PDA

View Full Version : Why the RS6 only came out now?

J.Seven
November 11th, 2002, 16:06
They should have done this car three years ago. Now the magazines are already showing pictures of the new 2003/04 A6. I believe this will take out some of the impact/charm this car has now. If we look at the new S4, is stunning, and for sure will make the RS4 look a bit dated, and this, just after two years of his release.

Ps-Sorry for the spell, english is not my first linguage.

J.Seven

Erik
November 11th, 2002, 16:46
It differs from manufacturer to manufacturer how they release 'the supercars.'

It seems VAG releases the top models at the end of the model life.

Just look at the RS4, RS6 and Golf R32 etc.

Don't worry...there will be a new RS6 with V10 :addict: I just hope quattro GmbH gets it together and give their customers the freedom of choice when it comes to gearbox, otherwise there will be more :argue:

You can clearly see how they marketed the release of new Audis.

RS6 ---> New A8 ---> New A3 ---> New A6 ---> :?: :?: :?: :?:

kye
November 12th, 2002, 10:26
Originally posted by J.Seven
They should have done this car three years ago. Now the magazines are already showing pictures of the new 2003/04 A6. I believe this will take out some of the impact/charm this car has now. If we look at the new S4, is stunning, and for sure will make the RS4 look a bit dated, and this, just after two years of his release.
Ps-Sorry for the spell, english is not my first linguage.

J.Seven
hi there, the new a6 will be out in 2004 as sedan and 2005 as avant. to bring the topmodel at the end of the production is typical for audi. as far as i know there are three reasons for this. first audi/quattro wants to push the sale of the normal models by bringing the model back into the newspapers with a new topmodel (imageburst)
second at the end of the production all normal errors and problems with a carmodel are fixed so this model is very "stable"
last audi ag/quattro gmbh can use up a lot of the parts that are left over at the end of the productioncycle.