PDA

View Full Version : How to Tune My A3 sportback 2.0 TFSI??

Kappe
October 20th, 2005, 19:41
Hi guys

I have a standard 2005 Audi A3 sportback TFSI Quattro with DSG and full option. and some nice 19" sportec rims :dance:

I'm driving this car for like 10 months now and I'm loving it :D
It's my first car (I'm only 19 years old :p ) so it was a pretty fast car to start with..

Now my problem is that I'm getting used to it's power.. And some of my friends are a little bit faster with there golf 2 GTI's with 1.8T audi engine's :rolleyes: , and I'm really nowhere against my dad's RS6..

So I want to tune my sportback a little bit.. But I don't have that much money.. I can't bring it somewhere and tune it for 20K euro's :D So does anyone know a kinda cheap way to tune it, and that it's still in good order that it won't break down after a couple of miles :p

I was thinking to drive to the MTM factory in germany ( I live in The Netherlands) and get it chip tuned by them. I think it will get at least +50HP maybe +70. and after that taking a spin on the nürburgring :p

But does anyone know wich chip tuning is the best for the new audi 2.0Tfsi engine.. And if I can tune it more for not to much money? And is it handy to get new tuffer springs?

My budget is round 5K euro's, maybe a little bit more if it really makes a differents..

I hope you guys can give me some advise with this one :looking:

Greats, Maurice..

Rosenrot
October 21st, 2005, 08:47
Get it chiped tuned you will get 50 hp at the most, but it makes a big difference

freerider
October 21st, 2005, 10:13
First of all...WE WANT TO SEE PICS (also of the RS6 of your father).
Now about the chiptuning. There are a lot of options. I suggest to go to www.audiforum.nl for very good information. It's a very nice Dutch forum. There are a couple discussions about tuning Audi (in the Netherlands) and there's a tuner on the board (gives reduction for other members). This is not a commercial or something for the forum, I'm just trying to help. I'm also a member there and like it very much.
And if you ever want to make that trip to MTM or the Ring, let me know, I'll be happy to join you :0:

Greetz Johan

Ps: van waar in Nederland ben je ergens?

Kappe
October 21st, 2005, 14:11
ahh ok :D Yeah I already wanted to chip tune it becaus I know it will get me a lot of HP for not to much money.
But Í'm not gonna chip it in the netherlands thats for sure. My audi dealer chip tunes also, they bring it to SKN in germany, but I have to miss my car for several days :boring:

So my plan was going to drive to the MTM factory and take a spin at the ring :p MTM also has a bether reputation than SKN I think?

btw I'll try to get some pictures online from the sportback and RS6 (I live in Zoetermeer freerider, and you?)

But does anyone know how much BHP I'll get from new exaust from front to back.. And how much that gonna cost? New suspension would be an option to I gues..

Kappe
October 21st, 2005, 14:24
I think I know what to order :dance:

chip + full exhaust: Conversion kit AUDI A3 Sportback 272PS (200kW) quattro
incl. exhaust system from turbo back 4.735 EUR

lowered springs: MTM-spring kit about 45 mm lowered quattro 240 EUR

and maybe later on I'll get these brakes: MTM-Brembo brake 330 X 32 mm 3.331 EUR

there are also bigger brakes, but much more expensive. I don't know if that would make a big differents

greetz Maurice

freerider
October 21st, 2005, 18:43
I'm not suggesting you should chiptune it in the Netherlands, but those guys (audiforum.nl) really know a thing or two about Audi's.
And yes, MTM is a very reputable tuner, together with Abt (abt is the only one where Audi gives warranty for IIRC). Also, if I where you I would also get those MTM bimoto rims or the sportec ones. Those are just fabulous on the A3.
And I'm from Houthalen (Limburg, near Hasselt), Belgium. A bit far isn't? Still love to be in an RS6 (don't even have to drive myself).
Anyway, hope to see the pics soon and good luck with tuning :0:

Greetz Johan

Kappe
October 21st, 2005, 19:38
I already got the sportec rims :hahahehe:
Yeah the RS6 is a really extreme car. It is so powerfull but kinda heavy.. I took it to the ring couple months ago :p and it's really unbalievable.. so much powerrr.. It just wont stop. It's a black 2002 RS6, chipt and exaust by SKN 518 BHP. :rs6kiss:

steffenr
October 21st, 2005, 23:27
turbo upgrade and other exhaust is around 5k