PDA

View Full Version : Left Stranded

CornersWell
October 26th, 2005, 13:37
Well, folks, the unthinkable happened. My dealer has "lost" their RS6 tech. More accurately, they "moved" him to their Porsche dealership without having a replacement lined up. I've been waiting for several weeks for them to figure this situation out as I can't get any service done until they have a new tech.

I'm talking to another dealer, but he's not nearly as convenient and he doesn't offer daily loaners (whereas my current dealer does).

Sometimes, these knuckleheads are so ... knuckleheaded!

Thoughts?

CW

Benman
October 26th, 2005, 15:46
Corners,

Well, that BLOWS! Been actually thinking about the same thing myself. In that situation, I would decide on changing dealers if the second was close enough.

How close is your "back up" dealer?

As for the loaners car, when my first dealer was bought by a new company, they stopped with the Audi loaners and gave out Enterprise Ford rentals. No thanks. I thought it would be a bigger deal, but in the end, the Audi loaner wasn't exactly a A8, know what I mean?

If your dealer is now giving you sweet loaners like an A8, 4.2 A6, or S4, then I'd say maybe stick with them. If they're giving you base model Ford rentals, then jump ship and change dealers.

Just my $.01

Ben:addict:

96a4
October 27th, 2005, 14:12
I work at Criswell Audi in Annapolis MD and we have one of the best RS6 techs on the east coast. Give me a shout if you wanna stop by. We do give out Audi loaners for those people that ask for them. Our A8 customers get an A6 and we have A3's & A4's for the rest of our customers, we only have like 16 loaner cars so if we need more we go to Next Car rentals and the give us cars like Mini's, Bens, Nissan's, Infinty's & Audi's.

oce
October 29th, 2005, 03:28
Originally posted by 96a4
I work at Criswell Audi in Annapolis MD and we have one of the best RS6 techs on the east coast. Give me a shout if you wanna stop by. We do give out Audi loaners for those people that ask for them. Our A8 customers get an A6 and we have A3's & A4's for the rest of our customers, we only have like 16 loaner cars so if we need more we go to Next Car rentals and the give us cars like Mini's, Bens, Nissan's, Infinty's & Audi's.

I may need to drive up to see you guys. I am losing confidence in my local dealer (audi of charlotte). My RS6 is acting strange... not sure if its normal or not... actually, the original owner was from MD, perhaps you sold or worked on this one.

heres the thread....

http://www2.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?&threadid=7663

rks838
October 31st, 2005, 20:14
CornersWell, can I safely guess that the dealer you are talking about is the only Audi/Porsche dealer in the area? Maybe, oh, on Rockville Pike? In searching for an RS6 to buy, I found everything they did mediocre. I would also recommend against HBL of Tysons, because they took me for an idiot and valued my other Audi at a full $5000 below market price. Audi of Alexandria, while relatively small, has worked well for me. I've heard good stuff about Criswell in Annapolis, too. And for anybody in Pennsylvania, the dealer I bought my RS6 from, Knopf Audi, was just great.

CornersWell
November 1st, 2005, 13:07
My closest dealer, the one that moved their RS6 tech, is Audi of Alexandria. Generally, I've been pleased with their work. I have an appointment on Thursday to have the service work done at HBL, and I will give them a shot. BUT, I've dealt with HBL for years (MBs, Audis, Range Rovers and Porsches). I've had good and bad experiences, but this is a relatively minor service (25,000mi) with some minor problems (bad blinker relay and OnStar red light). Still, Audi of Alexandria hasn't lined up a replacement tech. So, they left several RS6 owners stranded.

When I originally called HBL's service department, they told me they had no loaners. Only rentals. However, when I spoke with the service rep, he indicated he'd provide the rental to me. So, other than the distance, I shouldn't be inconvenienced much.

As for coming out to Criswell, thanks for the offer. It's a little farther than I want to go, but we'll see how HBL does. Maybe I'll be hanging out at Metropolitan soon?!

Thanks,

CW

96a4
November 1st, 2005, 13:20
It is up to you. We are always here.