PDA

View Full Version : Aftermath of Mod's !

BBGT2
September 30th, 2005, 20:00
I have been out of the office since wednsday afternoon after the final install of ECM,TCU, DV, Fuel pressure regulator.
Here is my final thoughts on everything I have done to date.

1. Warning to everyone out there, if you ever take of the air filter/MAF housing's out be certain that you get it back in there correctly TRIPLE check your selves otherwise you will get (a day later) CEL with codes for Mixture too lean & Mixture too rich. PM me if you do have any questions.

2. As far as the exhaust goes it sounds GREAT, can really hear the turbos howling when you hammer it and the deep throaty growl is ever so sweet esp. if you are outside in another car behind the RS6, inside you hear it but nothing compares to the sound in the back of the car when you mash the throttle. Too much sound insulation in the trunk I guess.

3. O.CT chip tuning is everything I expected it to be as before except now there is much more power present with the DP and a single cat per bank.
The Tiptronic chip is so precise and shifts with authority and no slack as before especially in S mode.
Installing everything was relatively simple and straightforward including the DV's and fuel pressre regulator as well. The DP will take a good chunk of a work day to install and are the most difficult. I have put on around 300 miles since wednsday night after everything was installed and unfortunatelly it was raining so I could do much but man did it feel powerful.

4. According to Stratmosphere and Bob this package gives an output of aprox. 550HP/550LBS/TQ and to me it feels like it, we will see when I get her on a dyno one of these days to see actually what she is puting to the ground and that is not accurate do to the differences in pressure. temp etc. you know what I mean.

Overall I am EXTREMELY satisfied withj everything I have done and yes its been a tough one but it is done and so am I for a long time with any more mods, got to concetrate on the GT2 next. Again the NAV-plus is a kick ass system and is something you enjoy seeing everytime you get in the car.

All the best to all,

Bajo:addict:

nene
September 30th, 2005, 20:46
That is great Bajo. Keep us posted as you break it in.

Benman
September 30th, 2005, 23:38
Bajo, Bajo, Bajo...

You're just TRYING to tempt me!:p

Glad your projects are done and are enjoying the "Evolved" Beast.:thumb: My goodness, you haven't even had it that long and are already turning it into...:vgrumpy:

Ben:addict: :rs6kiss:

BBGT2
October 1st, 2005, 00:12
Originally posted by Benman
Bajo, Bajo, Bajo...

You're just TRYING to tempt me!:p

Who MEEEEE? Well maybe !

Glad your projects are done and are enjoying the "Evolved" Beast.:thumb: My goodness, you haven't even had it that long and are already turning it into...:vgrumpy:

Ben:addict: :rs6kiss:

I know it was impossible to live with me until a couple of days ago, but all is said and done its WONDERFUL again.:0:

What a difference in the way the car responds now its amazing to hear the turbos whistle at the slightest throttle input.
Nene how is the NAV mod going for you? Did you have yours VAG'ed ? That is one sweet system we have isnt it.
You guys have a GREAT weekend:revs:

nyrs6
October 3rd, 2005, 04:04
Originally posted by Bajors6
I have been out of the office since wednsday afternoon after the final install of ECM,TCU, DV, Fuel pressure regulator.
Here is my final thoughts on everything I have done to date.

1. Warning to everyone out there, if you ever take of the air filter/MAF housing's out be certain that you get it back in there correctly TRIPLE check your selves otherwise you will get (a day later) CEL with codes for Mixture too lean & Mixture too rich. PM me if you do have any questions.

2. As far as the exhaust goes it sounds GREAT, can really hear the turbos howling when you hammer it and the deep throaty growl is ever so sweet esp. if you are outside in another car behind the RS6, inside you hear it but nothing compares to the sound in the back of the car when you mash the throttle. Too much sound insulation in the trunk I guess.

3. O.CT chip tuning is everything I expected it to be as before except now there is much more power present with the DP and a single cat per bank.
The Tiptronic chip is so precise and shifts with authority and no slack as before especially in S mode.
Installing everything was relatively simple and straightforward including the DV's and fuel pressre regulator as well. The DP will take a good chunk of a work day to install and are the most difficult. I have put on around 300 miles since wednsday night after everything was installed and unfortunatelly it was raining so I could do much but man did it feel powerful.

