PDA

View Full Version : Euro RS6 Seats

BBGT2
November 14th, 2005, 21:26
Found some on ebay.de and was wondering if anyone here knows if it will fit a US RS6 and is it a direct fit or will it need to be modified (:vgrumpy: ).
I really love the way they look and can just imagine how they feel.

Thank's

Bajo:addict:

BBGT2
November 15th, 2005, 19:12
Qisha,

Thank you VERY MUCH for your speedy reply and your help with this.

Guys,
I PM'd him to ask around and the guy immediately called Quattro Gmbh and was told it was a direct fit albeit I would lose the memory function, whoopsie do as far as I am concerned.
Next step ebay.de to get some REAL seats befitting the beast.

gjg
November 16th, 2005, 11:45
Bajo,

the only "issue" with Recaros is the "no right mirror downtilt" function because of the missing seat memory function.

:thumb:

Kappe
November 16th, 2005, 12:41
Originally posted by Bajors6
Found some on ebay.de and was wondering if anyone here knows if it will fit a US RS6 and is it a direct fit or will it need to be modified (:vgrumpy: ).
I really love the way they look and can just imagine how they feel.

Thank's

Why do you want euro RS6 seats? are they different from the us version? :confused:

BBGT2
November 16th, 2005, 13:16
gjg,

That is a small price to pay for those seats I think.

Kappe,

Yes VERY different we here got the "cheap" seats if you ask me, not good seats at all in my opinion.
I will find a pic and post both versions.

Kappe
November 16th, 2005, 13:20
gjg,

That is a small price to pay for those seats I think.

Kappe,

Yes VERY different we here got the "cheap" seats if you ask me, not good seats at all in my opinion.
I will find a pic and post both versions.

Aahh ok
btw the euro recaro's RS6 seats are ok th0 :D

BBGT2
November 16th, 2005, 13:21
These are the USA seats.

Kappe
November 16th, 2005, 13:24
These are the USA seats.

OMG! NO! your joking right? no pls :rolleyes:
Serious.. How could audi sell that?

They look really bad tbh. omg do you sit in these :eek:
The normal A6 seats look already way better than that..

You will be soooo happy if you got the euro seats! Trust me! :D

BBGT2
November 16th, 2005, 14:46
Originally posted by Kappe
OMG! NO! your joking right? no pls :rolleyes:
Serious.. How could audi sell that?

They look really bad tbh. omg do you sit in these :eek:
The normal A6 seats look already way better than that..

You will be soooo happy if you got the euro seats! Trust me! :D

Now you see why I am trying to get the Recaro's from Europe.
All is well especially now that Qisha was kind enough to get that info for me straight from Quattro Gmbh, all that is left is to find some, I would be happy with used ones as long as they are in great condition.

Kappe
November 16th, 2005, 14:53
Now you see why I am trying to get the Recaro's from Europe.
All is well especially now that Qisha was kind enough to get that info for me straight from Quattro Gmbh, all that is left is to find some, I would be happy with used ones as long as they are in great condition.

Maybe I can help you with this.. A friend of mine his dad owns the Audi/volkswagen dealer in my city.

He always gets VW and audi parts for his golf 2 GTI.
Like audi TT enigine, Seat cupra exaust, VW xenon lights, TT gearbox etc etc.

So I can ask if he can look for those kind of seats, if you like

BBGT2
November 16th, 2005, 15:00
Maybe I can help you with this.. A friend of mine his dad owns the Audi/volkswagen dealer in my city.

He always gets VW and audi parts for his golf 2 GTI.
Like audi TT enigine, Seat cupra exaust, VW xenon lights, TT gearbox etc etc.

So I can ask if he can look for those kind of seats, if you like

Yes please that would be GREAT, any help is appreciated from you "lucky" RS6'ers with good seats :D

Thank you,

Kappe
November 16th, 2005, 15:06
Yes please that would be GREAT, any help is appreciated from you "lucky" RS6'ers with good seats :D

Thank you,

If you pay me enough I would steel the seats from my dads RS6 :D (with paying enough I mean RS4 money :p)

But I will see what I can do ;)

Benman
November 16th, 2005, 15:16
you "lucky" RS6'ers with good seats :D

Don't feel too bad Bajo, they had to pay more than us.:D

Ben:addict:

Kappe
November 16th, 2005, 15:44
Originally posted by Benman
Don't feel too bad Bajo, they had to pay more than us.:D

Yeah true.. Over here in the Netherlands cars are really expensive :( the new RS4 is gonna cost €125K.. thats like dunno 135K dollars?

same price what a stock RS6 costs over here.. RS6+ €150K stock.. :(

BBGT2
November 16th, 2005, 16:14
Holy cow, that is just nuts:vgrumpy:

STILL, we got crappy seats, crappy nav system ,WEHHHH.
I am not bitchin, (alot).

LOVE the cars, nothing else like it for me.

Dont know if I am willing to pay RS4 prices for seats though :D

Kappe
November 16th, 2005, 16:27
Holy cow, that is just nuts:vgrumpy:

STILL, we got crappy seats, crappy nav system ,WEHHHH.
I am not bitchin, (alot).

LOVE the cars, nothing else like it for me.

Dont know if I am willing to pay RS4 prices for seats though :D

Yeah I know It's nuts.. So next time your in amsterdam and you see a new audi/bmw/merc than you know the guy gots money :p

A car that is 50K in the us, costs like 80K over here. think round 60/70% more expensive (where screwed imo.. Thnx to Zalm)

mi021le
November 16th, 2005, 18:53
thats in my near future also bajo. :addict:

BBGT2
November 16th, 2005, 19:28
Hmmmm !

GROUP BUY ANYONE ?????

:MTM: :MTM: :MTM:

Hy Octane
November 16th, 2005, 19:41
Group buy? Count me IN!

gjg
November 16th, 2005, 22:54
is this it?

BBGT2
November 17th, 2005, 00:26
Yup, Thats what I am talkin about!

Bauer
November 17th, 2005, 01:30
I looked into getting the whole set when I first got my RS6... at the time, front and rears totaled around 7k I want to say. Too much, especially if I returned the car... as it stands now I may keep it as I am becomming very disappointed in the new S and RS models. So I maybe keeping the current car..... and if I do... seats maybe replaced as they are teh SUCK!!

SpinEcho
November 17th, 2005, 02:57
Originally posted by Bauer
as it stands now I may keep it as I am becomming very disappointed in the new S and RS models. So I maybe keeping the current car..... and if I do... seats maybe replaced as they are teh SUCK!!

I hear you. It seems that seats etc. are a minor gripe, but it's the principle of the thing - why are we going to get a watered down RS4 in N.A. without those fabulous winged seats and without the flat-bottomed steering wheel? These cars aren't the profit-makers for Audi - they are the showcases of what Audi can do, and they are aimed at enthusiasts, so they should quit selling them with the weenie package...:vgrumpy:

mi021le
November 17th, 2005, 03:25
agreed. i want roll up windows!

BBGT2
November 17th, 2005, 03:36
Can someone that can write in the Germanic language ask this guy on ebay.de if he will just sell the seats front and rear to someone like me in the US and for how much.

Artikelnummer: 8014760951

Thank's to whoever tries for me.

Kappe
November 17th, 2005, 08:22
Originally posted by SpinEcho
I hear you. It seems that seats etc. are a minor gripe, but it's the principle of the thing - why are we going to get a watered down RS4 in N.A. without those fabulous winged seats and without the flat-bottomed steering wheel? These cars aren't the profit-makers for Audi - they are the showcases of what Audi can do, and they are aimed at enthusiasts, so they should quit selling them with the weenie package...:vgrumpy:

They don't sell a weenie package over here th0 :confused: Only full option.. And you could add some tiny things to it.. But almost everything is standard.
Maybe it's the "good" relation with America? Or it's just that Audi marketing looked at the american cars and saw how crappy they are inside, so they put really nice seats in for american standards..

gjg
November 17th, 2005, 08:47
Maybe it's the "good" relation with America? Or it's just that Audi marketing looked at the american cars and saw how crappy they are inside, so they put really nice seats in for american standards..

some bright mind in AoA determined that American arse is much bigger that Dutch arse hence the seat difference .....

Now I firmly believe this is not just AoA, this is company wide issue as they have same IMHO idiotic thinking in other parts of the world ..... for example DVD NAV+ ends on Eastern German/Austrian border. You want to get updated map disc 6 moths after you got the car? No problem, 1.000 Euro fee. Than, and only then, you find out that the idiot who ordered the maps paid only for watered down MAIN roads (autobahns and some 1st class roads), cities with 100k and more inhabitants have 2-3 main streets on it and so on.

Isn't that wonderfull?

Benman
November 17th, 2005, 20:14
Originally posted by gjg
some bright mind in AoA determined that American arse is much bigger that Dutch arse hence the seat difference .....

:applause:
Actually guys, it's not such a bad thing we don't get those seats afterall.

I'll explain. As some of the members here know, I'm not the biggest guy in the world. At 5'10" and a slim build (158lbs), even my small stature is a tight fit in the optional "sport" seats offered in the all new RS 4. Now would I get them. Heck yeah! But again, I am 5'10" 158lbs. Not 6'+, 200lbs+. Trust me, if you are, you ain't getting in!

shimmy
November 17th, 2005, 20:48
:applause:

I'll explain. As some of the members here know, I'm not the biggest guy in the world. At 5'10" and a slim build (158lbs), even my small stature is a tight fit in the optional "sport" seats offered in the all new RS 4. Now would I get them. Heck yeah! But again, I am 5'10" 158lbs. Not 6'+, 200lbs+. Trust me, if you are, you ain't getting in!

i am not a bloater but tall and a good weight at 230 pounds (uk) and have no problem with the seats. They are spot on so unless you have specially made underpants coz you have the arse the size of the isle of wight (or hawaii) then you should be ok.

My wife has just told me that me saying that I am not a bloater is probably a lie!!! Glad I married her.

Benman
November 17th, 2005, 20:58
Originally posted by shimmy

My wife has just told me that me saying that I am not a bloater is probably a lie!!! Glad I married her.
:D
Seriously? You weight 230lbs and have no problem with the seats?!? Have far did you travel in them? Seriously, at 158 (and my ass is normal size BTW:D ) the seats were a snug fit. Sitting in them is one thing, but being in them for nearly two hours straight is another. After that much time you realize they are tight!

Maybe you have a really big beer belly? So the back side is small?:hahahehe:

SpinEcho
November 17th, 2005, 22:29
I'm glad to see you're all talking about sitting IN your seats. With the N.A. spec sh*tty seats, you sit ON the bloody seat (and feel like you'll slide out of the car at every corner!)

Audi made a big mistake and should have equipped the car with 14" wheels and 155 series tires so we couldn't corner as hard...

shimmy
November 17th, 2005, 22:49
:D
Seriously? You weight 230lbs and have no problem with the seats?!? Have far did you travel in them? Seriously, at 158 (and my ass is normal size BTW:D ) the seats were a snug fit. Sitting in them is one thing, but being in them for nearly two hours straight is another. After that much time you realize they are tight!

Maybe you have a really big beer belly? So the back side is small?:hahahehe:

id like to think my backside and beer belly are proportionately as large as each other.

come to think of it my head is extra large and weighs about 100 pounds so maybe the body is normal after all.

Damn my neck hurts though after a good hard drive.

:wo: :wo: :wo: :wo: :wo: :wo:

Benman
November 17th, 2005, 23:56

Damn my neck hurts though after a good hard drive.

:applause: :applause: :applause:
Dang, that is freakin hilarious! My uncle has a normal sized head, but he thinks it rather on the large side, so we all tease him and call him "Melon Head"! Now (after years of verbal abuse from us), he's developed a complex. He's a racecar driver on the side, and we tease him how hard it must be to keep his head up through all those high speed turns!!:applause:
:cheers:

JAXRS6
November 18th, 2005, 01:18
This is fun :D but it appears there is a dispute. I say the only way to settle it is for Benman and Shimmy to submit photographs of their arses. Then let the most computer-savvy guy here mix them up with a photoshop program and pix of the seats, and we'll vote on who fits what best!:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Benman
November 18th, 2005, 01:31
Originally posted by JAXRS6
This is fun :D but it appears there is a dispute. I say the only way to settle it is for Benman and Shimmy to submit photographs of their arses. Then let the most computer-savvy guy here mix them up with a photoshop program and pix of the seats, and we'll vote on who fits what best!:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Ok, Ok... now let's get back on topic QUICK!!! :D

BBGT2
November 18th, 2005, 03:22

Ben:addict: [/B]

Thank God I am only 6'00 and 185lbs phewww. Either way I am gonna get them somehow someway, a couple people like gjg and Qisha are helping me find some which is what makes this board different from other's in that people help each other or at least will try.
Thank you guys !:applause: :wo:

shimmy
November 18th, 2005, 07:53
Originally posted by JAXRS6

I take it from the change in topic that it won't be necessary for me to post a picture of my head and arse.

Probabaly a good decision!

Benman
November 18th, 2005, 14:58
I take it from the change in topic that it won't be necessary for me to post a picture of my head and arse.

Probabaly a good decision!
Might turn in to some kind of "weird" thread. :D

Bajo,

Remember, I was talking about the RS 4 "sport" seats, really only good for track work and not long trips. The seats you want (from European RS 6) are perfect even if you're well over 200lbs.

Just the RS 4 track seats are a tight fit, all other Euro Recaros are fine.:cheers:

BBGT2
November 18th, 2005, 21:48
Might turn in to some kind of "weird" thread. :D
Bajo,
Remember, I was talking about the RS 4 "sport" seats, really only good for track work and not long trips. The seats you want (from European RS 6) are perfect even if you're well over 200lbs.
Just the RS 4 track seats are a tight fit, all other Euro Recaros are fine.:cheers:
Ben:addict: :D

Like it hasnt already !!! I started about seats and we are talkin about how big our arse's are like we need reminding. Heheheheh! J/K

Ben,
You drove the RS6 in Europe what was your impression of them. My S8 had the Recaros and man they spoil you for ALL other seats including the ones in my GT2 which has the Porsche "sport" seats with wings.

Benman
November 18th, 2005, 22:06
Drove, and rode in (thanks George:bye: ). The Euro RS 6 Recaros are even better than the US S8 seats. You'll love em!:cheers:

gjg
November 19th, 2005, 08:12

Drove, and rode in (thanks George ).

is that in reference to:

The seats you want (from European RS 6) are perfect even if you're well over 200lbs.

uh uh

Kev.S
November 19th, 2005, 11:59
I'm with Shimmy on this one. I'm 250 ibs and 6'3" and I find the seats no problem at all. I've driven ffrom the North of England to Berlin in one go (over 12 hours) and didn't get backache.

s42ski
November 19th, 2005, 19:01
Interesting thread here - wanted to follow it as I owned a 94 S4 which had the Recaro's and I loved those seats. (BTW I am 6' 2" tall and about 200 lbs) I had many 6 hour drives to Mammoth ( ski resort North of Los Angeles) and had no problems with my back.

I was telling my kids to get away from the computer in case the thread turned X rated

I was hoping for more response on the group buy idea for US owners who wanted to swap out??

Is this a possibility ?

JAXRS6
November 19th, 2005, 19:30
Originally posted by s42ski
I was hoping for more response on the group buy idea for US owners who wanted to swap out??

Is this a possibility ?

I might be interested, but would have to overcome some issues first:

1) My back generally has been fine with the stock seats. I have had back problems in the past, tho, so would want to try out anything else before I bought it.

2) When I checked with my Florida dealer re prices, parts guy got back to me with message that if he got the Recaros, they would be about $3500 for each front seat ... if I recall correctly. He also said they would arrive as components, requiring dealer assembly, so there would be added cost for labor -- maybe substantial.

Sorry but that's just too pricey for me. If I could get both seats for $3K, everything included, maybe ... but, again, I would not order at all without being able to try them out first. [B]

mi021le
November 20th, 2005, 08:54
[i]I was hoping for more response on the group buy idea for US owners who wanted to swap out??

Is this a possibility ? [/B]

100% as long as it happens. but they have to have the rs6 logo. i want to get the seats anyway.

Benman
November 21st, 2005, 15:33
Originally posted by gjg
is that in reference to:

Nah, of course not. You're like, 180, 185lbs, right?

Benman
November 21st, 2005, 15:33
Originally posted by s42ski

I was telling my kids to get away from the computer in case the thread turned X rated

Well good thing I didn't post my butt!:D