PDA

View Full Version : ABS / ESP Error

Thilo
November 8th, 2005, 12:04
Hi guys

2 weeks ago the ABS and ESP warning lights indicated that both systems are off. So i went to the garage, there they changed a little peace unter the gas or brake pedal :confused: which is also responsible to tell the (only know the german word "tempomat") to turn off when you brake.

The part was quite cheap 10 Euros.
:0:

Today, same happened again. Both lights are on, ESP and ABS.

Some times i think these garage guys just change some part even if they have no clue what i could be, just to make the customer feel they found the error.

Does anybody know what causes this error :vhmmm: :vhmmm:

Greetings from Switzerland
Thilo :vgrumpy:

Benman
November 8th, 2005, 15:35
Originally posted by Thilo

Does anybody know what causes this error :vhmmm: :vhmmm:

No clue as to what causes it, but had the ESP and ABS lights come on my Beast. It lasted for a couple of hours and then (just like my ignition problem) went away on it's own. Very weird?

That said, my Beast has developed a small oil and tran leak and the new parts are being ordered.

Ben:addict:

RS6-dreamer
November 8th, 2005, 18:55
Hello,

I had the same problem with an audi A6, at the diagnose following errorcode: no communication ECU ABS and ECU engine.

After couple of hours test and messures, we were sure it was the ABS-unit. The part is ordered and changed (three weeks ago), every thing is ok now.

On this car (Audi A6) was the part-n°: 8E0614111AJ

I hope this information helps you?

Greetz from Belgium.

:mech:

GmbHouse
November 16th, 2005, 23:25
Mine just did the same thing, came on until I started the car again and then the lights were off.

Code_2025
November 16th, 2005, 23:43
:vhmmm:
probably just a technical hitch...I had these probs too...and yeah it did go away on its own..:hihi:
:s4addict:

Thilo
November 19th, 2005, 17:22
It's gone :360: :360:

At least for the moment. No more ABS / ESP errors. Like Benman wrote, it showed up and disapeared. I hope this bug is really gone.

Funny was, that the guy at my Audi garage asked me if i am happy with the car. I told him, that i never had any problems and his face looked like :eye: :eye: !!!!

After telling him that my car works fine, he was really interested in the car. That makes me feel that most RS6 are not working properly, what i personally can't believe.

Anyway the problem is gone and i'm happy :wo:

Regards from f....ng cold Switzerland
Thilo

Skaala
November 19th, 2005, 18:30
I had the same problem on my A8. I had to change one of the ABS sensors I was told. It was a $50 part.

Klint
November 20th, 2005, 11:12
Skitso car. :hihi:

Try dissconnecting the battery for a few minutes to manually reset these units?

Kev.S
November 20th, 2005, 11:40
Had a similar problem with the S6 I used to own. Turned out to be the air mass sensor and that was a very expensive repair. The job cost £400, but Audi coughed up half as the car was only 6 months out of warranty.

Benman
November 21st, 2005, 15:51
Originally posted by Thilo
It's gone :360: :360:

At least for the moment. No more ABS / ESP errors. Like Benman wrote, it showed up and disapeared. I hope this bug is really gone.

Thilo
Isn't it wierd? To "fix" itself? I also hope it really is gone for good!

Ben:addict: