PDA

View Full Version : Benman's not going to like me very much:^)

Bauer
October 23rd, 2005, 06:25
Well,

I am not one for doing drag racing on public roads but I was at a bbq today in an area that had a lot of new homes being built. There was an area that had no homes built but the streets were in.

Anyway, mostly S4's and A4 1.8T's at the bbq, but a guy in a 996 tt with GIAC's software came. Guy owned a tuning shop in Sacramento and is trying to get into the Audi market and thought it was a good place to meet potential customers.

He was giving someone a ride in his 996 tt and the guy who had the bbq was going out with another person to use Lemmiwinks to try and figure out his software problem.

Yellow S4 and I pull up a stop sign and the guy in the passanger seat calls it. Mind you this road is two wide, straight, flat and in the middle of nowhere. I would guess the safest place to do this kind of stupid stuff and this was my first time and probably last time doing something like this. Anyway, pull on the stage 3 S4 pretty easy, but it was to be expected because of his tuning problems.

Then got to the next stop sign and the 996 tt pulled up next to me... we roll though the stop sign (agian nothing around). We hit it and I pull on him to 4th gear and then shut it down... I was kind of shocked but happy. I look behind me and the two guys in the other S4 are yelling and have their hands out the sunroof and windows waiving around..... pretty fun and very suprising.

Anyway, I don't condone this type of thing and felt giving the conditions and where we were, there was a fairly low risk... but I don't think I will ever be doing this again... I prefer the track.

Now why Benman won't like me.... this will just add to his desire to get a B5 S4 and mod the hell out of it... he is holding me personally responsible if he ends up doing this and I am sure this will not help:hahahehe:

Benman
March 4th, 2006, 00:06
Originally posted by Bauer

Now why Benman won't like me.... this will just add to his desire to get a B5 S4 and mod the hell out of it... he is holding me personally responsible if he ends up doing this and I am sure this will not help:hahahehe:

Well, call yourself a prophet my friend, because I'm pretty darn mad as I'll be picking up a S4 in the next few weeks! Curse your hide Bauer...curse your stinkin hide...

:trash:
Ben:addict:

SoCal
March 4th, 2006, 07:11
Originally posted by Benman
Well, call yourself a prophet my friend, because I'm pretty darn mad as I'll be picking up a S4 in the next few weeks! Curse your hide Bauer...curse your stinkin hide...

:trash:
Hey Ben, seriously? Keeping the Beast and modding the S4 I hope. Sounds like fun.

I saw a gray RS6 today in LA near the Farmers Market with no plates. Tell me it wasn't yours.

Benman
March 6th, 2006, 15:58
Originally posted by SoCal
Hey Ben, seriously? Keeping the Beast and modding the S4 I hope. Sounds like fun.

I saw a gray RS6 today in LA near the Farmers Market with no plates. Tell me it wasn't yours.

Yep, there is no possible way I could part with my Beast! Only two possible things would ever temp me to sell.

One: If, like HyOctane and Aronis, I experienced constant problems.

Two: Big accident

Other than those two things, I'll have the car forever.

So yeah, getting a used 00' or 01' S4 and using that for track duties. Will have to stay stock for awhile, but over time as I save up some dough, I'll go the Stassis route (Darn you Bauer:p ).

No, sure wasn't me in LA that day. Haven't been in LA since the Auto Show. Cool to hear I'm not the only plateless Daytona Grey though! Now I can deny any accusations!:hihi: (it wasn't me... it was the LA guy!:thumb: ).

tailpipe
March 6th, 2006, 16:09

Benman,

Audi is about to put the new standard 4.2 litre FSI V-8 developing 350 bhp into the S4 - if they haven't already done so for US cars. This is pretty much the same engine in the Q7 and is replacing the current engine in order to meet new emissions regulations. I very much hope your car will have this engine, because it is more economical than existing S4 engine and much more refined with excellent torque. in other words it's 8/10ths an RS4.

N

Benman
March 6th, 2006, 16:29
Originally posted by tailpipe
Benman,

Audi is about to put the new standard 4.2 litre FSI V-8 developing 350 bhp into the S4 - if they haven't already done so for US cars. This is pretty much the same engine in the Q7 and is replacing the current engine in order to meet new emissions regulations. I very much hope your car will have this engine, because it is more economical than existing S4 engine and much more refined with excellent torque. in other words it's 8/10ths an RS4.

