View Full Version : both are bad: 88k or noshow

rheudabaga
October 11th, 2005, 03:34
so i'm seeing two threads over on audiworld which are sort of depressing:

1. loaded price is going to be 80k...taxes and such raising the price to 88k (not sure how that math works, but that's the rumor).

2. audi may kill the RS4 altogether.

anyone able to substantiate or add clarity?

Bauer
October 11th, 2005, 07:56
Sorry,

For that price I will wait, if I ever get one as I would not pay more the 65k for it. I think they will be fantastic cars but not for that much.... I have my RS6 for daily driving and I am willing to bet my Stage 3+ B5 S4 would handle better and be faster.... just not as refined as the B7 RS4.

Benman
October 11th, 2005, 16:00
Originally posted by Bauer
Sorry,

For that price I will wait, if I ever get one as I would not pay more the 65k for it. I think they will be fantastic cars but not for that much.... I have my RS6 for daily driving and I am willing to bet my Stage 3+ B5 S4 would handle better and be faster.... just not as refined as the B7 RS4.
Hate to cop out, but ditto that!

First hand impression of the all new RS 4 in Germany was fantastic, but I can't see myself spending the same amount on the RS 4 as I did on my RS 6. For me, the RS 6 is such a better "family" car than the new RS 4, although the RS 4 IS the one I would want on the back roads!;) :incar:

Also, I would also wager a bet that Bauer's route is the better way (performance and $$$ wise) to go. Might not have the flash of the new RS 4, but it will best the RS 4 at the track.;) :0:

Ben:addict: (For all those that didn't believe me when I told you the RS 4 would not be sub $70K... sorry.)

rheudabaga
October 11th, 2005, 16:34
Well, I will know either way any day now...or at least my dealer said order U.S. guides would be out in October.

I'm preparing myself to back away, although I'm really, really hoping to be pleasantly surprised by a reasonable pricing structure.

Looking grim though.:vgrumpy:

exE46M3
October 11th, 2005, 17:56
Guys,

Although 80K+ is a bit steep, I don't think the new car is necessarily overpriced...

With that said, modding the heck out of a S4 B5 may well be the most cost-effective/cost-conscious alternative.

PS: I've always had a gut feeling that price would be a major issue in the US... If AoA doesn't bring the RS4 here, I guess we can finally say that all that talk about the car being "made for the US-market" is just not, uh, accurate...

Benman
October 12th, 2005, 00:23
Originally posted by exE46M3
[B]
Although 80K+ is a bit steep, I don't think the new car is necessarily overpriced...

With that said, modding the heck out of a S4 B5 may well be the most cost-effective/cost-conscious alternative.
B]
Yes, for what it is, it's pricely, but not excessive. But as you mention, it's just compared to a modded S4, it doesn't seem to be good value.

Ben :addict:

CarbonFibre
October 12th, 2005, 04:53
It probably won't be that much. But if it was, screw that. Hello Z06 or Carrera S!

gjg
October 12th, 2005, 07:02
current exchange rate between Euro and $$$ contributes to this quite a bit ... :doh:

Audihead
October 12th, 2005, 21:44
I still don't think it will be that much. Maybe starting at $72K to$74K, @ $79K loaded. I will report more when i go to the dealer to see the ordering guide.

kujo
October 15th, 2005, 10:19
I have a pretty good inside connection.
Loaded, it's going to be about 80K.

I'm over it, personally.

kj

rheudabaga
October 15th, 2005, 13:21
Kujo, You're "over" it meaning that you don't see yourself getting an RS4 or you're "over" the sticker shock of paying 80k plus ancillary taxes, etc for it?

Since I will likely lease mine, it becomes a question of what the lease rates will be.

OR...an S4 Avant:looking:

kujo
October 15th, 2005, 19:26
I'm over it, as in, I won't bother with an RS4 at 80K.

I was told the money factor is going to be garbage on a lease. It'll be similar to an A8/W12.

with just a drive off down, it'll be about 1150/mo I was told.
Obviously, a lease package isn't in place yet and we'll just have to wait and see, but that's an extra 4-5hundy a month I could put onto a mortgage.

I'd rather put that into a mortgage on our next home.

I'm still number 1 at my main dealer and #2 at another.
Both have told me that when they arrive, I'll have one, but I just don't think I'll bother anymore.

It'll be a gorgeous car, but at that cost, I'd wait for a LeMans or RS6(V10 and DSG7)

kj

India Whiskey Charlie
October 16th, 2005, 02:31
Originally posted by kujo
I have a pretty good inside connection.
Loaded, it's going to be about 80K.

Is that the same inside connection who said you can't order an S4 to your specs from July 2005-on?

kujo
October 16th, 2005, 02:50
I've never said you can't order an S4 to spec.....

That's insane.

But, why would you order a 2005 car in July ?
Build times are 3 months on average.

Three months (Sept/Oct) later you'd be getting a 2006 anyway.

If you a fully loaded RS4 is 78K or less, you can say I told you so......

kj