PDA

View Full Version : So what to expect during my wait [US Mkt]

Rstr
October 20th, 2005, 01:49
Original RS6 Owners [US]: What was your experience like?
My dealer tells me the car will be here in April. The ordering will be in Jan. How far off were your dealers in regards to ordering and delivery? Did Audi USA provide updates after your orders were placed?

I'm just getting anxious and want my car already! :rs4addict

Audihead
October 20th, 2005, 20:44
There is a dealers meeting in Chicago today @ the RS4 and a few other models. You should contact your Dealer rep at the beginning of next week. They should have all the details they were provided by then. I was told this by my dealer last night.:rs4addict :0:

Randy M
October 20th, 2005, 22:49
I don't know about you guys but I'm going nucking futs over this long ass wait:MTM:

Benman
October 21st, 2005, 00:29
Originally posted by Rstr
How far off were your dealers in regards to ordering and delivery? Did Audi USA provide updates after your orders were placed?

I'm just getting anxious and want my car already! :rs4addict
Dealers are at the mercy of AOA, so can't blame their info too much. My dealer was not very accurate during the wait but did their best.

Audi USA did jack squat during the wait as far as updates but did provide two interesting things. One was the "leather" info packet. The other was the cool RS 6 website for the owners. No, it was not very accurate, but at least it was something to do while we waited.

As far as you being anxious, that was so EVERYBODY here in the States with their RS 6s. Everyone posted how they couldn't wait any longer to get their Beasts.

But I can also clearly remember the day when everyone got theirs. When nene, Bajo, RSFever, Bauer, JAX, Jimmy, Stu, Aronis, Finnus, nyrs6, iconcls, JP4, GoFastKindaGuy, bilbozilla, jconley (what the heck ever happened to that guy? Anyone know?), etc. just to name a few...

Now I didn't mention guys like Nord, gjg, 8:29RS6 (now 8:05RS6), the Brit and of COURSE the very FIRST guy on this board to post taking possesion: Dave (Welcome back:thumb: ), because you asked for what is was like for us in the US. :D

There where many others for sure, but my point is that I STILL remember how excited everyone was. When Dave took possesion and all of us just read about it, and his first month with the Beast report... ah... the memories.:D Then when the guys here started getting theirs and the rest of us would read their posts, oh how it made the waiting even HARDER (yet more enjoyable at the same time!) because we knew we had just a short time to go. But every month, every week, we got just a little bit closer. A day sooner to driving off for the first time. It was such a cool feeling.

Yeah, it blew sometimes having to wait so long, but in the end, I'll never forget how awesome it was to take delivery, how cool it was reading about everyone else taking delivery and enjoying the moment. So yeah, they'll be times that you'll want to pack it in, they'll be times that you get tired of the wait, but ONCE you read of the first delivery, ONCE you start hearing about the first US deliveries and read all that excitement, it WILL get easier. It WILL get better.

And in the end, when YOU are the one that drives off in that new (not second hand) RS 4, YOU will be the one posting all the hype and excitment you had been reading about for months. And in that, how I envy you.:cheers:

Ben:addict: :rs6kiss:

Audihead
October 21st, 2005, 16:56
Ben you always come through. Very nice write-up! I was also told that the 1st 4 months of production for the U.S. are spec'd out by the factory. I believe the only choices you'll have will be interior and exterior colors. I hope they have a good amount of equipment on these cars.:rs4addict

Benman
October 21st, 2005, 17:26
Originally posted by Audihead
Very nice write-up!
Thanks,

Make no mistake, the waiting does suck, but man o man, when you get it...:wo: :wo: :wo: :D

And there are some who didn't have the same awesome experience, like my buddy HyOctane. His has been one of the negative. But even he will tell you that he WAS just like a kid in the candy store the day he picked his RS 6 up. It WILL be the same for you guys.

Enjoy the sweet torture.:hihi: :rs4kiss:

Ben:addict: :rs6kiss:

Audihead
October 25th, 2005, 17:26
Well i just talked to my salesman and his manager last night. Here's the skinny so far. The base price will be $66K for the RS4. The first few months of production are spec'd out by the factory. This means you will only have a choice of interior and exterior colors. The paperwork (Ordering Guide) with everything else should be to the dealers no later than Oct. 31st. This means by the middle of next week we should have full pricing for the car and how it will be spec'd out in the beginning.:0: To all that have their money down already. I was also told that the first cars should start arriving in April.<------- We'll see about that one.:D

Rstr
October 25th, 2005, 17:55
Thanks for the advice Ben. Cheers! :cheers:

Do they give me a brochure b/f I pluck down my checkbook or what? :idea:
Or do I pay first and then details later? :deal:

Audihead
October 25th, 2005, 18:26

Do they give me a brochure b/f I pluck down my checkbook or what? :idea:
Or do I pay first and then details later? :deal:

I believe the latter will happen. They will have the ordering guide, place your order. Then everything should fall into place after that. Heck, i didn't even recieve my welcome packet for my S car until 8 months after i took delivery of the car. Also i was told, the RS4 will make it's North American debut at the NAIS in Detroit in January.

Audihead
November 3rd, 2005, 22:20
And so it starts. October has come and gone, no ordering guide as promised by the 31st. Now it is anybody's guess as to what happens next. Anyone have any new info to share?:rs4addict

Erik
November 3rd, 2005, 22:29
Rumor I heard from a reliable source.

When the RS6 was introduced zee Germans was in command.

This time it's taken care of by AOA.

Good luck! :rolleyes:

Rstr
November 3rd, 2005, 23:08
Originally posted by Erik

What exactly are we missing by not having the Germans launch this thing. Were they planning to throw in a Hasselhoff CD with our cars?

Benman
November 3rd, 2005, 23:37
What exactly are we missing by not having the Germans launch this thing. Were they planning to throw in a Hasselhoff CD with our cars?
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Ben:addict:

Audihead
November 4th, 2005, 16:55
Originally posted by Erik

Sweet, No Hasselhoff and AOA is running the show!:doh: :hihi:
This is going to be to be fun.:dance: :rs4addict

Finnus
November 4th, 2005, 17:52
I was scheduled to get one of the first RS6s in the US (I had plunked my deposit down a year and 3 months prior to delivery).

The Audi RS6 website showed that my car had arrived but that it was stuck in port. The story I was told was that it was missing a f---ing manual! I had to wait 2 more weeks fro delivery.

Once you get the beast, you forget the torturous wait!

And I'm still loving every minute of driving it - I took Wed. off this week and went to Vermont ...

Finnus
:addict: :addict: :addict:

Benman
November 4th, 2005, 19:15
Originally posted by Benman

But I can also clearly remember the day when everyone got theirs. When nene, Bajo, RSFever, Bauer, JAX, Jimmy, Stu, Aronis, Finnus...

Yeah Bob,

Those were good times, good times...:D

:wo: :wo:
Ben:addict:

Finnus
November 4th, 2005, 19:53
Yeah Bob, Those were good times, good times...

Ben,

Yes, they were exciting times (the first RS model in the US!!!) and there are plenty more to come! WHen I first heard I was at my Audi dealer. I drove immediately home and back to put my deposit down.

Finnus
:addict:

Troubled
November 29th, 2005, 18:20
Originally posted by Audihead
And so it starts. October has come and gone, no ordering guide as promised by the 31st. Now it is anybody's guess as to what happens next. Anyone have any new info to share?:rs4addict

Ordering guides mid-December. First deliveries May 2006. Base in low $70s.

Might be saying goodbye to Audi, unfortunately, at least for the moment.

Audihead
November 29th, 2005, 18:56
^
Base is 66K. First models are spec'd from factory. Expecting the ordering guide sometime in Jan. Anyone's guess when they will be cleared from port. I think the whole process is 2 1/2 Months behind the schedule Audi had originally wanted. The original schedule was:
Oct. Ordering Guide
Jan. 24th Start Production
Feb. 24th Start Shipments
Mar. 24th Release from port
@ 2nd or 3rd week of Apr. arrv. dealerships

From this I surmise; we may see the cars in July.