October 20th, 2005, 13:11
...with over 500 HP.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60446

http://www.bmwm5.com/photo/data/558/44DSC00009.JPG

It also ate a silver RS4 :race:

More videos will come!

alex_s3
October 20th, 2005, 13:24
thanx for vid.. :) The RS4 won in the start..

Gustav
October 20th, 2005, 14:36
Yes, I let him have the jump. :applause:

buyalemon
October 20th, 2005, 15:21
M6 cost more than any Audi ever has, I think the owner would cry blood if he had lost against a 4 year old Audi (Though tuned)!

//Magnus

Klint
October 20th, 2005, 15:56
Originally posted by Gustav
Yes, I let him have the jump. :applause:

eh? When your "racing" you don't let anyone get a jump on you - you go full out from start to finish. :)

4WD and a manual box (RS4) usually makes for a quicker launch, either that or you don't know how to use launch control. :)

Gustav
October 20th, 2005, 16:46
:jlol: One more to go:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=614887#post614887

:cool2:

gjg
October 20th, 2005, 19:42
It was me that was driving the TT, sorry guys but I lost It wasen't easy to catch up with 507hp with my stock 420hp TT.

yep, the M is a nice car .....

gjg
October 20th, 2005, 20:05
Gustav, what;s the story?

That is what the owner said.

Here is what the people who tuned the RS4 said.

According to Ace competition stats:

Effekt: 380 hk (280 kW) vid 6100 varv/min Effekt: 480 hk (353 kW) vid 7050 varv/min Vridmoment: 440 Nm vid 2500-6000 varv/min Vridmoment: 580 Nm vid 3300 varv/min Toppfart: 250 km/h Toppfart: 300+ km/h 0-100 km/h: 4,9 s 0-100 km/h: 4,2 s Modifikationer: Programvara, komplett rostfritt avgassystem inkl racekatalysatorer och främre rör, turbo, ombyggnad vevhusventilation, diverse packningar, motorolja Castrol TWS 10W/60, oljefilter, glykol. Prestanda 0-200 km/h 12,9 s.

So it is 353Kw and 440Nm torque, seems they wanted to make the M6 look better than what it really is.

M6 is impressive though, but the RS4 was not over 500hp and nowhere near 600Nm

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=7612

:vhmmm:

QuattroFun
October 20th, 2005, 20:24
Well, whatever the result of this drag race, whatever the framing involved and whatever the horses the tuned RS4 is good for, who would seriously want a tuned RS4 instead of a M6? Not me at least. Erik posted earlier a tuned RS4 winning over a M5 - big deal. The M6 is the only beemer currently almost worth "looks gorgeous" - but I must say that engine sound is not as good as I expected.

Gustav
October 21st, 2005, 10:47
Over 500 HP and over 600 Nm according to the owner. The owner knows the most about his car obivously.... He states it on his own site :deal:

RS4Ever
October 21st, 2005, 22:15
thanks for the clips.

buyalemon
October 23rd, 2005, 02:52
the M6/M5 does have like 475 mhp on the wheels ...this video simply shows that this RS4 doesn't have that ..or lower kg/bhp ...what's the big deal??? ...don't get this!!

Let's have some snow and make a new film, NOOOO a BMW M owner put their cars in a heated wintercoat during winter ..only works in the summer ...Audi people like Audi cars ..simple as that!

//Magnus

exE46M3
October 23rd, 2005, 17:49
Buyalemon,

Let me start by saying that the below means *NO* disrespect (as I believe this thread also means *NO* disrespect)...

I think you're reading too much into all this... I mean, had the outcome been the opposite, would you say "what's the big deal"? Dunno...

Anyway, as a BMW fan I have no problem saying that I'd rather see M cars getting their a**es handed to them in drag races, but shining on tracks (as they usually do). That kind of dynamics is what makes them a blast to drive. :thumb:

As far as the snow goes, you may have a point. Well, sort of... After all, who drag races in the snow? :vhmmm: I don't recall ever seeing anyone drive at speeds in excess of 150MPH on public roads covered in snow... Actually, I guess I never will... Don't get much of that white stuff in Florida... :D If that's something you'll see in Sweden and other parts of Europe, I apologize for the question. I've never been to Sweden... I will one day though - I work with a couple people from Stockholm and I can't help but drool over pics they show me. What a *BEAUTIFUL* country!!! :thumb:

buyalemon
October 23rd, 2005, 20:47
My first point is ...I can say that my Focus has 1000 bhp ...but when I get smoked by a Nissan Micra with 55 bhp ..who'll belive me??

My second point is ...even if M6:s could fly to the moon and make pizza to me while I'm driving ...I'd still like Audis more ...why?
I can use every horse every day ...-20 C ...doesn't matter ...snow ..doesn't matter ...gravel ...doe.....!

M division builds great cars for Florida (Not during hurricanes) and Africa (Sweden during June, July and August) (If it's not a rainy summer).

exE46M3
October 23rd, 2005, 21:24
Originally posted by buyalemon
M division builds great cars for Florida...

Buyalemon,

The irony of it all is that M cars are developed and built in Germany... :snow:

Anyway, gotcha! Sorry, I should've been more specific...

I guess what I was trying to say is: you know what you prefer and this thread is not intended to try and persuade you (or any other Audi fan for that matter) otherwise. Take it for what it is: two machines going at it. One coming out on top... No reason to get worked up about it.

Gustav
October 23rd, 2005, 23:14
Thanks! :bye:

http://www.bmwm5.com/articles/m5e60weekend/pictures/DSC02110.jpg

http://www.m5board.com/articles.php?id=34

Originally posted by exE46M3
I've never been to Sweden... I will one day though - I work with a couple people from Stockholm and I can't help but drool over pics they show me. What a *BEAUTIFUL* country!!! :thumb:

Gustav
October 23rd, 2005, 23:16
The new BMW M cars is excellent in the winter. With P400 and DSC it's a fully capable wintercar. Old one was also very good!

http://www.bmwm5.com/photo/data/501/4746halk05.jpg

My first point is ...I can say that my Focus has 1000 bhp ...but when I get smoked by a Nissan Micra with 55 bhp ..who'll belive me??

My second point is ...even if M6:s could fly to the moon and make pizza to me while I'm driving ...I'd still like Audis more ...why?
I can use every horse every day ...-20 C ...doesn't matter ...snow ..doesn't matter ...gravel ...doe.....!

M division builds great cars for Florida (Not during hurricanes) and Africa (Sweden during June, July and August) (If it's not a rainy summer).

exE46M3
October 24th, 2005, 00:28
Thanks! :bye:

http://www.m5board.com/articles.php?id=34

:love:

Very nice Gustav, VERY nice! :thumb:

RS4Ever
October 24th, 2005, 02:47

WOWWWW!!!!!!! :bigeyes: :bigeyes:
look at those corinthian columns!!!!!

yeah yeah i know.. great performing car.. just not my taste in looks.

but those columns.. wow!

buyalemon
October 24th, 2005, 10:49
YEEAAH ...BMW might be way ahead of time here ...in 5 years they probably will have rearwheel driven cars in WRC
The P400 in the Swedish Rally would simply kick ass :mech:

Noooo ...maybe not! And my point with the race was simply ...the BMW has 475 bhp on the wheels ..the Audi doesn't ..the owner can say that it has 600 or whatever ..but I don't think so!

One final question ...just because BMW is built in Germany ..it's perfect for snow? The Koenigsegg is built in Sweden ...this must be an even better car for bad weather :vhmmm:

gjg
October 25th, 2005, 15:18
racing family station wagon against a sports car? :vhmmm:

:D

alex_s3
October 25th, 2005, 16:07
I agree with Buyalemon! :) and how ironic is it when a modded version of the M5 (M6) races with a mabye 2-3 years old stasonwaagen.. hehe
And a litte question.. Why coulden't u start at 0 km/t..
Maybe it because the diffrent in the start would be even greater?

but what ever it was a great movie..

Next the i would like too see the new RS6 (when it comes) vs the m6..

Gustav
October 26th, 2005, 12:00
OK guys I'll do one with the M5 later :)

zumbalak
October 26th, 2005, 18:20
Something got my attention. In the video when the m6 is passing the rs4 it is doing about 270km/hr, which is about 160+ miles/hr.

Aren't these cars the rs4 and m3 limited to 155mph? Maybe the m6 delimeter has been removed and rs4 delimeter is still not removed, and the rs4 just got stuck in 155mph....

Who knows?

In any case the rs4 got a kick ass jump and with turbo and awd cars it is a known fact that when the speeds reach higher and higher grounds 160+ mph the acceleration times get slower and slower.

I mean wow the m6 did beat the rs4 somehow at 160mph but its ass was handed to him sooo badly until 160mph. In real life you rarely drive to 160mph, and no car can do 160mph in 1/4 mile drag races.

So in any circumstances the new three times costing m6 has gotten its ass handed to him by a car that is like 5 years old. That is some accomplishment.

BTW I don't even want to imagine this race from a full stop. I mean from a roll with the awd drivetrain loss and stuff the rs4 whoops the butt of the m6, from a stop the m6 would be destroyed and crushed by this rs4 and it think it will not even be funny.

7:53 RS6
October 26th, 2005, 19:15
You should not think to much of the Vmax in the yellow RS4. :D
Just to mention it, this RS4 is way from stock and its some dollars put in to it i can promise you:mech: The M6 is stock and has not remowed the v-max.

Serch RS6.com for M6 and you find my post from testing the M6, this is the same car driven here.

I happen to know the owner of the yellow RS4 as well. Im sure if they do a start from 0km even then my guess is M6 will win. But sure RS4 is damn fast in starts if launched right.
As well as Erik Js feed me car is damn fast:revs:

Gustav
October 26th, 2005, 22:13
I passed him in a little over 200 km/h (120 mph) :cool2:

Originally posted by zumbalak
Something got my attention. In the video when the m6 is passing the rs4 it is doing about 270km/hr, which is about 160+ miles/hr.

zumbalak
October 26th, 2005, 23:41
I passed him in a little over 200 km/h (120 mph) :cool2:

Hmmmm...

According to the video it says bling at 140kmh, where the rs4 is ahead.

Now at the video 140kmh is at 5 second time. And as you have stated that the race started around 50kmh it took only a little less than 5 seconds to reach to 140kmh.

And you pass him at 16th second.

So what you are saying is that I guess, it took you 11 seconds full throttle to reach 200kmh from 140kmh.

Full throttle it took the m6 11 seconds to accelerate 60km/hr which is like 37 miles/hr. Hmm you think we would believe that it takes 11 seconds for m6 to reach 200kmh from 140kmh, when it takes only less than 5 seconds to reach 140kmh from 50kmh?

(I mean c'mon we are not little primary school kids here)

Are you positive about that?

Or did you pass him around 230-240km or so, because look at the speedo at the 18th second on the video. You are doing more than 240kmh for sure.

So the bottom line is that the rs4 whooped the butt of the new m6 all the way to around 230-240 kmh and then wow the m6 passed, which is expected of course, 8000rpm revving v10 vs the twin turbo v6.

I give huge props to the 4-5 year old rs4 (even though well tuned) spanking the brand new m6 really nicely all the way to around 230-240kmh.

buyalemon
October 27th, 2005, 09:35
Good investigations Zum :0:
At these speeds I think it's more a question of CW than power ...and don't forget ...the M5 is much slower than a M6 in these speeds :rs4addict

//magnus

Gustav
October 27th, 2005, 10:12
The "bling" is notoriously slow, we noticed that. That iks the bling a few seconds after the actual speed, which makes sense because the acceleration over 140 km/h to 170 km/h is very fast: one of the few gears where tracition is very good and not so much wind resistance.

So instead of the bling count on gears. 3rd gear revs out at 170 km/h. 4th gear around 220 km/h. As you can see the M6 is accelerating even and then reeling the very tuned RS4 in before next gear, that is changed at around 230 km/h :bye:

:race:

Accept it, the M6 is significantly faster than a very tuned 4WD car.

Hmmmm...

According to the video it says bling at 140kmh, where the rs4 is ahead.

Now at the video 140kmh is at 5 second time. And as you have stated that the race started around 50kmh it took only a little less than 5 seconds to reach to 140kmh.

And you pass him at 16th second.

So what you are saying is that I guess, it took you 11 seconds full throttle to reach 200kmh from 140kmh.

Full throttle it took the m6 11 seconds to accelerate 60km/hr which is like 37 miles/hr. Hmm you think we would believe that it takes 11 seconds for m6 to reach 200kmh from 140kmh, when it takes only less than 5 seconds to reach 140kmh from 50kmh?

(I mean c'mon we are not little primary school kids here)

Are you positive about that?

Or did you pass him around 230-240km or so, because look at the speedo at the 18th second on the video. You are doing more than 240kmh for sure.

So the bottom line is that the rs4 whooped the butt of the new m6 all the way to around 230-240 kmh and then wow the m6 passed, which is expected of course, 8000rpm revving v10 vs the twin turbo v6.

I give huge props to the 4-5 year old rs4 (even though well tuned) spanking the brand new m6 really nicely all the way to around 230-240kmh.

buyalemon
October 27th, 2005, 11:21
It's easy to see that M6 is faster in very high speeds ...but over 402 m from standing still the M6 would get it's ass kicked ...by a 5 year old estate ..probably even with a dog in the back :harass:

And if the weather would be "Quattro" ...the RS4 would really disappear! That's when you were going to use the P400 Gustav? :doh:

:rs4kiss: //Magnus

Gustav
October 27th, 2005, 12:36
402 m is irrelevant I think. I doubt it would loose to much with LC. Never seen times 0-200 km/h better than 12,8 s for any RS4... Or Audi.

Im sure its an excellent wintercar with DSC.

It's easy to see that M6 is faster in very high speeds ...but over 402 m from standing still the M6 would get it's ass kicked ...by a 5 year old estate ..probably even with a dog in the back :harass:

And if the weather would be "Quattro" ...the RS4 would really disappear! That's when you were going to use the P400 Gustav? :doh:

:rs4kiss: //Magnus

buyalemon
October 27th, 2005, 13:11
Gustav ...I know you are a wise man ..I've read alot from you both here and in m5board. But in the world we live in ...you must agree that 0-200 is more relevant than 220-300? 100-200 than 200-300 ...how often do you drive in 300? I've done it once ..and I'm not that interested in doing it again :MTM:

The most BMW drivers that says "My car is great in the winter" have never driven an Audi during winter ...are you one of those?? I don't think so ...I think you have a quattro for the winterseason ...isn't it so? isn't it? :applause:

12,8 up to 200 is very quick ...but the M5 does 402 m in 12,7 right? That ACE RS4 is faster than that I'm sure ...my bloody old S2 did it in 12,8!

And yes ..it's way faster than any stock Audi (on dry tarmac) ..but it's also way more expensive than any sporty Audi ..:boring:

/Magnus

October 27th, 2005, 15:04
This is an ongoing thing and it will never end, beccus we are all diffrent peopel whit diffrent refrenses and wievs whats importent. So in the end no one can talk down the other.

To some its importent if a old super tuned audi is faster or not to 200km than a stock new BMW and we have to respect that, we all think diffrent.
I have freinds that have volvos that are not from this world( they are old cars). They are still faster than most supercars out ther due to maxed out tuning. I don not feel like a sucke when they leave me behind in a CSL.

Some think its not relevant to comperer car over 200km cuse its not in ther refrens, i respect that. As cars of today go up to 400kh/h its relevant i think, we all think diffrent, and thats no wrong in that

Some will onley go 300km/h once ande never again, and thers no wrong in that. We are all diffrent, not to strange

As i hope others respect that others hav diffrent refrenses!

I often go flat out in my cars, absolutley all they can go, for long times. That means 300km/h on speedo in the cars i drive, some cars slightly over 300km/h on speedo. Me personally think that its much more fun to go fast on track than on Aoutobhan. Its more of a challenge on track and not so importent what car you drive.

Its most about the driver and not the car on track, on the ring you can have 1000hp that do not mean nothing if you cant use your car. On a straight its more about the car, esspesally rolling starts and Aoutobhan.

I rather go flat out to the ski holiday in a RS6 than M5, that do not mean M5 cant make it. But sure quattro is to prefer, as well in rain and on dry M5/6 is way up as a drivers car.(in my wiew i dont take in other value than comunicating driving joy) If to say whitch cars is best, its impossibel, its as many diffrent answers as its members on this forum, we all have diffrent neead and value thing diffrent. Whats so strange about that.
Ask Erik J that have the yellow RS4, which car was fastest in Poland or on the ring. Its a car whit the smallest brakes and the low hp. Thats why track is fun, its not about the hp all time, its mostly driver related.
Cheers

Gustav
October 27th, 2005, 16:40
:applause: I said quarter mile was irrelevant. I never said 0-200 km/h was irrelevant.

I dont have a quattro for the winter.

How did you measured 0-200 km/h in your car?

Anyway, give me a video where an RS4 is faster than the new M Power V-10 and we can contiune the discussions.

Gustav ...I know you are a wise man ..I've read alot from you both here and in m5board. But in the world we live in ...you must agree that 0-200 is more relevant than 220-300? 100-200 than 200-300 ...how often do you drive in 300? I've done it once ..and I'm not that interested in doing it again :MTM:

The most BMW drivers that says "My car is great in the winter" have never driven an Audi during winter ...are you one of those?? I don't think so ...I think you have a quattro for the winterseason ...isn't it so? isn't it? :applause:

12,8 up to 200 is very quick ...but the M5 does 402 m in 12,7 right? That ACE RS4 is faster than that I'm sure ...my bloody old S2 did it in 12,8!

And yes ..it's way faster than any stock Audi (on dry tarmac) ..but it's also way more expensive than any sporty Audi ..:boring:

/Magnus

Gustav
October 27th, 2005, 16:57
FYI M5 performance:

BMW M5 E60 8.8 s
360 modena 11.4 s
360 stradale 11.1 s
996 turbo 10.4 s
996 GT3 (2003) 10.2 s
996 GT3 RS 9.3 s
SL55 AMG 9.5 s
575M Maranello 9.3s
Gallardo 9.0 s
Murcielago 8.9 s
996 GT2 (462ps) 8.4 s

Source: SportAuto

M5 vs M6 video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-997803908557772668&q=m5+m6

zumbalak
October 27th, 2005, 16:57
:applause: I said quarter mile was irrelevant. I never said 0-200 km/h was irrelevant.

I dont have a quattro for the winter.

How did you measured 0-200 km/h in your car?

Anyway, give me a video where an RS4 is faster than the new M Power V-10 and we can contiune the discussions.

Gustav, with this behavior you really start to sound like a big troll.

Does not look good on anybody to be a good troll. Honestly.

I mean you are sounding like an arrogant cockbutt BMW owner, and thus does not give a good impression about your personality.

Life is not about BMW, there is other stuff out there, and owning a BMW and being faster than this and that does not make you a decent human being. It is all about the character!

Gustav
October 27th, 2005, 17:00
I am replying to questins and statements that all.

Replying to questions from you and buyalemon.

zumbalak
October 27th, 2005, 17:11
And Gustav (can I call you a troll from now on :) )

Let me show you some time slips where the b5 s4, not the rs4 is waaaaaaayyyyyy faster than any m6 or m5 out there. Maybe at that time you will be saying to yourself, hmmm (m5 and m6 is not that fast after all).

http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi-S4-Timeslip-5193.html

http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi-S4-Timeslip-3641.html
( I dare you to be faster than this s4 in your m6 or m5, it will be so ugly you will never be driving again I bet my name on it. And it is a 98 model car, wow....)

It took this Audi s4 (the one that you think is always slower than the m cars) took only but only 9.93 seconds to reach 140mph, which is 225 km. Hmmm does the m6 or the m5 reach 225 km in how many seconds again?

http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi-S4-Timeslip-6492.html

http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi-S4-Timeslip-6528.html

http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi-S4-Timeslip-5198.html

http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi-S4-Timeslip-3310.html

I mean there are some time slips up there. I guess the m5 or the m6 is not really that fast after all.

Gustav
October 27th, 2005, 17:17
Well as I said above I think quarter miles are irrelevant. Too low speed. :revs:

But, yes they looks like they are fast.

zumbalak
October 27th, 2005, 17:19
Well as I said above I think quarter miles are irrelevant. Too low speed. :revs:

TOO LOW SPEED?

( I dare you to be faster than this s4 in your m6 or m5, it will be so ugly you will never be driving again I bet my name on it. And it is a 98 model car, wow....)

It took this Audi s4 (the one that you think is always slower than the m cars) took only but only 9.93 seconds to reach 140mph, which is 225 km. Hmmm does the m6 or the m5 reach 225 km in how many seconds again?

OWND :)

zumbalak
October 27th, 2005, 17:28
Well as I said above I think quarter miles are irrelevant. Too low speed.

How about this one
http://www.s4biturbo.com/timeslips_detail.cgi?handle=Ozz%20S4%20Killer-10.655

It took only 10.6 seconds to reach 130 miles, which is 210 kmh.

Is it still too slow for ya? Huh? Life in the fast lane?

http://www.s4biturbo.com/timeslips_detail.cgi?handle=Ozz%20S4%20Killer-9.933
And this one, still to slow for ya?
Only 9.9 seconds to 150 miles, 241kmh

How about http://www.s4biturbo.com/timeslips_detail.cgi?handle=Big%20Blue%20Machine-11.263
11.2 seconds to 125 mph, 201kmh
Still not fast enough for ya?

Well I wonder seriously the m5 or the m6, how long does it take them to reach 200 kmh?

A LOT MORE THAN THE ABOVE CARS :)

BTW These s4s don't just look like they are fast. THEY ACTUALLY ARE REALLLLLLLLYYYY FAST. FASTER THAN SOME CARS THAT WE KNOW :D

Gustav
October 27th, 2005, 17:28
I like races on tracks or on the street. Drag strip is not for me :D Also, drags strips have special surfaces and they also have special tyres. That is not what happens in real life.

Anyway, nice find and video of that racing something in the real world would also be fun to see.

I am not a quarter mile person :nono:

Speaking of behaviour I think you are starting to sound more like a troll yourself.

zumbalak
October 27th, 2005, 17:37
I like races on tracks or on the street. Drag strip is not for me :D Also, drags strips have special surfaces and they also have special tyres. That is not what happens in real life.

Anyway, nice find and video of that racing something in the real world would also be fun to see.

I am not a quarter mile person :nono:

Speaking of behaviour I think you are starting to sound more like a troll yourself.

I am not the person like you Gustav.

Did you see me going in to the BMW forums and post the 1/4ml times of the tuned s4's and say, hey look how fast the s4 is, waaaay faster than the m6, m5 or the m3?

Did you see me doing that?

Did I post the time slips of the s4s reaching 230 kmh in 9.9 seconds and say, hey look at how fast this car is, wayyy faster than the m5 or the m6.

Did I do that?

I don't think so.

On the other hand you have done the behavior of a troll. You can post a video, but defending the video till the end without giving props and credit to where it is due is the behavior of trolling IMHO.

And you like races in streets where you endanger the lives of others doing 250kmh. Surely that is a great way of looking at how much one cares for others safety I guess. And in Sweden as I recall the speed limit is like 120kmh in the highways. It really shows how much of a responsible driver you are prefering your need for speed to do it in the public roads rather than the drag strip. (Maybe you know that you will lose badly to many cars in the drag strip?)

Gustav
October 27th, 2005, 17:47
We have different definitions of behaviour. Comparing cars I think is fine in other forums. Name calling and the like is not OK.

I am not defending the vidoe, I am stating facts. You are trying to find errors in the video, which I simply respond to.

No, you didnt post anything becasue you didnt do anything yourself. You are more than welcome to www.m6board.com if you have a nice Audi vs. M6 race you want to post.

PS: Actually the limit is 110 km/h in Sweden :idea: But this was done on airfields and in Germany :applause:

zumbalak
October 27th, 2005, 17:53
I like races on tracks or on the street

This was exactly what you have said as I recall.

Racing in the streets is the best way to go I guess :0:

:mech:

Anyways, we now know the fact that nicely tuned s4 are way faster than the m5 or the m6 to 0-200kmh (which was relevant to you). Huge props to Audi s4 and rs4. And huge props to audi and bmw for making amazing cars with amazing engines.

zumbalak
October 27th, 2005, 18:03
PS: Actually the limit is 110 km/h in Sweden :idea: But this was done on airfields and in Germany :applause:

BTW I am still lauging after I have seen the video one more time, and read your comment above.

I mean cmon, lying ???? Do you have to lie about it? :nono:

In the video it clearly shows the street lights that have been placed on the highway, it clearly shows a couple of cars coming from the other side of the highway, it clearly shows the highway signs on the side of the road. It clearly shows the cars you guys are approaching to.

I did not know the planes were landing on the highway in Germany or Sweden or elsewhere. :harass:

Airfields hahahaha, man I mean I am out of words to that statement. Anyways as again endangering the lives of others while doing 250kmh is not a well behavior of a person. For high speeds go to the strip and face some modded s4's :)

OWND :applause:

Erik
October 27th, 2005, 18:04
Anything is possible with the right tuning.

It is also a fact that Klas's M5 was beaten on the highway by an RS4. I think the tuning on that RS4 was sort of 'home made,' but I'm not sure.

Low 14 sec times in RS4s have been recorded by sport auto several times with around 450 hp. Not enough, but 450 hp is only the start for the 2.7T. These tuned cars also beat the M5 on Hockenheim (1.14,6). And that's the old RS4.

Still, we're comparing stock vs. tuned. Which is fun sometimes :D

http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=833

MTM RS4 Avant :rs4addict

0 - 100 4,0 sec
0 - 200 12,4 sec :bye:
0 - 300 37,5 sec

Top speed 327 km/h

MTM Bimoto
0 - 100 3,6 sec
0 - 200 10,0 sec :wo:
0 - 300 23,2 sec
Top speed 371 km/h

alex_s3
October 27th, 2005, 18:31
402 m is irrelevant I think. I doubt it would loose to much with LC. Never seen times 0-200 km/h better than 12,8 s for any RS4... Or Audi.

heheh... Nice specs for the audi's.. well both M5 and M6 has been beaten og RS4 and S4 (tuned)... and they hade BETTER times than 12,8 sec... I have a movie of an S2 doing 1/4mile in 8,40 Sec!! Thats better than all BMW dragtimes.. (tuned)

Gustav
October 27th, 2005, 19:55
The one klas raced had huge heavy 21 inch wheels = donwtuned.

Yup, those are oncoming UFO's you see regarding lights. :hihi:

Originally posted by Erik

MTM Bimoto
0 - 100 3,6 sec
0 - 200 10,0 sec :wo:
0 - 300 23,2 sec
Top speed 371 km/h

Gustav
October 27th, 2005, 19:56
I would love to see some videos vs. M cars
:revs:

Originally posted by alex_s3
heheh... Nice specs for the audi's.. well both M5 and M6 has been beaten og RS4 and S4 (tuned)... and they hade BETTER times than 12,8 sec... I have a movie of an S2 doing 1/4mile in 8,40 Sec!! Thats better than all BMW dragtimes.. (tuned)

zumbalak
October 27th, 2005, 19:57

Yup, those are oncoming UFO's you see regarding lights. :hihi:

You'd better be careful with the UFO's next time, one may crash in to your face :D

But I will accept you are a crappy liar :applause:

October 27th, 2005, 20:03
Moral talk dont lead anywere. We all have diffrent moral, dont even go ther on a forum.

Its not so fair in my mind to compere tuned to stock, but as Audi dont deliver anything stock that got a fair chance against M5/6 i guess Gustav did it for this reason. M6 is one of the fastest stock cars out now in its segment, and kind of cheep if looking whats the preformans are i think, but sure you can make an beetel faster and its cheeper.

I can bring out a friends old volvo 240 that kicks most buts, in a drag. But just beccuse of that its not like its a car i want to own and drive around in:rolleyes: I prefer a M6 or newRS4 even they are slow if compered. Even if you give me an S4/ S2 or nissan that can fly to space tuned as hell, my pick is still a stock M6 or RS4 or that kind of car or gallardo.

Thats just my personal choice, and yes i know not everybody would do the same choice. We are all diffrent, and thats whats great.

And i cant for once understand how peopel can get upset just for peopel post and talk other cars than Audi on this forum.
M5/M/6 is hell of a car even if you are all into Audi this must be easy to see. Maybe am wrong and i hope thats the case, but my impression is that some peopel just wont open their eyes to see this just for they dont want to, just beccuse they are into Audi.

Its child behavior.

Or just its me that ther is wrong whit as i love all cars espessaly a necksnapping gearchainging M5/6 as well as RS6/4 as well as Ferrari and the lot, all cars so diffrent all do things better than the other in diffrent parts, all fast. Some better drivers cars than others, some better all year around cars.

I guess i get it hard in chosing the forum i want to spend my time as all are so brand orientaited, whats for the guy that likes all sportscar in a way :p

exE46M3
October 27th, 2005, 20:26
Originally posted by Erik
Anything is possible with the right tuning.

I agree... :thumb:

Save As... (http://media.eurotuned.com/BMW_nolinking/BMW_E30_M3_Turbo_946QM_worldrecord.wmv)

The MTM Bimoto is an impressive exercise... 370HP/engine and I remember reading somewhere that bored engines with bigger turbos will put out ~500HP each! :MTM:

How many have been built/delivered to date? I thought they went for like 600K Euros... :confused:

buyalemon
October 27th, 2005, 20:59
Gustav ...402 M is irrelevant ..but 0-200 is very relevant?? If you have a fast car ..it's basically the same thing.

My S2 did not do 0-200 in 12,8 ...but it dit 402 in 12,8 I think I had around 180 km/h when I finished..at Emmaboda dragstrip by Bilsport.

//Magnus

Audihead
October 27th, 2005, 22:30
Let's stay on topic and limit the name calling and inuendo.
Please, and thank you.:0:

Gustav
October 27th, 2005, 23:17
I wonder how your car would feel (or you) after a 3000 km trip on a weekend. :deal:

Ill pick the M6 thank you :) ALso, I think the M6 would be faster than a 4WD S2 over 200 km/h as well thanks to gearing and no 4WD loss of power.

Gustav ...402 M is irrelevant ..but 0-200 is very relevant?? If you have a fast car ..it's basically the same thing.

My S2 did not do 0-200 in 12,8 ...but it dit 402 in 12,8 I think I had around 180 km/h when I finished..at Emmaboda dragstrip by Bilsport.

//Magnus

buyalemon
October 27th, 2005, 23:47
The S2 is long gone by the way ...and I would also ofcourse rather drive a M6 infront of a 90' sek 10 year old S2!! :hihi:
But it was a darn quick car ..for 30' sek more I'd been running low 11 on the strip ...but as you've said ..life is more than a dragstrip.

Don't really know where this thread is going :vhmmm: ...but it was a nice one :0: ...I have a buddy who have written a "master" on the topic "Is it true that BMW-people in a higher rate stay with their brand"..his result was that BMW and Audi people are very sceptic to drive other brands!
In these kind of threads ...this shows very clearly.

The war will go on when the next RS6 arrives ...and the same with the E90 M3 :revs: ..even if the M3 is faster ...I'd still dream about the RS4 :love:

//Magnus

Gustav
October 27th, 2005, 23:49
..and you know what kind of engine the RS6 will have :hihi:

buyalemon
October 28th, 2005, 09:10
:hihi: two of my S2 engines :mech: ...inline fives is our department :bow:

gjg
October 28th, 2005, 20:48
I like races on tracks or on the street. Drag strip is not for me

well, speaking of that I had an oportunity on a=bahn with new M5 couple days ago. For about 60 km run over some hilly area, outside temp. 8 C, dry, lite traffic.

I do not know anything about M5 configuration, this had the new body, twin dual pipes and prick inside, so I'd say it had to be M5... :harass:

The driver description is not as much related to the car he was driving but the car plates ....

Anyway, up to about 160 (km/h) M5 was a little slower, between 160-200 about the same, 200-240 little faster, above 240 slower.

Can't speak about the driver, gearing, engine, anything .. just the way the guy acted really pissed off at the end made my day ... could not make an old dirty station wagon with brand new polished M5 and blond chick inside .... uh uh

and, btw, my car is stock :incar: :bye2:

What was the difference between bmw and porcupine again?

:applause:

Benman
October 28th, 2005, 22:10
Originally posted by 8:05 RS6

Its not so fair in my mind to compere tuned to stock...

Gustav stated this comparison, NOT Audi folk.

a friends old volvo 240 that kicks most buts, in a drag. But just beccuse of that its not like its a car i want to own and drive around in:rolleyes:
You make a very good point. But a tuned S4 is HARDLY a 240 Volvo...

whats for the guy that likes all sportscar in a way :p Gote, couldn't agree with you more on that one.:thumb:

The M6 is a FANTASTIC vehicle. M5s are fantastic vehicles. With that said, I'll never own one, but as you bring out, that is JUST an opinion, nothing more. :cheers:

Originally posted by gjg
What was the difference between bmw and porcupine again?

Well, look at George. Just when things were starting to calm down, he stirs it back up.:applause: :applause:

Ben:addict:

zumbalak
October 29th, 2005, 00:33
Actually everything is calm without a problem, meanwhile we all know that m5 and m6 are great cars. But I guess the BMW guys think that they are not as great or something, that they have to do everything to try to prove they are great cars, otherwise why they would be jumping from one forum to another and posting the videos of bmw racing some other cars.

On the note though: I honestly do not think I will ever believe a guy who already lied about the race being done in an air field meanwhile it clearly is on the highway. So in my opinion in this video we clearly see that a nicely modified rs4 whoops the ass of the new m6 (and the m6 is really an awesome car, but not that super I guess :) ) all the way to high speeds 240-250+kmh. (I will not believe a word the m6 driver stating trying to justify the ass whoop by the rs4, saying oh I gave the upper hand, i passed him at 180kmh etc etc, because he lied about a major fact about the video).

B///MW
October 29th, 2005, 12:18
Actually everything is calm without a problem, meanwhile we all know that m5 and m6 are great cars. But I guess the BMW guys think that they are not as great or something, that they have to do everything to try to prove they are great cars, otherwise why they would be jumping from one forum to another and posting the videos of bmw racing some other cars.

On the note though: I honestly do not think I will ever believe a guy who already lied about the race being done in an air field meanwhile it clearly is on the highway. So in my opinion in this video we clearly see that a nicely modified rs4 whoops the ass of the new m6 (and the m6 is really an awesome car, but not that super I guess :) ) all the way to high speeds 240-250+kmh. (I will not believe a word the m6 driver stating trying to justify the ass whoop by the rs4, saying oh I gave the upper hand, i passed him at 180kmh etc etc, because he lied about a major fact about the video).

bla bla bla ... u can't seem to take the lost like gentleman.

You don't have to believe, the video proves everything, M6 is the winner, and the Audi RS4 is the loser ...

if Gustav didn't give him the upper hand, it would be hard to see how M6 perform against the Audi.

Zumbalak .. please don't act like ignorant idiot :doh:

B///MW
October 29th, 2005, 12:30
TOO LOW SPEED?

OWND :)

can you find a STOCK AUDI that's faster than STOCK M6?

now who's got OWNED? :doh:

B///MW
October 29th, 2005, 12:38
How about this one
http://www.s4biturbo.com/timeslips_detail.cgi?handle=Ozz%20S4%20Killer-10.655

It took only 10.6 seconds to reach 130 miles, which is 210 kmh.

Is it still too slow for ya? Huh? Life in the fast lane?

http://www.s4biturbo.com/timeslips_detail.cgi?handle=Ozz%20S4%20Killer-9.933
And this one, still to slow for ya?
Only 9.9 seconds to 150 miles, 241kmh

How about http://www.s4biturbo.com/timeslips_detail.cgi?handle=Big%20Blue%20Machine-11.263
11.2 seconds to 125 mph, 201kmh
Still not fast enough for ya?

Well I wonder seriously the m5 or the m6, how long does it take them to reach 200 kmh?

A LOT MORE THAN THE ABOVE CARS :)

BTW These s4s don't just look like they are fast. THEY ACTUALLY ARE REALLLLLLLLYYYY FAST. FASTER THAN SOME CARS THAT WE KNOW :D

but not faster than this car:

http://www.discovery-automotive.com/portal/modules.php?name=Static_Content&id=4

:doh:

gjg
October 29th, 2005, 12:49
but not faster than this car:

http://www.discovery-automotive.com...ic_Content&id=4

what was the price tag on this one?

Erik
October 29th, 2005, 15:12
You should listen to the moderators.