prestige Imports in CO?

http://www.prestigeimports.net/used_vehicle_details.htm?vehicleId=ee7c4c864046381 e00a9a32c3acfd5e8

I think the links get cut off when posted. Let me know if you can't find it.

The one story I remember reading about Riverside was that someone bought a CPO'd car from them. The buyer was from FL (?) and asked about if the car had any paint work and the condition of the paint in general. Riverside told them the car was never painted and the paint was in great condition. The buyer purchased the car sight unseen and flew up to see the car before they loaded it for transport. Apparently the front had some chips. The buyer was a little po'ed but car was in good condition otherwise. The dealership agreed to cover the cost of a respray done by the buyer's local Audi dealership. Once the car was transported down and brought to the Audi dealer. The paint guy at the dealership told the buyer that the door had been repainted and that it should have been obvious to a dealer who had put the car through the CPO inspection. The buyer was not happy. I think that was the story I read. Not sure which forum.

Tom

simon78
December 22nd, 2005, 18:41
Thanks Tom,

I founds a red one in MD, http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=192769631&dealer_id=83647&car_year=2003&model=RS6&bkms=1135276716727&lang=en&isp=y&start_year=1981&certified=&search_type=both&distance=25&make=AUDI&min_price=&address=22201&advanced=&end_year=2006&max_price=&cardist=10

I think this is the car from FL, Champions Motor. I was working with them and they ended up selling it to an auction.

Going to take a look at it today and see it in person.

Tom C
December 22nd, 2005, 20:00
I saw that one too but figured red wasn't your color of choice. They also seem to have raised the price quite a bit. Let me know how it goes.

If my memory is correct, I think someone posted on audiworld that the red RS6 at Champion Audi had been partially repainted when a hurricane hit Florida and a Stop sign crashed into the car.

Tom

CornersWell
December 22nd, 2005, 20:22
Simon,

I purchased my RS6 there about 14 months ago. I urge caution with dealing with them. I could share the story, but I think I've posted it here and on Audiworld. You can do a search for Riverside and probably pull the comments up quickly. They are a NJ car dealer. Enough said.

I have also read that they are buying up every RS6 they can get their hands on from AoA. I guess these are cars coming off lease. They do the certifcation process, though, so we're covered.

Just make certain you have a 3rd party PPI performed. I relied on the Audi certification process too much, and they maybe didn't look as closely as they should have. They also failed to disclose paintwork on the car to me. I learned that after the fact. To their credit, they've tried to fix the paint problems, but their repair work was sloppy, unfinished and worse when I got it back.

They're on their 3rd Sales Manager in the 14 months I've been dealing with them, too. That says something to me.

CW

simon78
December 22nd, 2005, 21:34
I think i finally found one..

is located in BMW Richmond, so makes it easy for me to trade in my 745, is grey with black and looks pretty much full option.

Going to go see it on friday.

Asking 62K for it with about 28,000 miles...

Let you guys know !

Simon

Tom C
December 23rd, 2005, 00:13
Simon:

I sent you a PM with some interesting info on that car. Let me know if you need a carfax report.

Tom

simon78
December 23rd, 2005, 14:48
Thanks Tom,

I followed your directions and going to see what they say.

Checked out the carfax and looks llike a multiple title registration.

I will keep it posted.

Tom C
December 25th, 2005, 05:08
Simon:

What happened with car?

Tom

simon78
December 27th, 2005, 13:36
I am going today.

I was in NYC, for the holidays...

can;t wait !!! the dealer will honer the price from the link you gave me.

Going to do a PPI and let you know guys know !!

Do you think the previews owner was part of the forum ?

Tom C
December 27th, 2005, 15:27
Simon:

I hope all goes well and you bring home a great car at a great price. We will have to meet up and check out the cars. I live in Potomac and work in Tysons. Although I am off this week.

Tom

simon78
December 27th, 2005, 15:36
Sounds good !

I just spoke to the Audi Dealer in richmond that work on the car and said no need for PPI, the last service was done in oct and the car is in great condition ! but too bad they can;t CPO the car ...

Going down to richmond soon and hope to come back with the rs6 .. and leave the 745 that was most of the time spent in the shop getting updates ... :rs6kiss:

Simon

Tom C
December 27th, 2005, 22:21
Sounds like a great car...good luck!!

Tom

CornersWell
December 27th, 2005, 23:24
Sounds like we're going to have to have an RS6 GTG soon!

CW

Tom C
December 28th, 2005, 04:45
CW:

Count me in!!! :rs6kiss:

Tom

simon78
January 3rd, 2006, 14:05
HI Guys !!

You guys are not going to belive this !! I am so glad that i visited Audi of Alexadria on Sat and meet a person that had a Rs6 Black with black with ONLY 10,000 MILES ON IT !! :D
And he was kind enought to let me test drive it ! and WOW !!!

So, i had to pass on the BMW of Richmond deal and waiting for him to get back to me !

I think this search and wait was worth it !

Again, i will keep you posted !

Tom C
January 3rd, 2006, 15:05
I am partial to the black on black combo...

Good luck and happy New Year!!!

Tom

Benman
January 3rd, 2006, 15:15
Originally posted by simon78
HI Guys !!

You guys are not going to belive this !!
Congrats on your progress Simon. :thumb: Soon it will be yours...all yours!:0:

simon78
January 3rd, 2006, 20:02
Ok ! Need some help in making a decision:

1st Car is:

Silver with Black inside, 29,000 miles, one onwer, and currently at BMW of Richmond for $57,000 and still neg all options, but does not have the sound enhanced exhaust

2nd car is :

Black on black, with 11,000 miles, one onwer local, servied at Audi of Alexa, and can be a possible car for a CPO if the current owner agrees to do it. again full option and with the enhanced exhaust. asking around $67,000 but neg.

What do you guys think ?

Benman
January 3rd, 2006, 21:03
Bauer will take the Black one, price be darned. Me, I'm anti black after having owned two black cars in the past (never again).

The mileage of the Avus Silver one wouldn't bother me either since it's still a one owner car. If you plan on actually driving your RS 6, than I'd go with that one since it won't be so "painful" putting miles on such a low mileage example (like you would in the Black one).

Check and see if the 4 year/50,000 mile Audi warranty is still in effect on the Avus one. If so, that would be my pick. :thumb:

My $.01

CornersWell
January 3rd, 2006, 21:52
Oh, I forgot to mention that I get a lot of postive comments on the Avus color. Black's nice, but when the Avus is clean, it's a really pretty color.

OTOH, dealing with paintwork and the Avus color IS a problem. Period.

CW

rks838
January 8th, 2006, 04:51
When I bought my RS6, Audi of Alexandria was asking $77,000 for the exact same car w/ same options. I bought mine for $72,000. So, if you might be buying from Audi of Alexandria, beware of this.

The significant others in the home sometimes complain that the sound-enhanced exhaust wakes them up at night or in the morning. That I have no explanation for; it's true, on a quiet night, you can hear it from 2 blocks away inside the house.

Avus silver is a pretty color in my opinion, but some people don't like how metallic it is - the car looks a little purple in bright sunlight.

My two cents - good luck.

MrClean
January 22nd, 2006, 05:13
I was going to start a new thread since this is my first post, but what I am wanting to discuss fits well within this thread...
=====

I have an RS6 on hold for $61,900 that I am planning to buy on Monday.

Original Sticker was $87,900.

This one-owner car has 33k miles and has been CPO'ed with an in-service date of 03/26/04. The car drives great (now***) and looks fabulous!

Options:
Premium Package
Sport Exhaust
Carbon Fiber
Rear Side Curtain Airbags
Seat Piping
OnStar
Full Clearbra

As a part of the CPO, the dealer spent about $4,000+ doing:
-New rotors and pads front and back
-New undercarriage plastic cover (had a small crack).
-Refinished wheels (one had major curb marks and two had minor scratches).
-Brand new PZero Rossos.
-Removed a couple door dings and wet-sanded some minor scratches around the trunk loading area.

This is, by far, the most expensive car I have ever purchased and it has me somewhat gun-shy to pull the trigger. A friend of mine thinks I am crazy to buy the car and I will lose 10k the moment I drive it off the lot and it may be worth $35k when I go to sell it 2-3 years from now. I beg to differ, thinking depreciation is an issue with any vehicle and the new B7 S4 they have would suffer even more. It seems to me that the price on this RS6 is actually pretty good for the market and the big depreciation hit has already occurred. As I said, I plan to drive this car for 2-3 years and put about 10k miles per year on the car as a daily driver.

I'd be interested in hearing comments from current owners about their ownership and those researching the buy.

Thanks!

***First test drive had the power loss problems exactly how some have described on this forum regarding the knock sensor and bad gas. The second test drive revealed no problems at all! Weather conditions were about the same in both cases. The car was low on gas the first drive and filled up on the second drive. Coinicidently, I told the sales associate that I felt like the timing was being retared (before reading the related threads) and asked about a valet mode or ECU issues with the RS6's. He only said that the gas they use may have caused it because it is not the highest octane available (89-91 mix). Since it the car drove great today and the service technician checked the car with the VAG-COM while I watched, showing no error codes, I figured all is probably just fine.

Benman
January 23rd, 2006, 15:32
Originally posted by MrClean

This is, by far, the most expensive car I have ever purchased and it has me somewhat gun-shy to pull the trigger. A friend of mine thinks I am crazy to buy the car and I will lose 10k the moment I drive it off the lot and it may be worth $35k when I go to sell it 2-3 years from now. I beg to differ...

Mr Clean, first, welcome to the forum.:thumb:

The car you're interested in, has all the stuff mine does (and doesn't have the Navi like mine too :D).

Your friend is incorrect and you are right. This car is not going to sell for $51,900 the moment you drive off. For that matter, I wouldn't be suprised if you got that more than a year later. Here in So Cal, RS 6s are still selling for $70K+!!! Unbelievable!

Word of caution. You may want to send HyOctane some PMs about the power limp problem. Seems some RS 6s are having this problem and HyOctane (Paul) has had a ton of firsthand experience. If the problem really is gone and Beast is still under warranty, then it might not be a big issue. But this is something that I'd definately shoot him an email for.

Oh... and one last last thing. Like you, this was most certainly the most money I ever spent on a car in my life!!! And I'm loving every day!:thumb: