December 7th, 2005, 18:31
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7126/rs4logo2dg.jpg

Internal Audi US Specific RS4 info :deal: :rs4addict

Document:

Link: http://academy.accessaudi.com/files/mySpex/2007_RS4.pdf

Mirror link: http://rapidshare.de/files/8773566/2007_RS4.pdf.html

Erik
December 7th, 2005, 18:51
It's asking for a RUP code. Can you e-mail it to me? Tks!

Julz RS4
December 7th, 2005, 19:01
Originally posted by Erik
It's asking for a RUP code. Can you e-mail it to me? Tks!

Simply put the red code inside the box and click after on the download button. :hahahehe:

But I post another link to download the RS4 document, rapidshare link is just in case. ;)

Cheers.

Julz :rs4addict

SoCal
December 7th, 2005, 19:36
Thanks for posting this so quickly. It's very comprehensive.:bow:

Of course, the bad news is that the North American changes (especially the different seats:cry:, and also steering wheel and so forth) are disappointing. I admit that US drivers have an odd affinity for cup holders, but I can't believe that most buyers of an:rs4addict would really prefer another cup holder to a start button.

It looks like the S button will give US cars more aggressive throttle mapping, not just a change in the exhaust note, as in Europe. That's good. Overall, looking mighty sweet.

It's also interesting to see in the fine print that the 40/60 rear bias on the AWD is also found on the manual S4, not just the new RS4. Means that modded S4's remain a fun alternative.

Also good to see in print that Audi intends to sell RS4s in North America for more than one model year, but in low enough numbers to remain rare.

Thanks again.

Erik
December 7th, 2005, 19:43
Thanks! Very interesting! :rs4addict

"European RS 4 start button not available because (1) it has no
smart key function that you find in the A6 and A8. As a result, (2)
cupholders are more important for the US and Canadian market
needs." :lovl:

"Center console with dual cupholders and extra power
outlet only available in US & Canada" :D

Side markers...bad news!

Engine...

"A redesigned intake pipe system with a single throttle butterfly
and double-flow exhaust system with large diameter pipes
specific to this model further boosts the effective power output"

Love the Nurburgring map in there :thumb:

"All cars to be equipped with premium package until June 2006 Production for low complexity and ease
of dealer trades."

highrustler
December 8th, 2005, 05:28
Are those horrid side reflectors on the A4 or S4? If not, why in the hell is Audi using them on their ultimate performance car and not on the base models?

james

SoCal
December 8th, 2005, 05:47
Originally posted by highrustler
Are those horrid side reflectors on the A4 or S4? If not, why in the hell is Audi using them on their ultimate performance car and not on the base models?

james
Yes, they are horrid. puke: And yes, the 2006 A4 and S4 (even the S4 25quattro "special edition" car) have them.

On the RS4 they are especially noticeable -- and especially ugly -- though because of the slitted side vents on the RS4 bumper. The lesser models don't have the slits, so the side reflectors don't stand out as much, nor do they disturb what is otherwise a distinctive styling cue on the RS4.

At a minimum, you'd hope that Audi offers a clear color option for the forward reflector rather than orange. Porsche does that, but you sometimes have to ask the dealer to swap them out. That goes a long way (though not far enough) to making them less obnoxious.

What were they thinking?:vhmmm:

Lake Sky
December 8th, 2005, 18:37
Originally posted by SoCal
I admit that US drivers have an odd affinity for cup holders, but I can't believe that most buyers of an:rs4addict would really prefer another cup holder to a start button.

The RS4 does not have a "smart key" where you just open door , sit down and press start , all the while never taking the key out of your pocket or purse. . So the Euro RS4 owner still has to insert key into the ignition slot and then press the console button. That's bordering on " rice " , as I prefer to just twist the key on the coming US version and be done with it.

rks838
December 10th, 2005, 00:36
I agree. It sounds tacky, but turning the key is like you're physically twisting some monster to life. A button, to me, makes that monster a regular machine. Then it's no different from other items that you turn with a button such as radios, microwaves, etc.

That's really poetic, anyway, long live the normal ignition!

Audihead
December 14th, 2005, 21:55
Thank you very much for the info, it was very helpful.:0: :rs4addict

highrustler
December 15th, 2005, 20:24
Are there any photos of the optional aluminum trim? The carbon is cool but i would entertain something different if it looks good.

firewired
December 16th, 2005, 06:09
Originally posted by highrustler
Are there any photos of the optional aluminum trim? The carbon is cool but i would entertain something different if it looks good.

Coming from the aluminum trim on the M3, and having seen how surprisingly much nicer the carbon fiber is on the 25th anniversary edition than it is on the S4, I am looking to the carbon fiber option.

lyldvlsh1
January 2nd, 2006, 21:17
This post disappointed me very much. I can't believe half goodies are not going to be installed. what a load of crap? I feel like taking my deposit back...:rs4addict :vgrumpy:

Bomber
January 4th, 2006, 17:39
C'mon guys it can't be that bad......after all you get the car much cheaper than we do....

I'm located in the Netherlands,the prices are ridiculous over here...

RS4 V8 will cost over 100.000 euro's here...:MTM:

MJN
January 4th, 2006, 18:47
I also live in the Netherlands and i would rather have to pay more for my RS4 and get al those funny tricks that the EuroRS4 has.

firewired
January 4th, 2006, 18:52
At least you can actually order it over there, we are still waiting over here. I am very envious (except for the price part.)

alex_s3
January 4th, 2006, 20:14
Isn't RS2-4 available in USA ??

SoCal
January 4th, 2006, 20:18
Originally posted by alex_s3
Isn't RS2-4 available in USA ??

RS2 is not available in U.S.

RS6 was first RS car imported by Audi to U.S. market (2003 model year).

RS4 will be the second RS car here. US dealers are still awaiting their initial deliveries.

If you ask me, one of the great things about getting your car in Europe isn't just the selection, it's being able to drive on European roads. Autobahn, anyone?

Enjoy your toys.
:rs6kiss:

firewired
January 4th, 2006, 22:14
Originally posted by SoCal
RS2 is not available in U.S.
If you ask me, one of the great things about getting your car in Europe isn't just the selection, it's being able to drive on European roads. Autobahn, anyone?

Enjoy your toys.
:rs6kiss:

It doesn't make a lot of sense to not have a similar kind of thing here in the U.S. with all the wide open areas we have.

Audihead
January 5th, 2006, 20:37
We also don't get SWB versions of the A8 either. No 2-Door A3's, nor half of the engine choices for all the cars. No plus version of the RS6. No diesels. No Avant in the new RS4. Shall I keep going? This what happens when the U.S. can't outsell the U.K.

alex_s3
January 5th, 2006, 20:52
And no S3.. thats a shame..

MJN
January 5th, 2006, 21:29
Originally posted by Audihead
We also don't get SWB versions of the A8 either. No 2-Door A3's, nor half of the engine choices for all the cars. No plus version of the RS6. No diesels. No Avant in the new RS4. Shall I keep going? This what happens when the U.S. can't outsell the U.K.
From my european point of view, all americans drive SUV's and don't want small cars like the Audi A3 or a SWB A8, so it makes sense to not export these cars. I don't know if that are Audi's thoughts, but i can image they are.

Futhermore, the rediculous adjustments that have to be made for the US market don't help a lot. That means that the basic costprise of the Audi rise (not only extra cupholders, but probably also different crashtests). That makes it very expensive for european makes to sell their cars in the US, especially if there aren't lots and lots of Audi's sold in the US.

So, start to get rid of the car regulations and expect the audi's floating in... :D

Rstr
January 12th, 2006, 23:04
Any update on the US launch? It's been very quiet...

firewired
January 13th, 2006, 00:02
I was told by one of the dealers that I have a deposit with that initial orders are going in the end of this month. Not me though (I am 7th on the list).

Rstr
January 13th, 2006, 00:15
Originally posted by firewired
I was told by one of the dealers that I have a deposit with that initial orders are going in the end of this month. Not me though (I am 7th on the list).

Does your dealer already know their allotment?

firewired
January 13th, 2006, 00:18
Good question, I asked the same one. Sales manager saud they should know by the end of the month. Hope he is right, and it doesn't get delayed like Europe.

At what point would you expect they would start calling it a '07 model?

Rstr
January 13th, 2006, 00:22
It's launching as an '07 model.

Scott-man
January 13th, 2006, 03:19
Thanks!

datafirm
January 24th, 2006, 06:35
Originally posted by rks838
I agree. It sounds tacky, but turning the key is like you're physically twisting some monster to life. A button, to me, makes that monster a regular machine. Then it's no different from other items that you turn with a button such as radios, microwaves, etc.

That's really poetic, anyway, long live the normal ignition!

Here is a GOOD reason for a smart key with NO igntion (I am bummed there is no smart key).

That damn ignition key gets in the way of my knees when I am in the perfect driving position. I am 6' 3" and when I am upright and close to the steering wheel my knees are touching the key. In my older B5 S4 I actually turned off the car on hard braking -- in effect locking my steering and stopping braking power. Very scary and dangerous .. :(