PDA

View Full Version : US Code YTY "Sound enhancing exhaust system withblack tips

Speedracer
February 23rd, 2003, 16:48
Thanks to JP4 for the info on sunroof and Nav system. Does anyone know about the above US option? Also, I've heard the stock exhaust sounds great. Would this be louder (and possibly annoying) for day-to-day use?

Erik
February 23rd, 2003, 17:02
Hopefully I'll get to hear the sports exhaust in a few weeks.
I doubt very much it will be too loud for everyday use.

Also if you search the forum for 'sports exhaust' etc. you'll find lots of interesting stuff and pictures :)

Don't miss this thread:

http://audirs6.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=548&highlight=cd

Benman
February 24th, 2003, 15:18
i have ordered the sport exhaust system for my RS6.
it has a great matt black finish and is reported to have an
even nicer tone of the same great exhaust sound!!:cheers:

:addict:

eph94
February 24th, 2003, 19:33
I'm very curious to hear what others' opinions are as well. I didn't put the exhaust on my initial order since I was afraid it might be a little too "rice boy" for a car that is meant to be a stealthy beast.

Right now we have two Bimmers, a 540 and an X5 3.0. The X5, although markedly wimpier than the 540, has more of a throaty growl to the exhaust and I quite frankly don't like it. The folk on the X5 board seem to love it, so I guess it truly is a matter of personal preference.

Somethings tells me that I'm going to want to hear every note the sweet RS6 engine music so a sound-enhancing exhaust would be something I wouldn't want. However, I may get caught up in the heat of the moment and actually order the exhaust package when the order becomes firm.

Benman
February 24th, 2003, 19:44
you are right about everyone having their own tastes. the
matt black exaust would actually not hurt the "stealthy beast"
image any more than chromed tips. in fact to the unwise it
would just look like you never washed your exhaust tips.

and as for sound anything that can give me more of that great
exhaust note is fine by me as long as it is not anoying.:cheers:

:addict: