PDA

View Full Version : All I want for Christmas is....

mootsrider
December 7th, 2005, 01:27
Enhanced Exhaust.

I've called Hoppen / MTM and they have none. Any of you near CA have the sport exhaust lying around after an upgrade that you would be willing to sell?

Also, I'm selfishly trying to come up also with some good gifts for someone else to give an RS6 enthusiast. Car cover, cleaning products, poster? Anybody get a great gift I can request from my wife as a stocking stuffer?

(Sorry for being frequent visitor infrequent post-er).

gregoryindiana
December 7th, 2005, 02:33
Originally posted by mootsrider
Enhanced Exhaust.

I've called Hoppen / MTM and they have none.

I hope you mean that they don't have any in stock that they can get to you by Christmas.

It would be very disappointing if it was already hard to get aftermarket performance exhausts; this car is only 2 1/2 years old. A lot of us are waiting to make the modification move until the warranties are up.

mootsrider
December 7th, 2005, 03:06
MTM has been a good source for RS6 Sport Exhaust taken-off for a Milltek upgrade. They will sell it on your behalf and apply it to your upgrade. Typically $475-500 delivered.

...I'm pretty confident they have new exhaust in stock they can sell, but it's the used stock "enhanced" exhaust I'm looking for.

Jamie

BBGT2
December 7th, 2005, 03:12
I have mine for sale. Your X-mas wish will come true, make me an offer I cant refuse anything fair. Just PM me.

Bajo

mmaturo
December 12th, 2005, 06:15
If he doesn't bite and I actually ever get my car back (should by New Years I hope), I was going to buy one that was at GRD ($400 plus install) but they sold it before I could come in and get it...as I am a chicago resident I may be interested in yours...

BBGT2
December 12th, 2005, 12:28
mmaturo,

I sold it to him already, sorry. Where is your car, hope not at the dealer getting worked on. If you need a good dealer and service I might be able to help.

Bajo:addict:

mmaturo
December 12th, 2005, 17:02
Rats on the exhaust, a little annoyed that GRD sold the one they had because I clearly told them I would buy it by email with one of the guys but didn't have my car back from its last major breakdown to make an appointment. No luck with this damn thing.

It is at Continental, and I am confident they can get it up and running again. As I bought the car at McGrath (with the problem of the turbos spooling then shutting out with even a little bit of aggressive throttle, which for the record I am sure is hard to find out without daily driving as it did not throw any codes at first) and when I brought it in the first time for the turbos cutting out (3 weeks into owning it) they found nothing wrong but did replace one leaking vacuum line which was obviously not the problem as just pulling back out onto the road at the dealership the turbos cut out as before, but I was on my way to a meeting and didn't have time to do the u-turn back in to them, and me with a lack of patience, I have owned several Audis and have been on the search for the best service, I decided to give one more dealership a try (having been through the Exchange, Schaumburg, who actually did the best for me with my last car, and the world's worst by necessity downtown at Loeber, now Fletcher Jones). So at an Audi event I had a tech from Conti check it out and he could see the overboost clearly and from that alone I at least had enough trust that he could find the problem. I think everything else has snowballed from the original problem.

On the customer service front I may have better news soon.