PDA

View Full Version : Euro warranty question

JAXRS6
November 24th, 2005, 00:12
A dealer spokesman said here in Florida yesterday that in Europe, the RS6 has no warranty, or that it was only six months.

I thought I read here long ago that in the UK at least, the warranty was 2 years but an Abt chip was allowed.

I guess we're lucky that here in the US, we get four years and 50K miles -- plus a lower price. Helps to make up for no Recaros!

But I'm still wondering: What is the warranty length in Europe for the RS6 and/or all Audis? Is it comprehensive, or drivetrain only?

jim kelly
November 24th, 2005, 05:02
Just out of possible interest, out here in the wilds of OZ ALL AUDIs have 3years with unlimited Kms warranty and we got 19" rims and Recaros, in fact same specs as the Brits got.
Price here for my avant was USD 160,000 (I converted at 0.75 per OZ$). They even put crossdrilled front rotors (specd for the Euro RS6 plus model) on mine at no charge - that stopped the low speed brake squeal with standard rotors.

Rupert
November 24th, 2005, 09:55
Hello JAX,

The warrantee in the UK is 3 years comprehensive, with a 3 year paint warrantee, 12 month anti-corrosion warrantee.

RS6-dreamer
November 24th, 2005, 12:07
Hello,

In Belgium is the warranty also 2years, and when you take ABT, you get also 2years if the kilometres of your audi or vw under 100000km is. Up 100000km you get 1year warranty for your chip and works.

Grtz,

gjg
November 24th, 2005, 20:59
JAX, that guy is full of shit - I would say he thinks EUrope is near Toronto ...

Standard warranty is mandatory 2 years except wear and tear items (tires, pads, etc.). My both RS6 came with n/c 3 year bumper to bumper warranty AND full service plan (up to three years or 120000 km whichever comes first), body/paint 12 years unlimited.

:idea: