PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my RS6 yesterday!!!

Tom C
December 11th, 2005, 22:47
I posted over on the "other" board but wanted to share my excitement with everyone over here (although I think everyone surfs back and forth between the two).

The car is amazing. The 715 mile trip from Chicago (Naperville)only solidified my great choice. I love the seemingly endless torque and traction.

I haven't had a chance to take pictures as the car is filfthy from its long journey. Hopefully I should be able to post some this week.

Tom

freerider
December 11th, 2005, 23:34
Congrats. Hope you enjoy the rest of your life with the beast as much as you do now.
Can't wait for the pics.

Oh and welcome :bye: :addict:

nene
December 12th, 2005, 00:00
Welcome Home!

Congratulations on your purchase. Your continued enjoyment shall not wither, and don't forget pix!

BBGT2
December 12th, 2005, 00:00
Congrats on your purchase. Did you buy from Continental Audi in Naperville, if so which one did you get the Avus Siver or the Daytona Gray. Either way you are gonna love the car.
Nothing like a 715 mile trip to really appreciate the vehicle.

Bajo:addict:

rks838
December 12th, 2005, 01:26
Yet another D.C. RS6! What's that, four? This place is like a magnet.

Tom C
December 12th, 2005, 04:08
Bajo:

Yes, I bought it from Contiental Audi of Naperville. It is actually black on black.

rks838:

I have seen a few down here in the last couple of months. I have seen Jay's black one, an avus silver one and a daytona gray one in the Bethesda/Potomac area.

Tom

mmaturo
December 12th, 2005, 06:03
I would say most tend to post on both sites...congrats again (although it just occured to me that I have a different name on this board as I didn't think the MarkNMTT didn't make sense anymore when I have an RS6). Oh and if there is a daytona RS6 at Continental its mine waiting for a new tranny : ( Saw your car when I dropped off mine last week. Car looks good, only black one I have seen in person, most in Chicagoland have silver or a few Daytona's.

BBGT2
December 12th, 2005, 12:31
Originally posted by Tom C
Bajo:

Yes, I bought it from Contiental Audi of Naperville. It is actually black on black.

Tom

Nice color choice, that Ebony Black is a very diff. black and looks great all cleaned up.

BBGT2
December 12th, 2005, 12:33
Originally posted by mmaturo
I would say most tend to post on both sites...congrats again (although it just occured to me that I have a different name on this board as I didn't think the MarkNMTT didn't make sense anymore when I have an RS6). Oh and if there is a daytona RS6 at Continental its mine waiting for a new tranny : ( Saw your car when I dropped off mine last week. Car looks good, only black one I have seen in person, most in Chicagoland have silver or a few Daytona's.

OUCH, a new tranny already. How many miles do you have on her?
Yes I too have only seen Avus and Daytona ones in the Chi-town area and am glad I got the Ebony one for me.
Hope you get your car back real soon.

Bajo
:addict:

Benman
December 12th, 2005, 15:20
I posted over on the "other" board but wanted to share my excitement with everyone over here (although I think everyone surfs back and forth between the two).

Welcome to the board Tom. :0:

Yeah, I'm one of the few who doesn't dual post. Only here, so thanks for sharing. Nice to see more and more RS 6 owners joing the forum.:thumb:

Ben:addict:

mmaturo
December 12th, 2005, 16:42
Originally posted by Bajors6
OUCH, a new tranny already. How many miles do you have on her?
Yes I too have only seen Avus and Daytona ones in the Chi-town area and am glad I got the Ebony one for me.
Hope you get your car back real soon.

Bajo
:addict:

Yep, this after new torque converter and two new turbos to fix my previous overboost problem and a CEL that the torque converter set off. Had the car back for one week and it started to not shift right at all...needs a new tranny too, plus a few other problems with the airconditioning. Had the car since Sept 15 and has been in the shop for 4 and a half weeks so far and at least two more weeks before I get it back. Car had 27K when I bought it (off the lot it had the problem with the turbos cutting out) and now has 31K. Starting to hate my 3.2 A6 loaner. Sucks.

BBGT2
December 12th, 2005, 16:55
Yep, this after new torque converter and two new turbos to fix my previous overboost problem and a CEL that the torque converter set off. Had the car back for one week and it started to not shift right at all...needs a new tranny too, plus a few other problems with the airconditioning. Had the car since Sept 15 and has been in the shop for 4 and a half weeks so far and at least two more weeks before I get it back. Car had 27K when I bought it (off the lot it had the problem with the turbos cutting out) and now has 31K. Starting to hate my 3.2 A6 loaner. Sucks.

Ouch that really sucks big time, can it be declared a lemon if you arent the 1st time owner.
Either way I hope she gets rolling quickly and problem free for you ASAP.

mmaturo
December 12th, 2005, 17:05
Originally posted by Bajors6
Ouch that really sucks big time, can it be declared a lemon if you arent the 1st time owner.
Either way I hope she gets rolling quickly and problem free for you ASAP.

Well, on that line of thinking we shall see. Some people do believe in customer service so I may have better news soon to post on that front, other than actually having my car all back in one piece.

Tom C
December 13th, 2005, 04:29
Thanks guys! I have been reading this board for quite some time given that Erik frequently posted links on the m5board. You all have provided a wealth information which helped my decision.

Thanks again!!

Tom

mmaturo
December 13th, 2005, 07:23
Thanks guys! I have been reading this board for quite some time given that Erik frequently posted links on the m5board. You all have provided a wealth information which helped my decision.

Thanks again!!

Tom

Research and the internet are incredible tools. I bought this car for the passion that I already had for Audi's over 11 years of owning and driving them but I learned everything I could from here and the other forum on the RS6 (and the other Audi's before, which was to reinforce what i already know, hell I just pulling my loaner over a 1 foot high snow drift, try that in any rear wheel drive car, that loaner being a new A6 quattro) and because of this I did find the ultimate 4 door sedan that makes me smile. No BMW or Mercedes I have driven (which is many, other than my own X5, and none does what this car does which is every time I park it I look back at it, smile, say WOW, to myself. This car warps space time and speed like no other car. I have posted of the problems with my particular car, but I do not want a new M5 that is now available, I want my car back working or another RS6 as I know that I will have either my car or another one that will be at full potential for years to come as others here who have had similar problems to mine but since have had 0. I just had an interesting converation with an E55 owner at a local car hand wash...my car was behind his and I wanted to ask him what he thought of the only other car faster...(new M5 excluded and I am talked about 4 doors) and he stopped me first and said that he had two RS6's, one in Colorado and one here, must be nice, never a word about his car but rather complimented the RS6 and we talked for minutes about it...that says volumes... and that is why we spend time here and elsewhere informing each other on how to make them better.

Benman
December 13th, 2005, 15:06
I just had an interesting converation with an E55 owner at a local car hand wash...my car was behind his and I wanted to ask him what he thought of the only other car faster...(new M5 excluded and I am talked about 4 doors) and he stopped me first and said that he had two RS6's, one in Colorado and one here, must be nice, never a word about his car but rather complimented the RS6 and we talked for minutes about it...that says volumes... and that is why we spend time here and elsewhere informing each other on how to make them better.
:thumb: The RS 6 is a special car for sure (jee, not like I'm biased or anything:D), and tons of people seem to recognize it (car guys and gals at least). Two RS 6s and an E55? Life is going pretty well for some!:D

Ben:addict:

mi021le
December 14th, 2005, 04:25
man why didnt i see this earlier. :vhmmm:
happy to know u like it tom. i was geting on the board to get your number to call you tomarrow. lol. cant wait to see her. :D how was the turnpike. man i love going home on the TP.