PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Vs M5

J.Seven
November 11th, 2002, 14:18
From the latest car magazines Iīve read, the M5 was always faster to reach 200Kph, although to reach 100Kph the RS6 manage to be faster. With 50Hp more the RS6 should be at least 1 sec faster to 200Kph. With Mercedes having the new AMG E with 475Hp and the 2003 M5 having "rumored" 500Hp, the RS6 will be toasted by his worst enemies. Iīm a bit disappointed with the RS6 performance.

J.Seven

Erik
November 11th, 2002, 15:18
The new MBs E55 and S600 are quite fast indeed.

The RS6 has its quattro drivetrain to carry, which is an disadvantage once you get to higher speeds.

What is nice to have sometimes is a burden the next time.

But unless you go for an Alpina B10 Touring none in the competition offers an Avant for the :RSAvant:

I think we will see some very fast RS6 cars once the tuners get beyond stage I. :MTM:

Of course we're no longer comparing stock vs. stock but anyhow.

J.Seven
November 11th, 2002, 15:46
I really like turbo engines over the atmospheric, but those highly modified RS4 didnīt had time to proof their reliability. A 2.7Liter engine making 450 + Hp is quite something, and only after several miles of abuse we can say that indeed those tuned engines are reliable, which I donīt think they are. If I had a RS6, for sure I would chip it, but I would know the reliability wouldnīt be the same anymore. Several tuned S4 were in shop some miles after the upgrade, so this mean something.

Iīve already driven an M5, and it didnīt impressed me that much in terms of power. It pulls strong, but donīt have that turbo kick that I love, itīs just to smooth on the way it delivers the power.

J.Seven

Erik
November 11th, 2002, 15:54
In sport auto 11/02 there is an article about long testing ther RS4, not chipped however.
Will scan it any second and make it available in the RS4 section.

It actually goes faster with time :bigeyes:

J.Seven
November 11th, 2002, 16:15
Iīve this article with me. Itīs a yellow car making some 0,3 sec faster till 200Kph after 100.000 Kilometers long term test. But has you said, this is a stock engine, tested by Audi to the limit having in mind all kind of driving abuse. The tuners donīt make this with their hogjly tuned engines. Anyway itīs good to know the power is up after 100.000Km.

J.Seven

kye
November 12th, 2002, 10:35
Originally posted by J.Seven
From the latest car magazines Iīve read, the M5 was always faster to reach 200Kph, although to reach 100Kph the RS6 manage to be faster.
J.Seven
as the rs6 is a turbo engine the testresults depends on airtemperatur.