PDA

View Full Version : Oh no! Does it ever end?

jim kelly
November 2nd, 2005, 03:48
For those of you who may for some odd reason be following my saga of the apparently lemon Avant and AUDI-OZ & Dealer dramas - an update.
Sat. 22nd Oct. Left home with Avant fully loaded up with Thule roof box and all necessary for a driving holiday to South Australia's wine regions with a planned 1,000Km first day drive. Got 7Km to start of Sydney cross city M5 expressway tunnel and alternator light flashed once then gave out - Battery lasted long enough to get me onto off-ramp.
Spent 1.5 hours directing peak Sat morning traffic around my road block (main abuse was "Where's your hazzard lights dickhead?" - tricky I felt with no electricity whatsoever available).
Got towed eventually to 3rd dealer the car has seen so far, sent wife home to retrieve her Subaru Forester GT wagon and we transerred everthing to it. It then made the 4,000Km round trip in 9 days without a single mishap! Makes you wonder.
The RS6 is now my officially least reliable ride in 80+ cars I've owned. Dealers and AUDI-OZ have collectively had this car for 15+ weeks (in 18mo. life) covering faults perviously posted plus this new trick with the Alternator/battery.
So, tomorrow a meeting with CEO & Chief Service dude to discuss their buyback of what is clearly a factory lemon.

Summary of my driving an RS6:
-Goes like hell!
-Handles like a dream!
-Stops (with peforated discs off RS6+) on the dot!
-But as unreliable as a politician.
A great history for an 18mo old car with less than 20K cliks on the clock.
This means I may not be a member for much longer.
Maybe there's an E55AMG Wagon website??
Oh, and by the way, - yes this dealer managed to damage the car whilst they had it just like the other 2 did - it's an AUDI dealer talent - I wonder if they train for it?

Aronis
November 2nd, 2005, 16:24
Ouch....sorry to hear all that .....

My wife has a subaru too.....Tribeca!!!

Good luck...

Mike:addict:

gjg
November 2nd, 2005, 20:03
Oh, and by the way, - yes this dealer managed to damage the car whilst they had it just like the other 2 did - it's an AUDI dealer talent - I wonder if they train for it?

yeah, they must be factory trained .... my first rs6 got totaled while in for service with 6 weeks of ownership and 7500 km on the clock ..... :vgrumpy:

Benman
November 2nd, 2005, 23:06
Originally posted by jim kelly

-But as unreliable as a politician.

This means I may not be a member for much longer.

Well Jim,

I'm really sorry to hear your story, it is a sucky one for sure. HyOctane (Paul) has also had never ending sorrow with his Beast as well, even more so than Jax.

Hopefully both of you will be compensated adequately. Best motoring in the future and hope you stick around despite selling the :addict:

Ben:addict: