PDA

View Full Version : finally got the bug and the car

shimmy
October 17th, 2005, 22:54
Well after suddenly having a rush of enthusiasm for visiting dealers and testing some good cars at about 15k to 25k miles i have finally got a mugello blue/silver leather RS6 Avant which has covered 17k miles.

I have seen 4-5 mainly m/blue cars with a variety of extras and conditons but decided this was the one as it had a few less miles on it and all of the extras I wanted.

Gets delivered this Friday so will have to sell the 740i Sport that I have had for a year whilst I was doing some serious motorway miles. The 740is was a great car but despite the power and comfort it was getting a little boring as I had bought it after 5 years with an E39 M5.

Never sold a car before that has nothing wrong with it and never had in 12 months ownership. Wife thinks I am mad getting rid of it. I have told her that we need an estate as we are now expecting the 3 kid next year and we refuse to buy a MPV. I haven't told her about the 2 turbos yet. The wife has alrady asked if she can take it (as it is an estate) to her mothers next week for a few days with the kids and leave me with her car. Must find a good reason why not! Any ideas??

I hope the RS6 lives at least up with the M5. I am sure it will although expecting a few things better and some not so good. I dont want to get my expectations too high

Cannot wait for Friday to come when it is delivered. Will be a good day except for handing over the cheque.

SpinEcho
October 17th, 2005, 23:13
Welcome!

Keep us updated. In particular, let us know what you think of the RS compared to your E39 M5 once you've driven it for a bit. :thumb:

Bingocaller
October 18th, 2005, 00:29
Congrats! Looking forward to your opinion

Regarding the wife and the road trip, just tell her it has to be broken in (even though is isnt new), and add alot of tech stuff like the tires needs to be perfectly balanced :hihi: and the oil has to reach a surtain temp bla bla :p and before u know it u are out a your trouple :D

Or u could go the easy way and just tell here u are going in for your 100 miles service that week :mech: :thumb: :applause:

Loving the part that you haven told here about the two "spinners" in front :addict:

Happy motoring

Benman
October 18th, 2005, 15:19
Originally posted by shimmy
The wife has alrady asked if she can take it (as it is an estate) to her mothers next week for a few days with the kids and leave me with her car. Must find a good reason why not! Any ideas??

shimmy,

Welcome to the forum.:thumb:
As for the excuse, you're on your own.:p Bingocaller's is worth a try.:D (Until she figures out it's already broken in!)

Ben:addict:

shimmy
October 18th, 2005, 22:07
Originally posted by Bingocaller
Congrats! Looking forward to your opinion

Loving the part that you haven told here about the two "spinners" in front :addict:

Happy motoring

:applause: :applause: :applause:

i guess she'll find out when she tries to overtake. I must hand it to her though she dealt with the M5 really well and she drove it loads.

almost worth letting her take the RS6 to see her face when she gets back!!