N

Tailpipe,

No my friend, I'm going the used B5 S4 route (sorry if not clearer). I can score one for the $14-$15K range (awesome price in my opinion), and then, when $$$ becomes available, mod the crap out of it. it will be 90% track car, so not overly concerned with fuel economy.:thumb:

Goldorak
March 6th, 2006, 16:36
Why get a 3800 lbs tank as a designated track car? Don't get me wrong I like the S4 but its excellence seems to reside in its versatility, track temperament isn't exactly its strong suit.

Personally I'd go with a Lotus Elise or preferably the new Exige. Under 2000 lbs, mid engined, great handling. You could probably even find a track only non federalized used one.

Just a newbie's two cents. ;)

Benman
March 6th, 2006, 17:09
Originally posted by Goldorak
Why get a 3800 lbs tank as a designated track car? Don't get me wrong I like the S4 but its excellence seems to reside in its versatility, track temperament isn't exactly its strong suit.

Personally I'd go with a Lotus Elise or preferably the new Exige. Under 2000 lbs, mid engined, great handling. You could probably even find a track only non federalized used one.

Just a newbie's two cents. ;)

Hello Goldorak,

Long answer:

The B5 S4 is the potential king of Audis. Some put down 550hp+ Cray stuff. BTW, the 00' model has a dry weight of 3600lbs, 01': 3700lbs. So yeah, a little porky, but I've seen some that can acually put a hurting on Lotus Elises with enough mods. and remember, the B5 S4 I'm looking at is in the $14K range, try saying that about an Elise.:p With all mods, I'd still be less than a new Elise. I, like Bauer, like the idea of a 4 door Audi puttin it to the sports cars. Something nice about that.:thumb:

Short answer:

Cause I like Audis.:applause:

AndyBG
March 6th, 2006, 17:14
B5 S4, all the way!

Ben,

are you going to ''strip'' it to the metal in order to save weight?

Benman
March 6th, 2006, 17:32
Originally posted by AndyBG
B5 S4, all the way!

Ben,

are you going to ''strip'' it to the metal in order to save weight?
Nah, I doubt I'll get that serious. In fact, I should restate what I incorrectly posted earlier. The S4 will not be a 90% track car. More realisticly, it will be 60/40 track/street, so I want to keep it reasonably comfortable, i.e all seats and carpet.

I do plan on taking out some unnesessary weight. First, get rid of heavy battery and replace it with lighter more powerfull race one. Further, reroute to trunk for better WD. Also, get lighter front seats (found some that are 6Kg each!!! So big savings!). And of course, required CF hood (25lbs right there). Just those three things will take over 160lbs out of the front. And yet still have stock funtions.:cheers:

AndyBG
March 6th, 2006, 17:39
Why don't you get rid of back seat and get two more of those ''6kg'' in the back, i saw that in one ''tuned'' Golf, overthere in US.

That would be like some ''super sport'' taxi.

:)

Bomber
March 6th, 2006, 17:40
Benman,

The B5 S4 is not the most potential car ,the RS4 is......

Goldorak
March 6th, 2006, 17:40
Short answer:

Cause I like Audis.:applause:

Sure could have fooled me with those 3900 posts.:D

Hadn't seen the 15k post when I replied(slow typer), that would indeed be a problem. Not sure how much a used track only S1 Elise goes for, guess it would depend on the mods. I'm partial to the Honda K20A in that car http://www.prototyperacing.com/k20kit.htm although those conversions were in the Rover days, not cost effective now with the federalized Toyota engine.

Good luck with your track project car.:thumb:

Benman
March 6th, 2006, 17:44
Originally posted by Bomber
Benman,

The B5 S4 is not the most potential car ,the RS4 is......
Hello Bomber,

My post should have said, "the used $14K B5 S4 is the potential King!":D

Originally posted by Goldorak
Sure could have fooled me with those 3900 posts. :D

:applause: :applause: :applause:

For sure, the Honda (and Toyota) powered Elises are awesome. But for the price (and love of Audi), I'll be getting the S4.:thumb:

Bomber
March 6th, 2006, 18:30
Yeah that changes things.....:bye:

Benman
March 6th, 2006, 19:13
Originally posted by AndyBG
Why don't you get rid of back seat and get two more of those ''6kg'' in the back, i saw that in one ''tuned'' Golf, overthere in US.

That would be like some ''super sport'' taxi.

:)

Saw that same Golf (by HPA) in the flesh at the LA Auto Show. Looked amazing! Rear seats were super trick, but might take some extensive work to make those babies fit (rear floor mounts are much higher in the back. Besides looks, I don't know if I'd save a ton of weight with the rear seats, as the rears are much lighter than fronts (no power, no adjustments), maybe save 15lbs tops, and also that's rear weight, my focus for now is getting rid of all the excess front weight. But yep, those rear buckets looked sweet!:thumb:

rheudabaga
March 6th, 2006, 19:17
Tailpipe, when is the engine switch in the S4 to FSI going to occur? Would a car ordered now get that? I'd doubt it.

Thanks.

tailpipe
March 6th, 2006, 20:12
Originally posted by rheudabaga
Tailpipe, when is the engine switch in the S4 to FSI going to occur? Would a car ordered now get that? I'd doubt it.

Thanks.

Sorry, I don't know exactly when, although it must surely be soon. Maybe, Iceman can shed some light on this.

5000S old skool
March 6th, 2006, 21:38
I think when the Q7 comes out they will put the Q7's 4.2 FSI in the S4, which is the more torquey version of the 4.2 FSI...

CarbonFibre
March 8th, 2006, 01:24
I guess if you're into Audis that much then I wish you the best on your project for a track car, but I will agree that starting with a different vehicle would be much more logical for a mainly track car.

gmbh6
March 8th, 2006, 05:57
...I saw a gray RS6 today in LA near the Farmers Market with no plates. Tell me it wasn't yours...

When you see a blue one w/no plates, that'll be me.......3 years and counting :addict:

Benman
March 8th, 2006, 17:34
Originally posted by CarbonFibre
I guess if you're into Audis that much then I wish you the best on your project for a track car, but I will agree that starting with a different vehicle would be much more logical for a mainly track car.
Logically, I agree. But then, the RS 6 isn't really a logical car to begin with (why get a four door that fast when an Accord can easily exceed the speed limit :D). For that matter, no Audi is. Buy a Subaru, much cheaper and still four wheel drive.

It's for the love of it.:thumb:

Originally posted by gmbh6
When you see a blue one w/no plates, that'll be me.......3 years and counting :addict:

Sweet, you have me beat. But then, how is it three years and counting when you haven't even had the Beast that long?

SoCal
March 9th, 2006, 07:39
Originally posted by gmbh6

I'll keep my eyes out for another blue one...like mine. Give a waive.:bye:

Ben, as for your B5 S4 with STaSIS mods, that's gonna rock. I got to go for a couple of rides at Sears Point last year in STaSIS engineered cars and, well...wow! Rock solid, great exhaust note, firmly planted on turns and super acceleration. Sure there are lots of sports cars out there that would be lighter and more pure (my RX-7 for one), and could still go on the street when its not a track day, but for an Audi fan your combination is a winning ticket. And lots of bang for the bucks.

Now, once you get started with the mods, good luck stopping. It's like crack. Always a new tweak to try.
:race:

Benman
March 9th, 2006, 18:44

Now, once you get started with the mods, good luck stopping. It's like crack. Always a new tweak to try.
:race:
And that's what my wife is afraid of...:hahahehe:

Bauer
March 10th, 2006, 05:01
SoCal -

Thanks, the car is a blast... just put some Revolver cams in it. We need to have GIAC burn a new chip for it as the cams are very agressive. Car works fine and produces more power.... but there is some left on the table.

signed the CRACK ADDICT

Bauer
March 10th, 2006, 05:03
oops.... maybe you meant Benman.... sorry my name (first) is Ben as well:D :doh:

Aronis
March 13th, 2006, 19:22
Hey don't let my DRC failure RANT scare you away from an RS6....it's a great car and MINE WILL BE FIXED.

I am learning more on the system daily and hope to have complete schematic soon.

I think they left AIR in the shocks and believe they must be removed, inverted, vented and refilled!

Mike

Yep, there is no possible way I could part with my Beast! Only two possible things would ever temp me to sell.

One: If, like HyOctane and Aronis, I experienced constant problems.

Two: Big accident

Other than those two things, I'll have the car forever.

So yeah, getting a used 00' or 01' S4 and using that for track duties. Will have to stay stock for awhile, but over time as I save up some dough, I'll go the Stassis route (Darn you Bauer:p ).

No, sure wasn't me in LA that day. Haven't been in LA since the Auto Show. Cool to hear I'm not the only plateless Daytona Grey though! Now I can deny any accusations!:hihi: (it wasn't me... it was the LA guy!:thumb: ).

Erik
March 13th, 2006, 19:37
Originally posted by Aronis
I am learning more on the system daily and hope to have complete schematic soon.

You mean this? :)
http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/RS6COM-Selfstudy.pdf

Benman
March 13th, 2006, 20:58
Originally posted by Erik
You mean this? :)
http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/RS6COM-Selfstudy.pdf
Ja, aber auf Englisch bitte :p

Mike,

Not "scared" away from the :addict: Far from it! I :heart: my :addict: and plan on keeping mine for years to come. That is in fact part of my reason for going the B5 S4 route for a track car. I really won't mind "beating" it around a track like I do with my $80K+ Beast. Besides the fact that the B5 S4 is several hundred lbs lighter and therefor a better platform to use.

Also, down the road (as $$$ becomes available) serious mods will go into it, whereas with the Beast, I've been primarily concerned about the voided warranty issues. Time will tell, but needless to say, Bauer has me hooked (Jimmy tried to warn me:D ).

I'm hoping I'll get to see his "track" car in action at the end of this month!:dance:

Erik
March 13th, 2006, 21:08
Ja, aber auf Englisch bitte :p

Zee dravingz fill bi ze zame. :D

:harass: btw, everyone's got to see this again
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4987&highlight=german

SoCal
March 14th, 2006, 07:29
oops.... maybe you meant Benman.... sorry my name (first) is Ben as well:D :doh:
Ben Bauer,

Yes, my last post was meant for Benman, but my thanks go to you, if I recall correctly, for one of the best rides ever when I was at Sears Point for the Audi Club event there last fall. That was you in the STaSIS car, right? Outta sight.

:bow:

Benman
April 21st, 2006, 15:48
OK Bauer, so here it is.... The Red Baron!:thumb: :D

BTW, very first mod: Took off front lincense plate (shaving a whopping 1.25lbs of front weight! :trash: ).

PS, young one wanted to be in the pic, couldn't make her get out of the way.:D

Audihead
April 21st, 2006, 16:56
Nice collection of rides! Next mod I can see is the RS4 grill for the S4........ Maybe shave off another pound or two.:D

Benman
April 21st, 2006, 17:02
Originally posted by Audihead
Nice collection of rides! Next mod I can see is the RS4 grill for the S4........ Maybe shave off another pound or two.:D

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Just finished second "mod", put in lightweight, higher charge Odyssey Battery. Shaves 14lbs off of stock.:thumb: :D

More mods come this Monday, Flywheel, ceramic clutch, H-Sport complete, mounts... should net another 15-20 lbs. ;)

Audihead
April 21st, 2006, 21:47
How long of a wait for the Vast stuff?

Benman
April 21st, 2006, 21:58
How long of a wait for the Vast stuff?

Not long at all, in fact Fed Ex should be showing up at my shop any time now (21st delivery). So we should be all set for the Monday install and then Tuesday is alignment and RBF600 brake fluid. Cutting it real close considering I will only have 3 days to break in the clutch (500+ miles) before the track event. No problems, I :heart: to :incar: ! :thumb:

Benman
April 22nd, 2006, 00:31
All parts are in and ready to go!

Monday should prove to be Fun Day!:0: :wo:

SoCal
April 22nd, 2006, 02:08
All parts are in and ready to go!

Monday should prove to be Fun Day!:0: :wo:

Rock and roll!!:mech: :race: :thumb:

Julz RS4
April 22nd, 2006, 06:29
Congrats Ben for your beautiful red S4, I didn't know that you have bought an B5 S4 for your racetrack car. :thumb:

Me too, I would like to have a similar red B5 S4 but I have to finish to pay my A6 2.7T before starting this new project. :s4addict:

Your RS6 & S4 combo picture is cool ! If you have the chance to take other combo shot like this or pix of your S4 it will be very appreciated.

LOL !!! about your series of modification to reduce weight of your S4. :hihi:

Keep us informed about your future mod update. :mech:

Cheers Ben !

D-Unit
April 23rd, 2006, 16:45
I can't believe you could get the ''Red Baron'' for only 14k $. this VERY nice car is worth much more money than that to me.

by the way, how much mileage has this S4?

Benman
April 24th, 2006, 16:24
All parts are going in as we speak (or more accurately, as I type:trash: )!!! Excited. :D

Julz,

I'll make sure to take another "Dynamic Duo" photo sometime. :thumb:

D,

Nope, didn't get the S4 that was selling for 14K. That car was Tore UP! I probably coule have got the other S4 for sub $13K but it wouldn't have been worth it! It was that bad! No, the one above that I ended up getting was much more than the $14K I originally wanted. In the end, it was $15,900 but IMHO was $$$ well spent. The car has more miles than I wanted as well (92K) but I swear, this car runs like new! The previous owner had a real sense of pride in his vehicle and took exceptional care of it. Even with 90K+ miles on the odometer, I have zero concerns of tracking it. It's that nice. Very clean S4, and should suit my purposes well.

There were plenty of S4s on the market with far less miles, but all of those guys were asking @ $10K more! No thanks, I wanted to use that $10K for mods.:0:

D-Unit
April 24th, 2006, 17:23
well it really seems that you really calculated everything and this car is the one for you............... or not only for you but for your kid also!!

now with your daughter in love with the red car, you can tell your wife it is all ''family project'' to justify all those investments

what could she reply to that? ;)

Audihead
April 24th, 2006, 17:47
Not long at all, in fact Fed Ex should be showing up at my shop any time now (21st delivery). So we should be all set for the Monday install and then Tuesday is alignment and RBF600 brake fluid. Cutting it real close considering I will only have 3 days to break in the clutch (500+ miles) before the track event. No problems, I :heart: to :incar: ! :thumb:

Very cool. Hung out with Mike (Piggie) for a bit at an Audi event on Sat. Very nice guy. Hope your break in period went well. Now get out there and have some fun.:0: :s4addict:

IulianUM
April 25th, 2006, 15:30
Remember your daughter that this is dady´s toy . :hihi:
Have fun with it , looks good .:race:

Benman
April 25th, 2006, 16:35
Very cool. Hung out with Mike (Piggie) for a bit at an Audi event on Sat. Very nice guy. Hope your break in period went well. Now get out there and have some fun.:0: :s4addict:

Break in period just started late last night!:D All was finished @ 6:45pm and for the next few days I'll have to travel to and from work via all city streets (45 miles each way) so right now I'm barely over 90 city miles on the new clutch. I plan on having at least 300 city, 200 back road and 300 freeway before the track so that should be plenty.

Initial opinions, just with those few mods have transformed the S4. The car was great before, but now it feels fantastic. Very sure footed, extremely positive shifting feel, great steering response and takes corners near :addict: like! Minimal body roll!:0: (so now more than ever I want to check out Bauer's ride!)Will know much more once clutch is properly broken in and I can actually drive it hard (as opposed to the grandma driving I'm curently doing...).:D

Yep, daughter likes the "Red Car" so its a whole family thing (at least that's the story I'm sticking with.:trash: ).

Benman
April 27th, 2006, 20:17
Break in is DONE! 489 miles ALL city and back roads (@297 city, 192 back roads). Haven't even touched a freeway since Monday morning. I calculate I've done over 3000 shifts in those miles (One way to work is 45 miles, 441 shifts so...).

Off to LV to break em in. :s4addict:

Guys have a great weekend!

Bauer
April 29th, 2006, 00:48
Ben

Have a great time in Las Vegas.... wish I could be there... just too long of a drive right now. Watch out for my friends who flew down and are renting Ford Focus's... they bought extra insurance:D .

As you have found the B5 S4 really takes to modifications. It does not take much to really change the feel of the car completely. Keep us posted on your progress and feel free to contact me anytime.

Oh.. I will be up at Infineon running wth NASA, first time with them.... should be fun. Looked in my run group and there are several Viper's, M3's, Porsche's, and Corvettes. Can't wait to see how she does agianst other makes.

Good luck and have fun!!

SoCal
April 29th, 2006, 01:24
Break in is DONE! 489 miles ALL city and back roads (@297 city, 192 back roads). Haven't even touched a freeway since Monday morning. I calculate I've done over 3000 shifts in those miles (One way to work is 45 miles, 441 shifts so...).

Off to LV to break em in. :s4addict:

Guys have a great weekend!

Congrats, Ben! That's a lot of shifts :incar: and a lot of fun behind the wheel.

Sorry I can't join you in Vegas. Can't wait to hear the track report when you get back. :race:

Benman
May 1st, 2006, 16:00
What a BLAST!!! I can see what all the hype about the B5 S4 is for! Great, really fun car.

And BTW, this is my first time owning a manual! Ever! Knew how to drive them, but its different owning one, and way different tracking one!

Well, LV was a lot hotter than expected with ambient temps in the low 90's but car still felt great, handled great (considering the suspension is stock with just H-Sport) and had pretty good pep. I'll need time to get better at shifting during track work to bring more speed around the track, but all and all, I really had a blast! Only two :addict: showed up, but a grip of S4s were there as well as some older Audis and Ur Quattros, nice!

Bauer, never saw the Focus's, so I guess that was a good thing.:trash: Yeah, the car really takes well to mods, just the very few I've done and already the car feels sooo different. With the flywheel and clutch, the car is much more agressive accellerating and decellerating, wind up time being fast! Stock brakes and pads held up as good as can be expected (I'm sure the RBF600 had a BIG part in that!) but now I'm wondering how good the :s4addict: will be after I'm finished (aka, Bauer's Doppelganger!:D ).

The funniest story by far was "the accident", but that's a story for audiworld to tell...:hihi: :bigeyes: Just ask Neil from Audiworld (who I met for the very first time, great guy).

After speaking with several people at the event (and with Bauer's input from before), I'm thinking this is how the S4 might end up:

Stasis full tranny rebuild
Stasis ohlins motorsport
Stasis front control arms
355 Stoptech Brakes (I know, I know, Bauer would want the Alcons)
AWE Stage three installed at Wicked Motorsports? (Maybe more Wicked stuff???)
AWE intercoolers
2Bennet down pipes and 2B/Borla exhaust
Carbon Hood and decklid (from 2B?)
Also want some more stuff from VAST, like:
Phenolic Intake Manifold Spacers
Ported, Polished, Ceramic Coated Exhaust Manifolds (much more affordable than the AWE ones)
Porting, Polishing of Intake Manifolds & Throttle bodies
Cylinder Head Upgrades (maybe?)
Electric Fan Kits (High Flow)

As well as the stuff already on the car...

Like I said before, I don't have that kinda "coin" just lying around and I'm not a credit card/debt type person, so it will be awhile before I can do those things. Also, a full RS 4 conversion would be very temping as I could fit huge tires on the car... we'll see...

So Bauer, how did the NASA event go?

Bauer
May 1st, 2006, 17:52
Ben,

Very glad you had a good time... knew you would. As I have stated before the B5 S4 is one of the best cars to modify with so much potential.

NASA was very fun... ran in HPDE 3 and by the end of both days we were doing open passing. Really quite eduactional, because it teaches you to set up passes and learn slightly different lines for doing them. A few yahoo's out there... but the instructors quickly took care of it. Also, having so many different types of cars on the track with slightly different lines was fun. The quattro driveline really showed is benifit in turn 7a and 11... several times I had a ZO6 behind me and coming out of those corners I was able to get atleast a 3 to 4 car jump on them since I was on the power so much sooner... really fun. I am sure they were kind of shocked. All in all a great weekend.

Ben give me a call sometime and I will shoot you an e-mail... I like your list but we need to talk:D

Benman
May 1st, 2006, 18:16

Ben give me a call sometime and I will shoot you an e-mail... I like your list but we need to talk:D

I was AFRAID of that!:applause:

On the NASA note, sounds sweet. My uncle is working on me to get my TCRA license. Once I have that, it makes it easier to get a full NASA license. His goal is still the 25 hours of Thunder Hill, but I'm having doubts...

Bauer
May 1st, 2006, 18:39
Ben,

No need to be afraid.... I took special interest in not doing things twice on my car.... I have seen a lot of 100k S4 becasue people did things two or three times. Just want to help... that is all.

you got a PM - cant find your e-mail.

Ben

Benman
May 1st, 2006, 18:51
Ben,

No need to be afraid...
:D

Don't know what happened??? Sent a reply PM to you, but I must have done something wrong cause it never made its way to you?

Anyway, sent another PM. Good to go.:cheers:

Benman
May 20th, 2006, 01:38
And the Alcons are IN!

The wife, child and I leave at 3:30am tomorrow for Miller Motorsports Audi Club meet to test them. That, and the GIAC chip (I know George, I know...).

Will do a full write up of the event when I return!:wo: :incar:

Ben:addict: :s4addict:

Bauer
May 21st, 2006, 03:21
Ben,

Can't wait to hear about the weekend....I am sure you will have a blast.

Also, just as an FYI STaSIS Motorsports had a good day. Chip qualifyed 2nd today, Jeff Courtney our Rookie driver qualifyed 8th and Fred Baker our seasoned vet qualifyed 9th... Hopefully our good fortune will stay with us tomorrow.

IulianUM
May 22nd, 2006, 23:09
Bauer , How was the race? :race:

Bauer
May 23rd, 2006, 05:49
RACE RESULTS BELOW DO NOT READ IF YOU PLAN TO WATCH ON SPEED TV

For Immediate Release

May 21, 2006

STaSIS Motorsports has best team performance in 5 year history at Mid Ohio.

After qualifying 2nd behind Pierre Klienubig, Chip Herr took the win after jumping out in front at the start of the race. Piloting his brand new Mahle powered STaSIS B7 A4 quattro through three full course yellows and several attempts by Klienubig to take the lead, Chip took his first career World Challenge win. After the race Chip commented," The whole team worked really hard to get to this point and STaSIS has build a first rate car that should allow me to be competitive all year long." Chip now stands in 3rd overall just edging out last years champion Real Time's owner and driver Peter Cunningham.

STaSIS Rookie driver Jeff Courtney also had his strongest performance in World Challenge at Mid Ohio coming from 8th place working his way to 4th past some very impressive names in World Challenge racing. After passing Randy Pobst coming out of the Key Hole Jeff said," The car felt fantastic and it did everything I asked it to do. Chasing down Randy I could tell he was working every last bit out of his car to stay ahead. After several laps I noticed he was really trying to out brake me before the Key Hole and on that last go around he pushed a little too hard and I knew it was my opportunity." Jeff was also awarded the Piloti Rookie of the Race; his second of the season.

"Fast Freddy" Baker was exactly that as he posted the fastest lap of the race at 1:33.915 and worked his way up to 5th after qualifying 9th. Freddy was definitely feeling very comfortable with the freshly paved Mid Ohio track and was at one point as high as 4th in the race. Freddy commented," I felt right at home in the Mahle powered STaSIS A4 as it was set up perfectly, I knew I had a 2nd or 3rd place car under me but the 3 full course yellows did not allow me enough time to get there."

STaSIS Motorsports moves on to round four of the World Challenge series racing next at our home track, Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, California on Sunday June 25, 2006.

Currently
3rd in Manufactures
3rd Chip Herr
7th Jeff Courtney
9th Freddy Baker
1st Rookie of the Year - Jeff Courtney

Race will be televised on SPEED TV, Saturday, May 27th at 8pm EST and Wednesday May 31st at 12pm.

http://www.theracesite.com/client_images/albums/1534_21.jpg

http://www.theracesite.com/client_images/albums/1545_12.jpg

http://www.theracesite.com/client_images/albums/1545_25.jpg

http://www.theracesite.com/client_images/albums/1545_24.jpg

http://www.world-challenge.com/files/photos/thumbnails/DSC_1857_720x0.JPG

Benman
May 27th, 2006, 04:37
Ben,

Can't wait to hear about the weekend....I am sure you will have a blast.

Extra, extra... read all about it... http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9184

Bauer, fantastic news about Stassis! Great job!

I will make every effort to come up and see you guys in action at Infineon next month. If I make it up, can my family hang in the pits with the team?