PDA

View Full Version : Back on the road soon

buzz
October 30th, 2005, 22:52
Hi All,

I thought I'll keep you updated, my dealer today received all parts for my Car (Accident in Sept.) Here are some pictures of progress and the parts. Can't wait to drive it again.

buzz:rs6kiss:

buzz
October 30th, 2005, 22:55
Titanium wheels:D

buzz
October 30th, 2005, 22:57
door

buzz
October 30th, 2005, 23:03
More

buzz
October 30th, 2005, 23:06
Front Inside Grille

buzz
October 30th, 2005, 23:09
Rear Suspension removed

buzz
October 30th, 2005, 23:11
New Suspension Mount (if I'm correct)!

buzz
October 30th, 2005, 23:15
And much more. :confused:

BBGT2
October 31st, 2005, 04:08
"New Suspension Mount (if I'm correct)!"

Dang it that's the whole subframe that holds the engine. Good luck and God speed getting her back to the road. I bet you miss her.

Bajo :addict:

Erik
October 31st, 2005, 07:18
Wow, that's a lot of parts.

I hope you'll get it back better than new.

:addict:

Klint
October 31st, 2005, 09:04
Wooo! Doesn't look goot by all the parts. Looks like the rear axle has been removed. :confused:

Have any more pictures from the crash/car damage?

Ruergard
October 31st, 2005, 09:32
Alot of parts... !:eek: I hope the repairs goes smooth and well so that you soon can fe out on the road with the beast again!

buzz
October 31st, 2005, 13:59
Many Thanks guys for your kind words the pictures in the accidents have been posted here before on the forum. what we attempted to do is to change any part we have doubt in. the subframe both rear and front are in good shape but I opted to get new ones so that the car gets back to its original condition.

Klint: here's the front end of the car after the crash.

Buzz:rs6kiss:

buzz
October 31st, 2005, 14:02
Originally posted by Klint
Wooo! Doesn't look goot by all the parts. Looks like the rear axle has been removed. :confused:

Have any more pictures from the crash/car damage?

Klint. here is why we removed the rear axle and subframe.

buzz
October 31st, 2005, 14:05
and another

Benman
October 31st, 2005, 15:43
Good luck Buzz, a big hit, so it will take some time to finish. But here's wishing for a speedy return.:thumb:

Ben:addict:

jonas_dg
October 31st, 2005, 16:02
damn, gl with the repairs
those arab license plates look cool btw :)

Aronis
November 1st, 2005, 17:03
I look forward to hearing your Driving Impressions after such an extensive repair.

best of luck!

Mike

buzz
November 1st, 2005, 18:02
Thanks again guys. The dealer confirmed that there was no damage to the chassis of the car, which is a good sign. As for all these parts, I have requested that all damaged parts and related items be changed and not repaired. I am confident that the car will be as good as new.

Buzz:rs6kiss:

s42ski
November 2nd, 2005, 00:32
Buzz, just a comment from the picture, it looks like the brake calipers are hanging from the high pressure hoses, from my past life as a mechanic this is not good. The strain on the hose can cause premature failure later in the cars life. I would have them replace all the brake flex lines prior to accepting the car back - or at least the back lines if that was all that was worked on.

BTW - if the lines do fail they tend to leak, so it is not a sudden loss of all brake capability, more of jsut a softer and softer pedal and the brake fluid going down fast.

buzz
November 2nd, 2005, 12:46
Thanks S42ski,

I will have them replaced. The front left side of the car ( fender) took the most hit, the engine and the gearbox are in top condition, the front left brake caliper plus disk will be changed. I will definately talk to the dealer about replacing the hoses.

Aronis
November 2nd, 2005, 16:15
Great point, the manual specifically mentions NOT hanging the caliper during brake pad replacement for this very reason!

You cought it all on Film (or digits)

Mike

Originally posted by s42ski
Buzz, just a comment from the picture, it looks like the brake calipers are hanging from the high pressure hoses, from my past life as a mechanic this is not good. The strain on the hose can cause premature failure later in the cars life. I would have them replace all the brake flex lines prior to accepting the car back - or at least the back lines if that was all that was worked on.

BTW - if the lines do fail they tend to leak, so it is not a sudden loss of all brake capability, more of jsut a softer and softer pedal and the brake fluid going down fast.

Code_2025
November 3rd, 2005, 22:35
Buzz all the best dude...Its a good thing that you are replacing all the parts that you have doubts about..I am sure the beast would be as good as new once the repairs are done....if possible post pics after the repair..

All the best.

:thumb:

:s4addict:

buzz
November 4th, 2005, 15:21
Originally posted by Code_2025
Buzz all the best dude...Its a good thing that you are replacing all the parts that you have doubts about..I am sure the beast would be as good as new once the repairs are done....if possible post pics after the repair..

All the best.

:thumb:

:s4addict:

Hey Code,

Thanks man, I will keep you all posted :thumb:

buzz:rs6kiss: