PDA

View Full Version : RS6 CF trim kit purchase

rtbarry
December 11th, 2005, 18:12
we can get 10% off if more than one order in the same shipment to the US. kit is coming from UK. email me for details [ ron-at-barrystuff.com ].

i've seen the mods freak out on group buys in the AudiWorld S forums before. not sure if this qualifies since i think they are already an advertiser here and i'm not posting any company names. just want to find someone else to help ease the pain of the install and cost.

i will be sure to thoroughly document this one :-)

BBGT2
December 12th, 2005, 12:36
rtbarry, what pieces are included in this kit, I am curiuos as I already have the CF package from the factory but more is always good.

Bajo:addict:

Erik
December 12th, 2005, 12:47
No advertiser here at the moment, go ahead and post.

rtbarry
December 12th, 2005, 19:31
Originally posted by Bajors6
rtbarry, what pieces are included in this kit, I am curiuos as I already have the CF package from the factory but more is always good. Bajo:addict:

You prob already have all this then:
In US Dollars, this would be the pretty accurate $ breakdown assuming two kits are ordered:

Dash $360
Centre console trims $640
Door trims $310
Dash air vents $220 (for A6/S6s that don't have graphite trim here)
Door Open triggers $258 (for A6/S6s that don't have graphite trim here)

Parts total for all the parts $1788.00
Less 10% extra discount $178.80
Parts discounted total $1609.20 x 2 kits = $3218.40
Shipping for two kits $90

Making a total of $3308.40 for two kits.

rtbarry
December 12th, 2005, 19:33
Originally posted by Erik
No advertiser here at the moment, go ahead and post.

Thanks!

Boston Driver
December 13th, 2005, 14:33
Interesting. I already have a set that I scored off eBay Germany, but I had the shift surround milled out to fit the 2001 tiptronic shifter, which had the D-4-3-2 vs. the D-S in the 2002 and later. Now that I am buying a 2002 A6 4.2, I need the original part. Any idea how much just the shift surround would be?

rtbarry
December 13th, 2005, 18:21
Originally posted by Boston Driver
Interesting. I already have a set that I scored off eBay Germany, but I had the shift surround milled out to fit the 2001 tiptronic shifter, which had the D-4-3-2 vs. the D-S in the 2002 and later. Now that I am buying a 2002 A6 4.2, I need the original part. Any idea how much just the shift surround would be?

looks like that one piece is 113 british pounds. so do the conversion (online calculator or whatever) to get close.

Boston Driver
December 13th, 2005, 18:49
Not too bad, about $200 US. Can I just order this one part???

rtbarry
December 13th, 2005, 19:11
Not too bad, about $200 US. Can I just order this one part???

i'm sure we could add it onto my order, which i am still trying to solidify. hoping to get someone else on board for a full kit to get the discount, and save on some shipping. will keep you posted.

carbonLORD
December 13th, 2005, 20:18
Why dont you call any Audi dealer and find out that it costs less then that?

eBay.de has sets all the time, for around $500 US for the complete kit.

I know because I have one.

Hey, its your money. I guess if you can afford a RS 6 you can afford to get ripped every now and then.

Best of luck fellas but try and do a little homework before you throw away your money OK?

rtbarry
December 13th, 2005, 22:33
Originally posted by carbonLORD
Best of luck fellas but try and do a little homework before you throw away your money OK?

settle down, junior :eye:

i didn't get ripped off when i bought my RS6 and i don't intend to now. the check isn't in the mail yet.

i have been searching ebay.de with no luck, on and off, for months. in fact, i asked you over on AW who your seller was - no response.

i am still waiting on a quote from my dealer, but i don't expect it to be the bargain of the century. it's not exactly something you can find on the audicollection website.

it would be great if you could dig up who you got yours from on ebay.de - if they were some sort of dealer or salvage yard that might stock it on and off.

TIA.

BBGT2
December 13th, 2005, 23:21
Be aware of Ebay period.
The stuff looks good but you never know what you are going to get unless you buy from a seller that is reputable.
Ebay has a ton of Audi stuff here and in Germany. Quality wise wouldnt bet on it, if it is cheap it usually is made just the same way CHEAP. You get what you pay for.

Bajo

rtbarry
December 13th, 2005, 23:37
Originally posted by Bajors6
Be aware of Ebay period.

i'm already wary. have bought several things from US site, but only from people i sorta "know".

sounds like CL did alright on his CF purchase, but you gotta wonder where anyone with a legit OEM CF kit got it in the first place, to sell it that cheap. possibly salvage, but can't be too many of those around. wouldn't a fresh kit have had to originate from Audi, and thus be pretty expensive?

we'll see what my dealer comes up with, but they laughed when i asked for a quote.

KCRS6
December 14th, 2005, 01:29
When I was trying to find an RS6, a dealer that had one without CF gave me a quote of $2800-$3000 plus installation to change out the wood trim. Needless to say, I passed. Based on these numbers, the price you have for a brand new kit does not sound bad.I eventually bought an Avus silver/black CF, Nav, Exhaust car from Continental Audi. I have had it 6 weeks and it is awesome!

BBGT2
December 14th, 2005, 03:31
Originally posted by KCRS6
When I was trying to find an RS6, a dealer that had one without CF gave me a quote of $2800-$3000 plus installation to change out the wood trim. Needless to say, I passed. Based on these numbers, the price you have for a brand new kit does not sound bad.I eventually bought an Avus silver/black CF, Nav, Exhaust car from Continental Audi. I have had it 6 weeks and it is awesome!

Wohooo, another Chi-town RS6'er, congrats and welcome aboard.
Can anyone see us having a RS6 get together???? I hope one day.

BBGT2
December 14th, 2005, 03:37
Originally posted by rtbarry
i'm already wary. have bought several things from US site, but only from people i sorta "know".

sounds like CL did alright on his CF purchase, but you gotta wonder where anyone with a legit OEM CF kit got it in the first place, to sell it that cheap. possibly salvage, but can't be too many of those around. wouldn't a fresh kit have had to originate from Audi, and thus be pretty expensive?

we'll see what my dealer comes up with, but they laughed when i asked for a quote.

I agree that little for an OEM carbon kit is an awesome deal, as far as where it came from who knows. As long as it's real CF and not CF inlay where they just put a layer of it on top of fiberglass and call it real.
I think you got a good deal for your package.
The thing with mods is there is always going to be someone out there that got it, could of gotten, it cheaper. BUT, you go when you want and you stop when you want. This board is a great place to get opinions and help from, always.
Good luck in your purchase and install process, if you need help just post.

carbonLORD
December 14th, 2005, 16:26
...I couldnt possibly remember a deal from 2 years ago, since Ive done about 1500 deals on eBay since then but the seller just had junkers and was not a dealer. It was off of his S6 actually and I would have been the first person to swap a lot of RS 6 parts on to a 4.2 A6 but I'm into that sort of thing through cycling (Carbon bikes, my side business ad all, hence the handle).

Yeah, know your seller but the problem I see with a lot of people, and eBay is they all have the negative approach that if its a deal, its somehow shady, stolen? I dont really get it and I'm glad I dont because eBay and eBay.de has been nothing but wonderful, in my 7 years using the resource.

My kit is officially off of a S6, since CF interiors have been an option there before the RS 6 existed. The company which manufacturers all of our trims as well as BMW's is a company called Novem.

http://www.novem.de/

Do a little research and you might be able to go direct through the manufacturer in Germany but my deal was a one time deal, as were the few others from Audi Worlds A6 forum, where I origianlly put people on to the idea of swapping out this, and many more RS 6 parts.

Best of luck fellas. A deal waits for the person who waits for a deal.

Oh and, I installed it myself and on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the ardest, this is like a 2 so dont pay someone to do 15 minutes worth of work for you, just email me and I'll walk you through. Cheers!

rtbarry
December 14th, 2005, 22:02
Best of luck fellas. A deal waits for the person who waits for a deal.

Oh and, I installed it myself and on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the ardest, this is like a 2 so dont pay someone to do 15 minutes worth of work for you, just email me and I'll walk you through. Cheers!

cool. thanks for the info on Novem. will try that route too.

as for install, i'm a DIY'er unless something is way over my head from an electrical standpoint. this one seems readily doable. and i'll be documenting it for others if there are any tips or caveats i note.

thanks again!

rtbarry
December 14th, 2005, 22:21
Why dont you call any Audi dealer and find out that it costs less then that?

well dealer quote came back. just for parts, no labor, it is: $2596.54

the price i have from the UK, for same parts, is:
$1310 + $90shipping (plus a 10% discount if more jump on)

i'll try novem next, but i think unless i get lucky with a salvage car soon, i'm going with this deal. anybody who would like to jump on the order, i'll be finalizing by end of next week, and then i will distribute to each party in the US at ground cost.

nene
December 14th, 2005, 22:32
I think that $1300 for the setup + shipping is one hell of a deal.

Boston Driver
January 3rd, 2006, 00:56
Have you submitted the order yet???

rtbarry
January 3rd, 2006, 19:25
Have you submitted the order yet???

sorry. not yet. i promise i will let you know as soon as i do. was hoping to drum up more interest to get a larger order and discount. going on a week+ drive up the cali coast, will be place order when i get back around jan. 16.

talk to you then.

Boston Driver
January 25th, 2006, 20:32
So, any update on this purchase? I might be interested in the carbon fiber trim only, not the dash vents and door trim other than the carbon fiber inserts. Can you shoot me an e-mail so we can chat off line? bostondriver@gmail.com

Thanks!!!

rtbarry
January 25th, 2006, 21:38
So, any update on this purchase?

ygm :-)