PDA

View Full Version : "Driving country clubs" evolve in US

JAXRS6
November 11th, 2005, 08:13
Article is from Forbes magazine. Has anyone here tried one of these places?

http://www.forbesautos.com/news/headlines/2005/november/fadc110105-raceclub.html

Benman
November 11th, 2005, 15:29
Never tried one, but have been reading about them in several mags. A cool concept but a little pricey for my blood.:thumb:

Ben:addict:

SoCal
November 16th, 2005, 08:27
At the Audi Club Spring Mtn track event earlier this year in beautiful Pahrump, NV there was a very friendly guy (name might have been Mark, but I don't recall for sure) who was joining the new Autobahn Club near Chicago. He had a silver GT3 Clubsport (German version) that he'd just picked up in LA and was driving back to the Midwest. (We ran together for a while on I-15 on the way up, just by coincidence; I can't say that I had the wherewithall or the temerity to keep up with him crossing Death Valley, though, even in my Beast.) :incar: Very good driver.

I remember his enthusiasm for the new "country club". Sounds like, if you are luck enough to have the $$$ to join one and live in the right place, they would allow for more track time more often, and maybe some nice socializing, too. If only land near cities in California weren't so expensive.... I'd bet there would be plenty of demand.

Benman
November 16th, 2005, 15:04
Originally posted by SoCal
If only land near cities in California weren't so expensive.... I'd bet there would be plenty of demand.
Amen. Land here is far too expensive for a "club".

Ben:addict: