PDA

View Full Version : Frank Stippler: "7:58" is no problem

Erik
October 14th, 2005, 10:55
As you may know I drove the RS4 on Gotland Ring (Sweden) last Saturday. I then flew to Nürburgring, Germany, and was lucky enough to meet Frank Stippler (Audi DTM-driver) driving VIPs in teh new Audi RS4.
What a day! Lovely summer weather once the morning fog cleared.

According to F. Stippler he drive the Audi RS4 around the Nürbrugring in 7.58 with P Zero Corsa.

This is a very fast time!
27 seconds faster than the precious RS4 and 22 seconds faster than the M3 E46.
Source: http://www.track-challenge.com/main_e.asp?useframe=comparison1_e.asp?Car1=2%26Car 2=10
Unfortunately there was no possibility for me to get a passanger lap this time but the VIPs who did came back with eyes wide open. :bigeyes:

And as I was leaving and getting my rental car a Pagani Zonda parked beside it. Needless to say I stayed another 2 hours and witnessed Horst von Saurma drive the Ferrari F430 and the Pagani Zonda F for the supertest.

I spoke to the test driver / chief editor of sport auto Horst von Saurma about the RS4 time and he said that "7:58" is quite possible. However they will not test it until the spring.

For more info on Mr Stippler: http://www.frank-stippler.de/

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/504/2Ringen-RS4-2000.jpg

The "old" RS4 Avant vs. the new Audi RS4. Mr Stippler ready to enter the blue devil.

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/504/2Ringen-RS4-_173.jpg

RS4 and Porsche GT3 RS. Note the Nürburgring statue in the back.

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/504/2Ringen-RS4-_161.jpg

Frank Stippler, Audi DTM driver behind the wheel.

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/504/2Ringen-RS4-_148.jpg

On the way out to the entrance to the track

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/504/2Ringen-RS4-_095.jpg

Stealing the show. Ferrari F430 and Pagani Zonda F about to be 'supertested.'

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/504/2Ringen-RS4-_269.jpg

:D LOL! Team Pagani fine tuning the Zonda F before the test.
Mr. Pagani himself to the left. Or should I say Mr. Bang-gani :D :D

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/506/2Ringen-RS4-2001.jpg

Mr. Horst von Saurma in front of the Ferrari F430 on P Zero Corsas. "7:58" is quite possible with the Audi RS4.

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/510/2Ringen-RS4-2002.jpg

Pics from the http://www.rs6.com/gallery

Have a look, I might throw in a bonus or two ;)

7:53 RS6
October 14th, 2005, 11:13
Nice story and pics Erik!
Im pretty sure Stippler would drive the CSL a bit under 7.50 if you know what i mean.

Im sure lokking forward to Horst tryout, it will be wery intresting to se if he get it under Stippler.

If he get it under CSL 7.50 you have my word i will change car instant:D And you know to what car i change then:p :rolleyes:

Erik
October 14th, 2005, 11:22
Originally posted by 8:05 RS6
Im pretty sure Stippler would drive the CSL a bit under 7.50 if you know what i mean.

Yes, I think Stippler is probably a bit sharper than HvS but we'll see. It's nice to see it is possible to get confirmation on a time below 8:00, it's lower than I expected.

:rs4addict

October 14th, 2005, 12:16
Originally posted by Erik
Yes, I think Stippler is probably a bit sharper than HvS but we'll see. It's nice to see it is possible to get confirmation on a time below 8:00, it's lower than I expected.

What was expected? Do we may have a thred here when we was guessing what RS4 would do round the ring?

Stipplers lap, is it official?

Erik
October 14th, 2005, 13:03
Stipplers lap, is it official?

Official and official. If he tells me he tells me, I just made it official :D

Another note. Stippler said you can add 10-12 secs for a car with normal tires. That's still M5 terrirtory.

I expected a time around 8:02-8:10.

Benman
October 14th, 2005, 16:07
Nice story and pics Erik!

Amazing and AMAZING!:bigeyes: :applause: :thumb:

After all the speculation, now comes something at least approaching tangible. Yes Gote, the CSL might be 10 seconds faster, but dang, that is a CSL WITH R compounds like the RS 4, so all things being equal, within ten seconds to the CSL is quite good!

Last I checked on track challenge, a Challenge Stradale WITH R compounds runs a 7:56! My goodness, the RS 4 is within a few ticks! And that is a car with VERY few creature comforts and room for two butts ONLY!:thumb:

"10-12 seconds for regular tires", even if it was 15 seconds, that would put the RS 4 on PAR with the ALL NEW M5! Incredible! So the quys at quattro GmbH wre NOT pulling my leg when they smiled about the Ring times and said, "Just wait and see".

Well done, well done indeed for a car with the whole freaking engine hanging out in front of the wheels!:applause: :applause:

Ben:addict: :rs4addict

buyalemon
October 14th, 2005, 16:54
No M&M today? ...really misses that guy right now :dance:

Erik
October 14th, 2005, 17:41
Originally posted by buyalemon
No M&M today? ...really misses that guy right now

Hey, don't start it! :nono:

October 14th, 2005, 18:19
Originally posted by Benman
Amazing and AMAZING!:bigeyes: :applause: :thumb:

After all the speculation, now comes something at least approaching tangible. Yes Gote, the CSL might be 10 seconds faster, but dang, that is a CSL WITH R compounds like the RS 4, so all things being equal, within ten seconds to the CSL is quite good!

Last I checked on track challenge, a Challenge Stradale WITH R compounds runs a 7:56! My goodness, the RS 4 is within a few ticks! And that is a car with VERY few creature comforts and room for two butts ONLY!:thumb:

"10-12 seconds for regular tires", even if it was 15 seconds, that would put the RS 4 on PAR with the ALL NEW M5! Incredible! So the quys at quattro GmbH wre NOT pulling my leg when they smiled about the Ring times and said, "Just wait and see".

Well done, well done indeed for a car with the whole freaking engine hanging out in front of the wheels!:applause: :applause:

Sure Ben CSL is one Dang of a car for sure :D :) but its not eqal before we get Horst lap time whit RS4:D then it fair, well even CSL is an old car and RS4 brand new:rolleyes: I just hope Horst dont go faster then Stippler in RS4.(hi,hi)

Well as I said in erlyer post, RS4 will go better on a fast track as the ring than i did at Hockenheim. The engin hanging out is not an big issue on the ring, well not if we compare to slower tracks anyway.

10 sek is how much a difrens we all want it to be. CSL is just 10 sek after carrera GT;) according to track challenge;) sure its not on r-compound and it differ in temp on air and asphalt when CGT and CSL was tested.

Well, well i dont want to take the credit of RS4, its heck of a car anyway, and i will own one and go to the mountains in winter time and i guess my CSL is not much worth then:applause: :rs4addict

Erik semed to had a jolly god time anyway:thumb:

Benman
October 14th, 2005, 19:48
Hey, don't start it! :nono:
Amen, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Sure Ben CSL is one Dang of a car for sure...

That is for sure. That the RS 4 can get so close to it's Ring times... don't worry Gote, there is nothing you COULD say to take credit away from the Mini Beast!
:D :thumb:

Vorsprung
October 14th, 2005, 20:11
The fact that the RS4 is a 4-door saloon that can be used all year round, and not a hardcore 2-door coupe track car only, like the CSL, is what makes the RS4 such a success (especially if it is running so close to the M3 CSL's track time) which is the pure objective of the CSL being built - a track car!!

Me thinks the RS4 is gonna be surprising a lot of people!!:rs4kiss:

M&M
October 14th, 2005, 20:23
WOW My grandather's gardener told me the V8 M3 will do 6:06 on ice. WTF?

I can't believe you guys get excited about getting within 10 secs of a CSL. That's actually a joke. CSl was released in 2002.

If the RS4 on street tyres beats the M5, then that's great. We should all go buy RS4's for the track.

steve
October 14th, 2005, 21:03
Originally posted by Vorsprung
The fact that the RS4 is a 4-door saloon that can be used all year round, and not a hardcore 2-door coupe track car only, like the CSL, is what makes the RS4 such a success (especially if it is running so close to the M3 CSL's track time) which is the pure objective of the CSL being built - a track car!!

Me thinks the RS4 is gonna be surprising a lot of people!!:rs4kiss:

agreed!

October 14th, 2005, 21:13
Sure Ben CSL is one Dang of a car for sure :D :) but its not eqal before we get Horst lap time whit RS4:D then it fair, well even CSL is an old car and RS4 brand new:rolleyes: I just hope Horst dont go faster then Stippler in RS4.(hi,hi)

Well as I said in erlyer post, RS4 will go better on a fast track as the ring than i did at Hockenheim. The engin hanging out is not an big issue on the ring, well not if we compare to slower tracks anyway.

10 sek is how much a difrens we all want it to be. CSL is just 10 sek after carrera GT;) according to track challenge;) sure its not on r-compound and it differ in temp on air and asphalt when CGT and CSL was tested.

Well, well i dont want to take the credit of RS4, its heck of a car anyway, and i will own one and go to the mountains in winter time and i guess my CSL is not much worth then:applause: :rs4addict

Edit: CSL is 10 sek after CGT, does that mean CSL is as fast as CGT, in my opinion far from it :noshake:

Erik semed to had a jolly god time anyway:thumb:

Edit: CSL is 10 sek after CGT, does that mean CSL is as fast as CGT, in my opinion far from it :noshake: :D

buyalemon
October 14th, 2005, 21:23
7:58 is no problem ...does this mean the car might do it in 7:52? ...I guess Mr Stippler is one of few who knows. By the way ..how fast was 996 turbo??

//Magnus

M&M
October 14th, 2005, 22:13
RS4 is a good car. I lik the engine concept & the more rear-biased quattro. The price will be crucial to its success or failure.

Benman
October 14th, 2005, 23:25
Originally posted by M&M

Curse your hide buyalemon!!!:D You just HAD to get him going didn't you?:trash:

Don't you ever watch "That 70's Show"? Remember the mother telling young Erick Forman, "Erick, how many times did I tell you, don't poke the bear, DON'T poke the bear!":D

Ben:addict:

Kram
October 14th, 2005, 23:30
Not trying to magnify the numbers, but the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup are much better than the Pirelli P Zero Corsas in lap time. Sport Auto Magazine did a test that showed 0,5sec of difference between them on the same day/track/driver. In the same test they claimed an average difference of 2sec from R-tires over “normal “ tires. So a 25% gain.

Too much math and theory, but I think that the RS4 is even closer to the CSL, but with much much more amenities.

Remembering that I’m very upset by the fact that the RS4 comes with a screamer NA engine.

Julz RS4
October 15th, 2005, 00:51
Pictures reports from the famous Nordschleife Ring is always great. :incar:
When Frank Stippler is behind the wheel of the new RS4 doing the ring in 7:58, this is even better. :rs4addict

S3 freak
October 15th, 2005, 01:40
I think those numbers are very impressive. Am I wrong or the new RS4 is the first Audi to do the Ring is less than 8 min?? Despite the fact that it has no turbos, it seems that Audi Quattro GmbH did a pretty decent job :applause: :applause: . Let´s hope that with a few more laps around the ring it can get closer to the CSL times.. :rs4addict :rs4addict
Does anyone know what were the weather and track conditions during this test??

October 15th, 2005, 09:27
If Pirelli P zero is a less god tier than Michelin Cup, i guess Audi did wrong even when chosing tier manufactor. They are looking and aming for BMW so it was their bad,:D Do you think Audi would deliver a sportscar as RS4 whit bad tiers,

Now the biggest differens betwen the to tiers is not the grip leven to my understanding even Cup are slightly better in grip i think. The cups are moore consistent, they are doing the same job under a period of time, where the pirellis differ.

We shold not forget that this Stippler time is not so to speak offical. Even the M5 has reported about 8min laps when Stuck or chassienginerings drove the M5 around.

Im sure the RS4 will preform, but we have to wait and see what Horst drive it beccuse he is the guy driving all car and settingt the times for sport auto, and we hope for a good time then

:bye:

buyalemon
October 15th, 2005, 10:27
benman ...dont hate the player, hate the game :applause:
:rs4kiss:

October 15th, 2005, 17:58
Originally posted by M&M

I can't believe you guys get excited about getting within 10 secs of a CSL. That's actually a joke. CSl was released in 2002.

If the RS4 on street tyres beats the M5, then that's great. We should all go buy RS4's for the track.

M5 is driven by Horst 8.13min whit street tiers. Stuck is reported done the same setup on around 8 min. So my guess is M5 would go a bit faster than RS4 on the ring if it also had r-compound whan tested. Anyway it would be about the same time i guess

Its differens betwen the to on hockenheim on about under a sek i think it was? The RS4 was i bit faster due to tiers of course

M5 was as well on street tiers on hockenheim.
RS4 R-comp

avdh
October 15th, 2005, 18:17
If Pirelli P zero is a less god tier than Michelin Cup, i guess Audi did wrong even when chosing tier manufactor. They are looking and aming for BMW so it was their bad, Do you think Audi would deliver a sportscar as RS4 whit bad tiers,

Yes, Audi is very good at that. My RS6 was supplied with Dunlops SP 9000 which were absolute and utter junk for a car like an RS6.

October 15th, 2005, 20:09
Originally posted by avdh
Yes, Audi is very good at that. My RS6 was supplied with Dunlops SP 9000 which were absolute and utter junk for a car like an RS6.

I guess BMW is as bad then as M6 comes stock whit PirelliP zero corsa, as well as Ferrari 360 CS and Porsche GT3 RS.

My point was that Pirelli Pzero Corsa is not a bad tier at all.
And the new assymetrico Pirelli r- compound that obove cars as well as RS4 is fitted whit is for sure up a level in wet grip if comered to the Michelins Cups.

October 15th, 2005, 20:16
I guess BMW is as bad then as M6 comes stock whit PirelliP zero corsa, as well as Ferrari 360 CS and Porsche GT3 RS.

My point was that Pirelli Pzero Corsa is not a bad tier at all.
And the new assymetrico Pirelli r- compound that obove cars as well as RS4 is fitted whit is for sure up a level in wet grip if comered to the Michelins Cups.

As we are in to tiers, the word is that Michelin is out whit a new tier that outpreforms the very god CUP, its named RACE.

I herd this from a guy i know he works at Manthay Racing at the ring. But that the only thing i herd about this tier:confused: anybody herd some thing?

Hawk
October 15th, 2005, 23:30
It's very hard to believe that the GT3 RS and M3 CSL are faster than 360 CS (PCorsa and CCM brakes), i think it' s a fable.......;)

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/151/sportauto27eb.jpg

http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/9378/sportauto11kq.jpg

With Pzero Corsa.

BMW M3
1.16,3 with normal tire
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/8257/sa997s44io.jpg

What do you think?

India Whiskey Charlie
October 16th, 2005, 02:35
If Pirelli P zero is a less god tier than Michelin Cup, i guess Audi did wrong even when chosing tier manufactor. They are looking and aming for BMW so it was their bad,:D Do you think Audi would deliver a sportscar as RS4 whit bad tiers,
It is important to note that the Pilot Sport Cup was only mounted on the CSL which is a much more raw car than the RS4 will be. For Audi to offer the Pirelli Corsa "System" as an option on the RS4 says a lot. It is an excellent R-compound tire that is also drivable in the wet. Something you cannot do with the Pilot Sport Cup.

October 16th, 2005, 18:34
Originally posted by Hawk
It's very hard to believe that the GT3 RS and M3 CSL are faster than 360 CS (PCorsa and CCM brakes), i think it' s a fable.......;)

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/151/sportauto27eb.jpg

http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/9378/sportauto11kq.jpg

With Pzero Corsa.

BMW M3
1.16,3 with normal tire
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/8257/sa997s44io.jpg

What do you think?

I think its as clear as crystal:D :harass:

M&M
October 16th, 2005, 21:47
Let me get this straight? An RS4 does 1:15.8 with P-Zero Corsa's. The 5 year old M3 does 1:16.3 with normal tyres? OK, I understand. Viva RS4! It is a remarkable car & moved the bar way above the M3.

buyalemon
October 17th, 2005, 10:14
I think 7:58 (no problemo) says way more of a car than a time around the short hockenheim, if it end up in a time around 7:53 ...well I guess csl drivers even starts waisting carbonfibre to loose more weight ...even the topgear testrack is longer than short hockenheim (where the V8 S4 was faster than e46 M3)

Don't want to start puke: on german tests again ..few things though! In the RS4 test it says that the M3 got 46 points ...and when they tested the car it got 45 :vhmmm:

It looks to me like they use different drivers in different tests?? ...if so
:doh:

I'm way more interested how the E90 M3 will stand up to the RS4 ..the E46 don't stand a chanse in my opinion.

:rs4kiss: //Magnus

Spada
October 17th, 2005, 10:32
Originally posted by M&M
Let me get this straight? An RS4 does 1:15.8 with P-Zero Corsa's. The 5 year old M3 does 1:16.3 with normal tyres? OK, I understand. Viva RS4! It is a remarkable car & moved the bar way above the M3.

The fact is, over and over again, you sit in your chair, come to an Audi internet forum, click on the subsection of a car you don't even like, and seek out threads where fans are talking a little over-enthusiastically about it so you can click reply and prove them wrong. There are better ways to spend your time buddy.

Erik
October 17th, 2005, 10:36
I've said this about a 1000 times.

If you don't like a car, buy another. :brag:

M&M
October 17th, 2005, 11:43

I'm way more interested how the E90 M3 will stand up to the RS4 ..the E46 don't stand a chanse in my opinion.

:rs4kiss: //Magnus

What? Can you read. Half a second difference at Hockenheim with a major tyre advantage. Sikilar times to 200. What are you tlakoing about.

Maybe for you, you can argue that an RS4 will be a superior car for other reasons, but in performance it isn't much faster than an E46 M3.

Unless all the magazines in the world are rigged. Say, I didn't think of that. Maybe Sport Auto is on BMW's payroll. What say you guys? Am I onto something here?

Spada
October 17th, 2005, 12:17
When I was 6, I used to berate my little brother for liking his "inferior" toys. By the time I was 7, I realised I was being a bit of a sh!t and I should leave him be.

M&M
October 17th, 2005, 13:24
Hey Spada, violence is not the answer man. Let it go son. You can do it, I know you can.

But seriously, I'm sure the RS4 will be a great car. I'm sure it does a lot of things well. I just don't think it's performance is what we were expecting. Both on the straights & on the track. If that offends you, then so be it. I'm sure in the back of your mind you are thinking the same thing.

But hey, that doesn't mean it won't make a lot of people happy.

buyalemon
October 17th, 2005, 13:43
www.m5board.com ..I think this website is a great place for you ..go in there and argue that you think the RS4 stink, they'll think like me; you are a very funny man/woman!

The last RS4 did h-heim in 1,18,2 ..doooon't think the new one will be as slow!

Face it ..there is a big possibility that the RS4 will beat E60 M5 around the "real ring"! 10-15 sec faster than E46 M3 ...I rest my case!

:bye: //Magnus

M&M
October 17th, 2005, 14:25
10-15 seconds is about the time the P-Zero corsas make. You need to fit them suckers onto an M5 to make it fair.

Apparently Hans Stuck has done 8:01 in an M5 with stock tyres. If you guys can say Frank dude says the RS4 does some time, then why not accept what Hans said? Is this perhaps double standards?

New Rs4 has already been arounh H-heim. Where've you been.

If someone asks me I always tell them the truth about my car & its strengths & weaknesses. The ride is very hard & takes some getting used to. There is alot of drivetrain shunt. The rear suspension sems to be a bit fragile & needs bushes quite often. I thas pros & cons as do most cars. Anyway, I see their's no point in arguing with you guys. Just keep patting yourselves on your back & thinking the RS4 is perfect & was faster than all its opponents. I'm out.

buyalemon
October 17th, 2005, 14:54
stop stop stop stop ...M3=8,22 (RS4=(-)7,58 + 10 sec tyrechange =8,08) 8,22-8,08= 14 sec

M5 did normal tyre time 8,13 :deal: ..Audi has built a hell of a car ..if you don't like it ...go write about e46 in bmw forums

Benman
October 17th, 2005, 15:23
I've said this about a 1000 times.

If you don't like a car, buy another. :brag:
Yes please. PLEASE just do everyone a favor (including yourself) and just leave it alone. If you are not impressed, FINE, not going to get one, FINE, just take it to a BMW forum where they will welcome you with open arms.

Originally posted by M&M

Unless all the magazines in the world are rigged. Say, I didn't think of that. Maybe Sport Auto is on BMW's payroll. What say you guys? Am I onto something here?
You probably are, it would explain why their profits have been so slim lately!:D :p :trash:

Ben:addict: :rs6kiss: :rs4addict

M&M
October 17th, 2005, 15:54
stop stop stop stop ...M3=8,22 (RS4=(-)7,58 + 10 sec tyrechange =8,08) 8,22-8,08= 14 sec

M5 did normal tyre time 8,13 :deal: ..Audi has built a hell of a car ..if you don't like it ...go write about e46 in bmw forums

Ahh but that means you have accepting the word of some guy saying it can do 7:58 on Corsas. That means you have to accept Hans stuck's word that he did 8:01 on street tyres. What you gonna accept some guys word but not the other. How can you do that?

And if you want to make yourself fele better by comparing the NEW RS4 to the E46 M3 then at least compare to the fastest time (not Sport Auto's). Here's Autocar magazine (& not some guy on the net) that got 8:15 for an M3 SMG on stock tyres. How fast would it be with Corsa's. ANd this was way back in 2001 before the CSL was released cos as you can see, they predicted wrong what the CSL would do:

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/9582/m3nurburgring9qt.jpg

Say I offered you a chance for me to leave the BB so you guys can high 5 each other, but you insist on arguing a lost cause.

Spada
October 17th, 2005, 16:00
I think it's pretty clear that the rs4 is way better than the m3. The figures speak for themselves.

M&M
October 17th, 2005, 16:17
Yeah Spada I think you on to somehting:

- 0-200 very close. RS4 may be slighytly faster
- Hockenheim 1:15.8 for RS4 on Corsa's, 1:16.3 for M3 on Stock tyres CONFIRMED TIMES
- Ring, 8:15 for M3 on stock tyres. RS4 not tested yet but some guy names Joe says 7:58 "is possible"

Do you see what I'm saying?

I would have more repect if you guys told me the RS4 is a better car due to other reasons, like practicality, etc. I really hope the RS4 does well at the Ring. It has to.

Spada
October 17th, 2005, 16:25
Originally posted by M&M
I would have more repect if you guys told me the RS4 is a better car due to other reasons, like practicality, etc.

Although it IS more practical, it is also quite alot faster

buyalemon
October 17th, 2005, 16:25
:0: you are ignoring better knowledge ..I don't have any more time for you!

/Magnus

October 17th, 2005, 16:26

Please dont put to much valu in to this formula you whright about.

You cant use this 7.58 time as you do. And about what Stippler said about its 10-12 sek slower on street tiers, you have to take it for what it is. Not that his saying is not right, but it could as well be 8-14sek, not even he know im sure.., if you know what i mean.
When we dra or add times like this for diffrent tiers i think its better we say i guess or think. It could be a change in time on the ring on say 5-20 sek depending on car, driver and tier, temp so on, so on i guess.

At least if you in going to use this speculated formula you should even do it on M3 as well. You forgot to take of your 10 sek on M3 time if it also had r-tiers as well, according to your teori it would then differ 4 sek and not 14sek, well well.

Well my point is wait to Horst make the drive on green hell and then see, this time is fair to use in your formula. As i said before, he set all times in all cars and thats what we got to compere, nothing moore or les i think. Also sport auto is tested the Aston whit street and r- tiers, that very promising, hope they keep this test on all sports car in the futre.

And as far as Hockenheim RS4 is proven not to be so fast.
As M3 whit street tiers is almost as fast. This is nothing to get upset about, as M&M say RS4 is a great car and will sure make me and many more happy even its not the drivers car out there.

It may happen that Horst go faster than Stippler on the ring whit RS4, but untill he do we cant say so much yet. To my knowledge in most case the up to date race drivers are often proven to be a bit faster than Horst, we will see. No matter what the intresting is same driver on all different cars and that is Horst.

M&M
October 17th, 2005, 17:53
Originally posted by Spada
Although it IS more practical, it is also quite alot faster

Ok, if you say so, 'cos the evidence shows otherwise.

8:05 well said man. I'll leave you to argue with these guys. I shall return after the Rs 4is tested. Hopefully it is a good time & I will be forced to congrtaulate you guys & admit I was wrong.

But I will make a promise to you that is the RS4 does not do well, that I will not return & comment about it. How does that sound? Truce?

Dave
October 17th, 2005, 18:09
The reason why i wouldn't buy a BMW is because of the image that goes with them, certainly in the Uk...

therefore the M3 is off the list, mainly because I don't want everyone to think I'm a tosser.

QuattroFun
October 17th, 2005, 18:47
This forum is amazing these days - no matter how a thread starts it always seems to drift in a certain direction and by the same people. It is plain sad. Beemer boys take note: if the RS4 is faster on the track or the straightline or in bloody reverse gear than something else, there is absolutely no need whatsoever to come back and congratulate and admit defeat. Fact is, nobody over here cares. Drive what you want and love and let others drive what they want and love. Disagree, dispute and dislike by all means - but do it elsewhere. How difficult can that be?

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted"

October 17th, 2005, 20:20
Originally posted by Dave
The reason why i wouldn't buy a BMW is because of the image that goes with them, certainly in the Uk...

therefore the M3 is off the list, mainly because I don't want everyone to think I'm a tosser.

Instant when i read things like this i get the feeling that peopel having that attitude are pretty unsecure in them selvf. Their life cant be easy to live im sorry to say.

This is not personal, just a reflection of your post

Personaly i drive the cars i like, and cant care less if peopel have different opinions of that. As long as me having a god time

Ther are many peopel out ther, and many diffrent thinkings of everything. It must be a nightmare to try to be the IT man.

:bye:

S3 freak
October 17th, 2005, 23:57
Originally posted by QuattroFun
This forum is amazing these days - no matter how a thread starts it always seems to drift in a certain direction and by the same people. It is plain sad. Beemer boys take note: if the RS4 is faster on the track or the straightline or in bloody reverse gear than something else, there is absolutely no need whatsoever to come back and congratulate and admit defeat. Fact is, nobody over here cares. Drive what you want and love and let others drive what they want and love. Disagree, dispute and dislike by all means - but do it elsewhere. How difficult can that be?

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted"

:applause: :applause:

Dave
October 18th, 2005, 07:39
Instant when i read things like this i get the feeling that peopel having that attitude are pretty unsecure in them selvf. Their life cant be easy to live im sorry to say.

I disagree..

Audi is the 'thinking mans' BMW

RS4Ever
October 18th, 2005, 08:11
despite all the ruckuss going on in here...
how the shell did i miss this thread... awomse info erik and great pics.. that zonda looks so planted.

and did i mention... AWSOmE InfO!!!!!!

thanks man.

:thumb:

October 18th, 2005, 12:29
I disagree..

Audi is the 'thinking mans' BMW

Of course you do disagree, its called defence.
Just to ask, in what section do you place the next door guy if he hapend to have a BMW and an Audi, and if he also was lucky to have a Ferrar in the garage?
Ever herd of the word prejudice, i guess you are full of it, you nead to widen your horizon.

Dave
October 18th, 2005, 13:13
I do fine mate, and i don't think i'm prejudice..

I have a mate with a Gallardo, two mates with 360 Spiders, another with a black 360, another has a 550 Maranello, another a TVR Tuscan RR and lowly old me, who's wife will only allow him to spend enough to get the latest RS :bye2:

It's just that BMW has a funny reputation the Uk that doesn't suit me, and M3's are everywhere..

Plus, of course they only come as a two door model, which for a bloke with kids, like me, is no good.

buyalemon
October 18th, 2005, 13:45
Not my wish to get personal in this stupid thread again ...but I must say that there is BMW-people in here that are so darn "blueeyed" as we say in Sweden. You people seem to pick up every negative thing about the RS4, I think you people have a hard time filling the hours.

I have been scanning BMW-forums ...none of this nonsens takes place there ..I guess that's beacause stupid lads like myself who can't leave my fingers some peace and have to write back doesn't exist there.

They talk about what the like ..BMW:s ..there are no Audi "Pot-stirers" who have read in some far of magazine that BMW:s is too slow and so on.

I take my share of the history ...I will mature sooner or later ..later probably :hahahehe: ..but hey ...let us Audi dorks do what we like ..pricing the RS-models ..if you don't like the cars ...go talk about cars you do like!

Otherwise ...all discussions will end as idiotic as this one
//Magnus

October 18th, 2005, 14:22
I do fine mate, and i don't think i'm prejudice..

I have a mate with a Gallardo, two mates with 360 Spiders, another with a black 360, another has a 550 Maranello, another a TVR Tuscan RR and lowly old me, who's wife will only allow him to spend enough to get the latest RS :bye2:

It's just that BMW has a funny reputation the Uk that doesn't suit me, and M3's are everywhere..

Plus, of course they only come as a two door model, which for a bloke with kids, like me, is no good.

Im whit you. Sure we all make choices and its many reasons why we chose as we do. The kid thing is same situation as me. And I can defenitly understand that you dont want to driva car everybody else does, me to thats also one of the reason among many others why i buy a CSL and not the GT3, its full of GT3s in Sweden. It was the tosser thing i reflected on and you dident wanted to drive a surten brand becouse of peopel think and so on.
I work whit my prejudice often, and getting better for every day. One of the biggest prejudice i got that is about Ferrari and they dont held up if you drive hard and that ferrari owners cant drive cars fast:D I know this is not tru and im working whit it every day. As well as peopel have prejudice in if you come to track whit a porker like the RS6 avant, they get very:confused: when they cant keep up even they got so called reall sportscars:thumb:

rks838
October 20th, 2005, 23:07
Let me say just one thing - no matter what type of tire a car has, if its numbers beat another car, no matter what type of tire that car has, then it performs better. One can't say, "oh, it had better or worse tires, so it's unfair." That's like saying, "it had a stronger engine" or "it had a softer suspension." One can argue all he wants about how they might perform if they had the type of tire, but that's like arguing about how they might perform if they had the same engine, in my opinion.

Also, I generally trust that people don't randomly make up lap times. To do a truly textbook comparison, you must have the same driver, and the same conditions, but this simply almost never happens. So I say we should trust the Ring lap times that are not quite "official" yet (7:58 for RS4, ~8:04 for M5, etc.). If we want to have a technical, politically correct comparison, then we should wait for the same driver, Mr. Horst von Suarma, to test the cars. We should value each comparison for what it is.

October 21st, 2005, 09:32
Yes we can take unofficl time for what it is, agree.
As far as tiers you have a point of course, but its still fun to speculate as long as its just that. And not any precise saying it would do this and this time if on r-compound.
A Lamborgini Gallardo go around on 7.50 on street tiers. CSL do 7.50 on R-c, now i dont have a problem to accept that if Gallardo was on R-c it would be faster than CSL.

But its truley imortent factors for a car manufactor of sportscars what time it get around the ring. Since a few cars came out whit its sticky r-compound as stock cars, we see moore to come. As RS4 also deliverd like that stock now, all a cheep tuning whit tiers to get faster laps, as a fast lap is a strong marketing, this goes for all cars. Whats intresting is sport auto now test some cars whit R-c and street-tiers on the same supertest, at least me think its nice to see the differens.

But personally for me the most fair referens is Sport auto(track-challenge) and not the Stuck time in M5 on 8.01(street tiers) and not the Stippler RS4 time in 7.58 (r-c) or not the M6 reported a bit under 8 min(r-c). Not that these times are not tru, of course they are, but thats not the thing.

Why, well just as you say, all times on Sport auto( track-challenge) is the same driver as we all know, even temp differ even Horst have a god or bad day when testing, its anyway as fair it gets.
There are guys out there that goes faster than Horst but its not as intresting beccuse Horst drive em all CARS in test.
And the faster race driver as for exampel Stuck dont drive em all.
So naturly is Horst times in various car the referens:thumb:

rks838
October 21st, 2005, 20:01
I agree with everything you said. You're right, it's always fun (if not always tecnically correct) to speculate on what a car's performance would be with different tires, or any other changes/modifications!

Aronis
October 22nd, 2005, 01:52
Interesting reading....

The real problem is compairing same model year cars.

Let see what the V8 M3 will do!!!

Mike

Code_2025
October 23rd, 2005, 23:57
Originally posted by M&M
RS4 is a good car. I lik the engine concept & the more rear-biased quattro. The price will be crucial to its success or failure.

I agree.......
:s4addict: :s4addict: :s4addict:

steve
October 29th, 2005, 19:56
Video with Frank Stippler @ Nurburg

http://static.8200rpm.com/Video_Section/51021/RS48200RPM.wmv

buyalemon
October 29th, 2005, 21:44
wish I could drive like that ...the engine sounds f****** great during downshifts :applause:

//Magnus

RS4Ever
October 30th, 2005, 00:28
great video

thanks steve.

freerider
October 30th, 2005, 16:40
Video gone? Could someone rehost it?

Edit: seems to work with IE. Firefox didn't do the trick for me.

M&M
May 15th, 2006, 14:28
Originally posted by M&M
Ok, if you say so, 'cos the evidence shows otherwise.

8:05 well said man. I'll leave you to argue with these guys. I shall return after the Rs 4is tested. Hopefully it is a good time & I will be forced to congrtaulate you guys & admit I was wrong.

But I will make a promise to you that is the RS4 does not do well, that I will not return & comment about it. How does that sound? Truce?

So guys how your doing? How about that Ring time? Congratuations I think 8:09 is a very good time, even with Corsa's, sport suspension & optional ceramic brakes.

Erik
May 15th, 2006, 15:02
Originally posted by M&M
So guys how your doing?

Here's how we're doing:

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9079

Benman
May 15th, 2006, 15:42

Well... that was my quote from way back when... So I hardly think I was proved wrong. 8:08 is pretty much on par with the new M5 for tens of thousands less so ....:bye2: to Mr. "M&M".:D

Angellus
May 15th, 2006, 21:22
Well... that was my quote from way back when... So I hardly think I was proved wrong. 8:08 is pretty much on par with the new M5 for tens of thousands less so ....:bye2: to Mr. "M&M".:D

LOL You should consider yourself lucky that M&M,MMM,///M or whatever else he likes to call himself focusses his efforts on the South African Sites.

His "home" is Cartoday.com :D

Now to M&M why dont you play this nice everywhere? :D

RS4 is awesome but we in South Africa have to pay R598 000 or roughly $100 000. This does not include 19" Wheels, satnav, recaro bucket seats, and a few others.

If you spec up the RS4 it will cost +-$110 000

We are happy tho cos Mr.M&M predicted a price of +-R 700 000 or roughly $116 000 without options.

All I can say is I am glad I am moving to the states end of 2007 :)

Benman
May 15th, 2006, 23:00
Originally posted by Angellus
LOL You should consider yourself lucky that M&M,MMM,///M or whatever else he likes to call himself focusses his efforts on the South African Sites.

Well, with that said, I do consider myself lucky. Note to "M&M", play with them, we don't want any...

MR USER
May 16th, 2006, 18:51
Frank Stippler drives like if he stole the car!!! NIIIICE ride must be in the passenger sit!!!puke:

Erik
June 29th, 2010, 22:05
Stealing the show. Ferrari F430 and Pagani Zonda F about to be 'supertested.'

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/504/2Ringen-RS4-_269.jpg

:D LOL! Team Pagani fine tuning the Zonda F before the test.
Mr. Pagani himself to the left. Or should I say Mr. Bang-gani :D :D

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/506/2Ringen-RS4-2001.jpg

Look who is back to set a new record. ;) Apparently not without problems, so they're trying again tomorrow morning.

Zonda R at the Nürburgring, on slicks. With Marc Basseng behind the wheel.

http://www.autolife.se/page/47719/

http://www.autolife.se/_Messages/113768/Image[1].jpg

http://www.autolife.se/_Messages/113768/Image[5].jpg

http://www.autolife.se/_Messages/113768/Image[3].jpg

Benman
June 30th, 2010, 00:51
Very cool Erik!

Erik
June 30th, 2010, 05:57
I think they start now at 07:00. I wish them good luck!

RXBG
June 30th, 2010, 13:55
i don't know why but... {yawns}

Erik
June 30th, 2010, 14:30
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/default.asp?storyId=22142

ZONDA R BAGS NURBURGRING RECORD
Pagani beats Ferrari's 599XX Nordschleife record

A Pagani Zonda R has this morning set a new Nurburgring Nordschleife lap record, completing the 13-mile circuit in 6mins 47secs.

The previous record for a 'road-based car' was 6mins 58secs, set as recently as April by the Ferrari 599XX.

With just fifteen examples of the 1.5 million-euro track car being built, the Zonda R is one of the most extreme and exclusive Italian supercars ever. It weighs just 1070kg, and its 6.0-litre competition-derived V12 develops 740bhp and 524lb ft of torque.

That's enough to propel it to 62mph in less than 2.7secs and on to 218mph. And a very quick Nurburgring time...

Ruergard
June 30th, 2010, 14:40
Form following function. It looks amazing and the performance is bang on. :D

I bow for Pagani this time... :bow:

Benman
June 30th, 2010, 19:03
Just incredible time...

ben916
June 30th, 2010, 19:43
Waiting for the on-car video.... :)

Erik
July 1st, 2010, 06:56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73eThg7pW_c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZCSVYGGEik&feature=player_embedded

JavierNuvolari
July 1st, 2010, 15:13
Thanks Erik, you just made my day.:cheers:

RS4Ever
July 5th, 2010, 17:35
sounds great and interesting how the car can be transformed like that :-)