PDA

View Full Version : New RS6

M3 owner
October 28th, 2005, 23:05
From GCF:

http://www.germancarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/spyphotoid/6051028.001

On a side note,my father has been rushed in2 hospital,he has had a triple bipass operation.I just want to thank u guys here & on the S4 board,reading ur conversations help me take my mind of my father.Thnx allot guys & please keep typing.

Best regards
M3 Owner

BBGT2
October 29th, 2005, 00:34
All the best to your father, quick recovery and good health. My father went thru a 5 bypass surgery so I know what you are going thru and dont worry he will be fine and on his feet the day after the surgery.

Thanks for the pic, I dont however think that is the RS6 but a S6 model, at least I hope its not an RS6 as the side lower intakes are closed which means no intercooler's either that or its going to be NA, which means it stinks. RS models should be force fed.

Bajo:addict:

Benman
October 29th, 2005, 00:53
Originally posted by Bajors6

Thanks for the pic, I dont however think that is the RS6 but a S6 model...
Bajo:addict:
I'm with Bajo, maybe S6.

Best to you and your father and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Ben:addict:

54m
October 30th, 2005, 15:08
what i wanna know is what is the rpm range going to be my 2.4 got 6,700rpm max and going it's to be a v8 or v10 :hahahehe:

sam:addict:

Erik
October 30th, 2005, 16:45
All the best for your father :heart:

buyalemon
October 30th, 2005, 19:57
up to 600 bhp? ..sounds a little "overkill" ..I'd guess 550 max!

54m
October 30th, 2005, 21:49
hope your father will make a quick recover

sam

Rosenrot
October 31st, 2005, 15:37
I thought that was the new Audi le mans or rs9?

Hy Octane
October 31st, 2005, 20:01
Interesting to note that it says they havent yet been given the go-ahead to even build the next RS6...Hmmmm...:confused:

Qisha
October 31st, 2005, 20:08
it says they havent yet been given the go-ahead to even build the next RS6...

Well, the "go" has allready been given... and Production of the RS6 II will start: KW22/2007 (28.05.2007). :D

Bauer
November 1st, 2005, 01:37
M3 Owner,

I wish your father a speedy recovery.

As for the RS6 part II, if it is not turbo charged I will most likely not be getting it ... I love the turbos and Audi's is really pussing out IMO. They are getting away from their heritage of force induction that dates back to the Auto Union cars. A real shame.... they are using the guise of "true sports cars are NA" to avoid possible warranty claims of turbo charged cars. In truth Audi (in most cases) has no one to blame but themselves for warranty claims. Had the S4 had KO4's out the gate and a better Throttle Body (S4) they would not have had nearly the problems they did. I very, very rarely hear of an S4/RS4/RS6 have a KO4 problem. Poor engineering gave them most of their problems.... people will say but tuners "chipped" the cars.... well how many chipped cars have blow KO4's... very very few.

I don't get it, they build a stock block that can handle well north of 450 crank hp (S4) and cheap out with KO3... really how much more is a KO4... 50 bucks??

Sorry for the rant.... but I feel Audi is loosing its way with the RS cars.

Benman
November 1st, 2005, 15:23
Originally posted by Bauer

As for the RS6 part II, if it is not turbo charged I will most likely not be getting it ... I love the turbos and Audi's is really pussing out IMO.

I don't get it, they build a stock block that can handle well north of 450 crank hp (S4) and cheap out with KO3... really how much more is a KO4... 50 bucks??

Sorry for the rant.... but I feel Audi is loosing its way with the RS cars.
Agreed. A lot of folk (Nordschleife included) prefer NA, me, not so much. Like Bauer I LOVE the feel and sound of a TT motor.

The new RS 4 is great but I really, really wanted it to be TT.

I also am not interested in a new RS 6 if it's NA, I'll stick with my 03' :addict:

SpinEcho
November 2nd, 2005, 00:20
Well, I guess Audi's in a bit of a bind. The automotive press keeps telling them they need to get rid of understeer, that NA makes a better driver's car etc. And BMW continues to command better sales and more cachet, despite beating all of their cars with an ugly club.

So Audi responds, with NA, different Quattro torque split, and ugly grilles and taillights.

Does it really matter what the enthusiasts on this forum think? Probably not - we form a minority of Audi's customer base, just as true car enthusiasts are in the minority compared to badge snobs when it comes to BMW's customer base.

And in the end, it's all about sales and the almighty $.

rks838
November 2nd, 2005, 03:50
I think Spin Echo has got that right. Audi's gotta do what makes them money, or what they think will make them money, even if it leaves some dedicated customers in the dust. Make that face down in the dirt :rolleyes:. But it's still got the unique qualities that make it an Audi, and maybe more importantly, it does not have the (not so) unique qualities that make BMWs and Mercedes BMWs and Mercedes.

audirs6sport
November 2nd, 2005, 10:04
No Turbo??? NO GO!!!! :(

Aronis
November 2nd, 2005, 16:21
The bottom line is which engine type will win at the races!

If they cannot successfully race a tt engine then that may effect their decision.

I don't think the RS6 was built with us in mind, but rather racing.....

Mike

Benman
November 2nd, 2005, 17:17
Originally posted by Aronis
The bottom line is which engine type will win at the races!

Mike
Well, since they have been racing successfully for more than twenty years with Turbo motors, than why stop giving us, the customer the Turbo motors?:vhmmm:

I WANT TURBO!

Aronis
November 2nd, 2005, 18:13
I agree, but they are attempting with the RS4 with newer methods of increasing Hp per liter......

In fact the Twincharger method (turbo and supercharger) would be VERY interesting if added to a RS4 like engine......

No Replacement for Displacement....not necessarily.......

Twincharger V8 with direct injection and indirect injection, etc....through all the tech into one engine....:)

Mike

Mr Balsen
November 6th, 2005, 12:07
Good recovery to your father.

My eyes were at Ingolstadt last few days and they told me the car is not an RS6. It is an A6 4,2l tiptronic with special axles and large tires....

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic