PDA

View Full Version : What Chip Mod to buy? And Need more air?

oce
October 29th, 2005, 03:20
Ok,

Right now, my RS6 is stock. I was thinking about getting the APR chip upgrade, there is a APR dealer nearby. Talked to the guys at APR, and they seem pretty confident in the chip.

Any thoughts? I know that there are several options out there? In addition, when I get the chip, what other mods are necessary to make sure I dont choke the car on the new output?

When the weather got warm, I noticed that the RS6 started hesitating on pedal to the floor acceleration. Once it hit around 4k rpm and above. It caused jerkiness in the accel, every so slightly, but noticeable to me. Almost like it either trying to breath, or getting choked at exhaust.

Audi checked it out, changed on of the Mass Airflow Sensors and gave it a clean bill. It drove well for a couple days, but then started back. Now I've got 60 degree days and it still does this?

Filters look good, Audi checks everything else out.. what could it be? I need something to suggest to the tech at my local dealership, he says computer reads fine.. but it just doesnt seem to drive the same.

Also, there is that sweet hot smell coming form the engine after I drive it hard.. but it actually kind of smells like coolant burning off? Do your RS6's have that hot semi-sweet smell? There is no noticeable leaks or marks on the pavement.