Thats for sure :)

jonas_dg
November 18th, 2005, 13:39
you mean it's patched up? scary they try to pull this off :rolleyes:
"Imaculate Condition." - my a$$
and he/she didn't even bother to change plates LOL

Klint
November 18th, 2005, 14:46
I'm sure the price is right for the vehicle history. But spending more than £100k on a car that's been crashed? No thanks!

Benman
November 18th, 2005, 15:15
Originally posted by jonas_dg
Not sure about Europe, but here in the States, that is done ALL the time. There is an entire industry based around fixing totals for resale. The only difference in this case is that the vehicle is such a high end one. But believe me, any second hand car could have a similar history.

Why do you think some threads here have had pics removed showing crashed cars. The owners do not want them posted so that they will not have as big of a problem reselling their fixed car at a later date.

Ben:addict:

Andreas
November 18th, 2005, 19:21
Originally posted by jonas_dg

"15 Nov 2005 1:13 pm
Happened this morning in Parnell, Auckland. Apparantly, no other cars involved.
What a waste"
(Source: http://www.gpforums.co.nz/thread/298995/?s= (http://))

If this is true it means that the lambo was crashed after the ad was put out.

Eckoman
November 18th, 2005, 23:25
Originally posted by Benman
Not sure about Europe, but here in the States, that is done ALL the time.
But in the states you have www.carfax.com and www.autocheck.com

:deal:

gjg
November 19th, 2005, 08:09
In some parts of Europe I know this is done for sure - entire industry .... and no carfax

AriciU
November 19th, 2005, 08:15
In my country this is the current trend going on. Import crashed cars from Germany, fix them up (they look perfect afterwards and it is very cheap to repair them around here...) then sell them as mint. It is more profitable to do this then importing non-crashed so you can see why everyone's doing it...

Benman
November 21st, 2005, 15:29
Originally posted by Eckoman
But in the states you have www.carfax.com and www.autocheck.com

:deal:
Wouldn't put complete faith in either. I've owned three cars that were near salvaged and our shop fixed up. I drove all three of them for years before reselling (so I wasn't interested in a quick fix for profit as my family would be using them and they needed to be repaired correctly for my family's safety).

But when I did resell them later, each time when a potential buyer would ask if it had been in an accident, I'd ask them what did carfax pull up. Their reply was "Nothing".

Yes I did tell them that it was involved in an accident before I bought the car and that I repaired the car before putting my family into it. But my point is that on all three of these examples, carfax gave them all a "clean bill". Carfax is great and all, but it doesn't catch all of them.:cheers:

BTW, sold all three, no problem.

Eckoman
November 21st, 2005, 16:19
Originally posted by Benman
Yes I did tell them that it was involved in an accident before I bought the car and that I repaired the car before putting my family into it. But my point is that on all three of these examples, carfax gave them all a "clean bill". Carfax is great and all, but it doesn't catch all of them.:cheers:
Good boy you told them :thumb:

You are right that with carfax you cant catch all of the bad guys. But your chances are very much increased compared to Germany (Europe?), where we dont have this kind of central registry.

Benman
November 21st, 2005, 17:08
Originally posted by Eckoman
Good boy you told them :thumb:

You are right that with carfax you cant catch all of the bad guys. But your chances are very much increased compared to Germany (Europe?), where we dont have this kind of central registry.
Thank you, and yes, after I told them that I was confident enough with the repairs to put my own wife and child in the car, they were more confident as well. Also, they were free to inspect the repairs all they wanted.

Yeah, with carfax, it ain't a 100%, but it is better than nothing at all.:cheers: