PDA

View Full Version : what do you think about Q7 ?

roozbeh007
October 31st, 2005, 07:13
I really do like the look of Q7. but why so late? I mean audi is the one who started the whole all wheel drive thing. and now they are the last car manufacture on earth building a SUV. plus because of high gas prices, it's the worst time for anyone to buy a SUV anyway. I don't think the current generation Q7 is going to be a success

gjg
October 31st, 2005, 07:48
it would be a great success if AoA would bring diesel versions to US - with the gas mileage you get out of those engines with the torque .....

The new 3 liter V6 diesel they put in Toureg you get somewhete around 25-30 mpg with 2.5 ton SUV.

Erik
October 31st, 2005, 08:17
The Q7 is better in reality than in pics IMO.

rheudabaga
October 31st, 2005, 22:23
I hope that's true, Erik, that it looks better in person. The dimensions don't seem to translate well to pix. My wife is going to need a serious people hauler next year and she's in love with the LR3. I'm desperately trying to get her hooked on the Q7, but I think my only hope is to wait until next year for a test drive and walk-around.

The LR3 is a handsome vehicle, but I suspect that the driving characteristics stink. Mind you, I haven't driven it yet, but I have been in several Discovery's and they were horrible to drive.

roadrunner
October 31st, 2005, 22:26
Originally posted by Erik
The Q7 is better in reality than in pics IMO.

I agree to that - having seen them in Frankfurt. The colour choice will be important too. I would prefer darker colours.

Greets
Seb.

Toto89
November 5th, 2005, 22:21
I saw the Q7 last saturday,because the official Hungarian premier of the car will be in March but there was an exclusive premier of the Q7 in one of the theatres in Budapest for only VIP guests (and they invite me as well:thumb: )and after the production there was a show with Hungarian TV stars who presented the car.It was beautiful but unfortunatelly we couldn't go near,the show was only 20 minutes :(
My Audi dealer sent us the tickets to the theatre because in my city my father is his biggest buyer.(because i am only 16:hahahehe: )

gjg
November 6th, 2005, 18:47
Is it going to be built on same line as Towrag and Cayenne?

roozbeh007
November 6th, 2005, 18:55
yes!

Code_2025
November 10th, 2005, 00:10
Originally posted by roozbeh007
I really do like the look of Q7. but why so late? I mean audi is the one who started the whole all wheel drive thing. and now they are the last car manufacture on earth building a SUV. plus because of high gas prices, it's the worst time for anyone to buy a SUV anyway. I don't think the current generation Q7 is going to be a success

I wonder how long will these fuel price would hike for....current estimates are that we might run out of global supply in next 20yrs...this is a scary thought...I was interested in a new car but recently have decided not to get one..fuel prices are soaring here like crazy...there was a time when we would know the fuel price but now it rises so much and so often that the new prices are at times a blurr..Its almost $1.83 per litre at the moment and predictions are that by end of november it would cost 2 bucks..I wonder if we have to resort to bikes in times to come...but I guess no matter how much it rises, we would find a way of digging deeper...

:s4addict:

rheudabaga
November 10th, 2005, 01:18
Originally posted by Code_2025
...current estimates are that we might run out of global supply in next 20yrs...this is a scary thought...

No. It's not a scary thought, it's an inaccurate thought.:nono:

I'm all for finding clean, alternative fuels, but such Malthusian BS has been thoroughly discredited.

Code_2025
November 10th, 2005, 22:11
Originally posted by rheudabaga
No. It's not a scary thought, it's an inaccurate thought.:nono:

I'm all for finding clean, alternative fuels, but such Malthusian BS has been thoroughly discredited.

You might be right bro....but I wonder how close we are in getting the alternative fuel which would have the same or better combustion power as the normal petroleum....I once proposed in the synthesis of fuel from water for my masters degree but the only draw back was that my equations and calculations disproved rules of theromodynamics...the synthetic role was perfect and there was even total energy output....I was later advised to make this as a post PhD project..as it might take more than the MAsters degree time frame..

cheers
:cheers:

rheudabaga
November 10th, 2005, 22:22
Originally posted by Code_2025
You might be right bro....but I wonder how close we are in getting the alternative fuel which would have the same or better combustion power as the normal petroleum...

not close enough to that. you'd think with all the brillint minds (like your own noggin, presumeably!) working on alternative sources of energy that we'd be further along. alas, i have faith that we'll figure something out before the petroleum gets entirely depleted or we completely devastate the environment. i guess i have more faith in the former than the latter...

in the meantime, bring on the Q7!

:thumb:

Code_2025
November 10th, 2005, 22:54
:cheers: