PDA

View Full Version : Another "Stu"

Benman
December 2nd, 2005, 22:36
From the most recent "Audi Owner News"

"Spotlight Owner

When asked what he likes most about Audi — he owns three — American Airlines captain Stuart "Stu " Barasch answered without hesitation: "Audi AG." Not the usual owner response. But then, how many of us have received a call from an Ingolstadt engineer apologizing for a misaligned door?

It happened for Stu after purchasing his first Audi, a 1999 A4. As he told us, "The fit and finish was perfect inside and out. The only thing that needed adjusting was the driver's side door that didn't close completely without a couple of tries. Scottsdale Audi adjusted it immediately and all was perfect." End of story — or so Stu thought.

"Two weeks later I received a call from an engineer. He apologized for the misalignment of the door, told me a report had been sent to the factory, and offered any further assistance, including a tour of the factory if I find myself in Ingolstadt.

"I will never, ever forget that call or the whole first- time experience with Audi. It makes me intensely proud to represent their vehicles and has solidified me as life-long owner."

Recently, Stu had the opportunity to meet Audi of America Director of Marketing, Stephen Berkov.

"We finally had the chance to meet at the Gordon McCall Motorworks Revival," Stu recalled. They met again at the Audi hospitality suite at this year's ALMS race at Laguna Seca — a memorable day for Stu. "Stephen introduced me to Audi of America Executive Vice President Johan de Nysschen and other Audi officials a well as the drivers."

As mentioned, Stu owns three Audi models: his original A4, a 2003 TT Roadster, and a relatively rare 1990 Audi 90 model. He also admits to proselytizing on behalf of Audi.

"As an airline captain, my poor first officers are stuck with me in that little cockpit for days at a time. I don't steer the conversation, but if we wind up talking about cars — and pilots love cars — I do preach from the Book of Audi." He believes he's sold at least one of his fellow pilots on an S4.

Mr. Barasch is a 21-year veteran of the United States Air Force and Arizona Air National Guard flying KC-135 tanker aircraft. His duties have taken him to the skies over Iraq, Bosnia, Kosovo, and on many worldwide humanitarian missions. "

:D

Ben:addict:

SpinEcho
December 2nd, 2005, 23:08
Interesting.... Audi's treatment of me (or lack thereof) has been one of the most disappointing aspects of ownership, both for my previous TT and now, my RS6. Guess I'd better start telling some of my friends to by Audis a little more forcefully...

gjg
December 3rd, 2005, 16:52
interesting to me as well - my letters from September 2004 and another one from February 2005 to Audi AG Customer Relations have not been answered to date - and someone in Audi signed for them .....

oh, I've forgot, I need to buy A4 ..... A8 and the Best is not considered that important .....

:doh: