PDA

View Full Version : A3 sportback future

5000S old skool
October 4th, 2005, 16:57
Is it just me or do I see the A3 cannabalizing A4 sales in North America? They are both going to be offered with the same engines (2.0T and 3.2) and the Sportback model is not too much smaller than an A4 avant... Personally I think the A3 sould stay 3 door...

Iceman
October 5th, 2005, 12:30
They have different 3.2 engines.
The A3 sportback have a 250 hp 3.2 litre VR6 VW engine.
And the A4 have a 255 hp 3.2 litre V6 FSI Audi engine.

wfg, Hans.

steffenr
October 5th, 2005, 23:43
I like the sportback its a good looking car in world

http://www.caractere.com/Gallery/000001/000041.jpg

bonte
November 18th, 2005, 13:58
it is indeed a nice car! My gf has a company car Sportback. I can see why somebody chooses the A3 SB over a A4 Avant. The interior isn't that much smaller (the trunk is, but we don't need that) and the looks of the break are more suitable for the smaller A# than the A4. (imho ofcourse).

And those SFG are :dance:

steffenr
November 18th, 2005, 23:17
Originally posted by steffenr
I like the sportback its a good looking car in world

http://www.caractere.com/Gallery/000001/000041.jpg

what hell was i thinking, that dont make any sence:vhmmm:

I dont think Sportback is going to take over the A4s marked because the space in the back of a sportback is very limited.

Personally i think its two completly diffrent cars, and they are markeded towards two different segments in the marked.

bonte
November 18th, 2005, 23:19
If you really need the back space yes...

If you just want a nice Avant and sometimes a rear bench that can be fold down... A3 SB hands down. The space in the front is the same as an A4. (We have both)

Yak
November 19th, 2005, 03:51
There's actually more space in A3 in the front than in A4, due to better cabin design. Not much difference in the back either, both are pretty cramped / have enough space for occasional travelling.

Well, personally I have 3-door-A3 and SP is ugly compared to it (and really quite pointless, both are essentially just as big, there's 20-litre-difference in the boot, that's nothing), but I can understand it would hinder the sales of A4, there really isn't much difference with 5-door version and A4 (except price).

3-door is a bit difference and doesn't overlap with A4 (doh, there's no 3-door-A4 ).

bonte
November 19th, 2005, 08:39
I personally think the end of the regular A3 is ugly :eye: (sorry Yak) I just don;t like hatchbacks. The SB is :applause:

(the A6 of my boss would also be fine):D