PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody im looking for an RS4 for sale.

JLG-Racing team
December 13th, 2005, 00:14
Remember this thread :Used Rs4 or brand new S4? (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=5077)
We FINALLY settled. We are going for the modding option and building a half track half daily driver car.
So I am looking for a B5 RS4 for sale in the US. Im located in Montreal Canada. But Im often in the US. Next month ill be going to Tucson, New York, Vermont. So if anybody is selling is RS4 in those regions, let me know. Anybody knows a good site with used cars for sale for the US market? Over here in Canada we got auto-hebdo. But I have no idea for the US.

Thanks

S4Aero
December 13th, 2005, 01:58
Good luck with that. There are very few B5 RS4s on this side of the pond. There are a few ( I believe that one of the tuners - maybe achtuning has one), but on all the forums I frequent, I can't remember anyone talking about their (real) RS4. There are some conversions I'm sure.

The problem is, I don't believe that the RS4 was ever federalized (made legal in the US).

My suggestion is to go B5 S4 and mod 'till the cows come home. Have fun!

JLG-Racing team
December 13th, 2005, 07:04
Good luck with that. There are very few B5 RS4s on this side of the pond. There are a few ( I believe that one of the tuners - maybe achtuning has one), but on all the forums I frequent, I can't remember anyone talking about their (real) RS4. There are some conversions I'm sure.
obviously but there are stillm ore chances of getting one in the US. Theres NONE for sale in Canada.

CarbonFibre
December 13th, 2005, 14:52
Yeah Achtuning's Avus Silver one might still be for sale, but from what I remember they were asking a pretty penny for it.

Benman
December 13th, 2005, 15:19
Originally posted by CarbonFibre
Yeah Achtuning's Avus Silver one might still be for sale, but from what I remember they were asking a pretty penny for it.
Josh @ Achtuning is into his RS 4 close to $100K!!! with all the stupid FED "safety" inspection red tape bull crap etc...

There was another one for sale a few weeks back in the Autoweek Classifieds. They were asking @ $110K!

My point, if you're really set on one, expect to pay in that range!

Ben:addict:

JLG-Racing team
December 13th, 2005, 17:45
Originally posted by Benman
Josh @ Achtuning is into his RS 4 close to $100K!!! with all the stupid FED "safety" inspection red tape bull crap etc...

There was another one for sale a few weeks back in the Autoweek Classifieds. They were asking @ $110K!

My point, if you're really set on one, expect to pay in that range!

I guess its cheaper to import one from France or Swiss. since they sell over there for like 60-70K canadian.
Thats insane old RS4 the price of the new one.:brag:

Benman
December 13th, 2005, 18:00
Originally posted by JLG-Racing team
I guess its cheaper to import one from France or Swiss...

You would think...

I hear Canada has the same kind of retarded grey market import "safety" fees as we do. Buying the car is only a little more than half the battle! Expect to pay upwards of $20K and more than a years worth of patience before that RS 4 is really yours!

That is, unless you make it a track only car and just skip all the red tape!:hahahehe: :incar:

JLG-Racing team
December 13th, 2005, 18:04
Originally posted by Benman
You would think...

I hear Canada has the same kind of retarded grey market import "safety" fees as we do. Buying the car is only a little more than half the battle! Expect to pay upwards of $20K and more than a years worth of patience before that RS 4 is really yours!

That is, unless you make it a track only car and just skip all the red tape!:hahahehe: :incar:

I'll try and get more information about this. Like I sais in the other thread I started. I know a few people at the border...
But still, I should exept 4k shipment for the car...a trip to see family and try out RS4's in France and Swiss. :cool2:
thx Benman

highrustler
December 14th, 2005, 04:38
Sorry, but Josh won't accept less than $120k. This is why he still has it. He took a bath during the federalization process and is trying to make up for it with the sale. I guess it's worth it if you have money to burn...

yjo

JLG-Racing team
December 14th, 2005, 08:07
Originally posted by highrustler
Sorry, but Josh won't accept less than $120k. This is why he still has it. He took a bath during the federalization process and is trying to make up for it with the sale. I guess it's worth it if you have money to burn...

yjo

No. I dont have this kinda money. not for a used car. We just received a 400h Lexus, to replace the suburban. I dont wanna pay 120k for an 2002 car. I still need some help. Does anyboady know any other way. ANY kind of help will be appreciated.
thank you very much.

NogaroHiro
December 14th, 2005, 12:50
Hi,

B5 RS4 is obviously nice car as you know.

I found some information on the car for sale, and I feel that I can help you a little.
Nintythree RS4s are listed on mobile.de including new 4.2L version, and the price of 75 B5 RS4s varies between EUR 13,500 and EUR 54,900 according to the page.
The price range is equivalent for $16k and $66k. The link is presented below.

It will cost around $10k to transport from Europe to Japan and register the car here, so the total may vary between $30k and $80k here.
We have a list of RS4s for sale including twe cars, and the prices are $52.8k and $58.6k in Japan.
I am sorry, but I know nothing on the circumstances of car registration in Canada. Good luck. :rs4addict

Please search for "Audi RS4" for sale on mobile.de:
http://www.mobile.de/

Link for a list of RS4 for sale in Japan:
http://www.carsensorlab.net/usedcar/s.php?m=%83A%83E%83f%83B&s=RS4&area=&pmin=&pmax=&ymin=&ymax=&color=

carlos
December 14th, 2005, 18:06
Ok maybe i can help. I know a guy who should be selling his RS4 b5 2002 (avus). He has it in San Antonio TX with mexican plates ( was sold in mexico). The price should be around 60s ( not sure ). It by know means is federalized, but it could be an option.
cesa

JLG-Racing team
December 14th, 2005, 18:22
Originally posted by NogaroHiro
Hi,

B5 RS4 is obviously nice car as you know.

I found some information on the car for sale, and I feel that I can help you a little.
Nintythree RS4s are listed on mobile.de including new 4.2L version, and the price of 75 B5 RS4s varies between EUR 13,500 and EUR 54,900 according to the page.
The price range is equivalent for $16k and $66k. The link is presented below.

It will cost around $10k to transport from Europe to Japan and register the car here, so the total may vary between $30k and $80k here.
We have a list of RS4s for sale including twe cars, and the prices are $52.8k and $58.6k in Japan.
I am sorry, but I know nothing on the circumstances of car registration in Canada. Good luck. :rs4addict

Please search for "Audi RS4" for sale on mobile.de:
http://www.mobile.de/

Link for a list of RS4 for sale in Japan:
http://www.carsensorlab.net/usedcar/s.php?m=%83A%83E%83f%83B&s=RS4&area=&pmin=&pmax=&ymin=&ymax=&color=

Wow. Thanks alot NogaroHiro.
Im guessing you are located in Japan. I just came back from there 3 weeks ago. it was my first time, and what a magnificent country it is.
Thank you for your help very appreciated.

JLG-Racing team
December 14th, 2005, 18:24
Originally posted by carlos
Ok maybe i can help. I know a guy who should be selling his RS4 b5 2002 (avus). He has it in San Antonio TX with mexican plates ( was sold in mexico). The price should be around 60s ( not sure ). It by know means is federalized, but it could be an option.
cesa

Let me know. Im very interested.
Thank you

highrustler
December 14th, 2005, 19:06
It will cost at least $15k to federalize and perhaps upwards of $30k by the time you cover shipping and insurance. If the car has more than 25k miles, you will most likely have to replace the exhaust system (turbo back) and o2 sensor to meet US emission regulations. The entire lighting system will have to be replaced as well as the instrument cluster. Add to that, the poor dollar vs the Euro and you are in for one heck of an expensive (outdated) car.

james

JLG-Racing team
December 14th, 2005, 19:13
Thx. But right now im just looking for an RS4 for sale. Those federal fees arent has high here in Canada. And they are the least of my concern because like I said before, I have a few tricks to pass the border and get this car legal and Quebec plated. There always are some flaws in the law :0:
When I'll get the info. I do a big post on : "How to import an Rs4 to Canada" Hope fully it will help a few canadians forfilling there dreams! :rs4kiss:

djimenez
December 14th, 2005, 19:27
Hi, my 02 rs4 is for sale, as carlos said its in san antonio tx. the specs are as follow, 19" sportec monoblock with dunlops 255/30 (same overall diameter from factory), bilstein pss9 coilovers, milltek exhaust including downpipes, oct tuning stage 3 455hp (claimed), apr snub mount, awe dts, awe boost gauge, nuespeed ss, H&R sway bars (not installed) and i was going to get the stassis center diff. but havent decided.

The car is registered in mexico and was bought here form audi mexico, it spends its time in San Antonio Tx, general overall condition is 9 /10, and only because it has 32k miles. If you are intrested PM.

Price as is 62.5k

David

Benman
December 14th, 2005, 19:39
Originally posted by JLG-Racing team

When I'll get the info. I do a big post on : "How to import an Rs4 to Canada" Hope fully it will help a few canadians forfilling there dreams! :rs4kiss:
Please do!:thumb:

"It's my way of sticking it to the man."

"But Sir, you are the man".

"Yes, yes I am."

"So then, you're sticking it to yourself?"

"I guess I am":D (American commercial).

pitbull
December 15th, 2005, 14:26
Hi..

You can also import one from germany, the price is about 25k euro..

Take a look..

http://www.mobile.de/SIDcWSlSy-R4UKkVO7fmxBp.Q-t-vaNexlCsCsK~BmSB11Iindex_cgiJ1134659646A1D1100CCar/cgi-bin/index_cgi.pl?_form=search&sr_make=1900&sr_model=rs4&sr_priceFrom=-2&sr_priceTo=-2&sr_category=1100&sr_powerFrom=-2&sr_powerTo=-2&sr_registrationDateFrom=-2&sr_registrationDateTo=-2&sr_mileageFrom=-2&sr_mileageTo=-2&sr_country=-2&sr_zip=&sr_zipRadiusTo=-2&doSearch.x=42&doSearch.y=8

Hope you find one.. Tryed one for some time ago, and feld totaly in love!!!! but in Denmark, it cost too much... We have to pay around 180% in tax.. :MTM:

pitbull
December 15th, 2005, 14:35
If the link dont work, then go too www.mobile.de but it is on german, but i found 93 cars for sale...

Good luck m8

Tanner
December 15th, 2005, 19:48
You may want to check this website out:

http://www.riv.ca

In the list of vehicles admissible and inadmissible into Canada, the B5 RS4 is not mentioned in the list, but I would consider that this would be classified under the 2000-2002 S4. If that is the case, there will be no way you will be allowed to import the vehicle into Canada. Now if you're planning on only using the vehicle for track purposes only and never to be driven on public roads, I'm not sure on whether you would be able to bring it in then.