4. According to Stratmosphere and Bob this package gives an output of aprox. 550HP/550LBS/TQ and to me it feels like it, we will see when I get her on a dyno one of these days to see actually what she is puting to the ground and that is not accurate do to the differences in pressure. temp etc. you know what I mean.

Overall I am EXTREMELY satisfied withj everything I have done and yes its been a tough one but it is done and so am I for a long time with any more mods, got to concetrate on the GT2 next. Again the NAV-plus is a kick ass system and is something you enjoy seeing everytime you get in the car.

All the best to all,

Common please dyno it :applause:

brab
October 4th, 2005, 21:39
Bajo...what are you thinking of replacing the G with???
I read somewhere you are selling it....

BBGT2
October 4th, 2005, 21:49
Nothing, I am giving it to my brother, he really likes it, me I am over it.
Thanks for the info on the restaurant, when you come to Chicago we will def. have to go and grab some dinner and not have any cevapcici, bunch of places here wher eyou can get good food.

All the best.

brab
October 4th, 2005, 21:51
Definitely bud....:0:
I am always for good eats!!!! My biggest pleasure in life!!!

Although I am skinny as a stick!!!! LOL :360:

mi021le
October 6th, 2005, 14:29
Originally posted by nyrs6
Common please dyno it :applause:
i want to know also. :addict:

ZCD2.7T
October 10th, 2005, 16:57
Bajo -

Since you're in the western suburbs, Chicago Performance and Tuning is pretty close by. www.gocpt.com .

Al just installed a new dyno, so you should run over there to see "wot'llshedooo!"

I'd go just to watch, if the timing works out. Heck, I might even put my car up there just for kicks!:wo:

BBGT2
October 10th, 2005, 20:52
ZCD,

Thanls for the info I will call them to set up a time and find out how many pennies to bring.
I cant wait for the drag day to see what she will actually do in the 1/4 mile.

iconcls
October 11th, 2005, 18:21
Originally posted by Bajors6
I will call them to set up a time and find out how many pennies to bring.

Post after you set-up your appointment, I'd like to try to spectate also.

mmaturo
October 12th, 2005, 23:18
me too

BBGT2
October 13th, 2005, 13:43
I am out of town this week, but will call them next week and set up a date and will post here when its gonna happen.
Will be nice to meet some guys from here.

ZCD2.7T
October 13th, 2005, 20:30
Cool!

If anybody cares, I'm going to have my car dyoned at CPT tomorrow evening, 10/14/05, at about 5pm. Hope to be done by 6-6-30, then I'll be headed to the driver's meeting before the ABCC Audi driver's event this weekend.

Even though it's ONLY a 2.7T, I'm still stoked to see "wotsheeelllldoooo"!!!

:wo:

Benman
October 14th, 2005, 00:08
Originally posted by ZCD2.7T

Even though it's ONLY a 2.7T, I'm still stoked to see "wotsheeelllldoooo"!!!

:wo:
Sorry if this has already been asked, but what mods do you have on your 2.7T?

Ben:addict:

mi021le
October 14th, 2005, 00:50
wish i was closer. :(

ZCD2.7T
October 14th, 2005, 02:22
Originally posted by Benman
Sorry if this has already been asked, but what mods do you have on your 2.7T?

Interesting that you assumed that my car is modded.......It's not.

It's a bone-stock 2004 2.7T "S-line". Factory numbers are 265HP/280TQ versus the "normal" 2.7T numbers of 250HP/258TQ. Basically, this state of tune is the same as the original B5 S4 when released in Europe.

The engine, modded, can make 400+HP reliably, but the Tiptronic trans (wait!...an Audi trans that's marginal???? Can't BE!!!! ;-) ) can't take much more than about 310lb. ft. without jeopardizing long-term reliability.

I'm just running it on the dyno for sh*ts and grins. (and because I'll be there picking up the car with its brand new Zimmerman slotted rotors and Carbotech XP8 brake pads - and hoping they hold up at the track!)

Benman
October 14th, 2005, 15:30
(wait!...an Audi trans that's marginal???? Can't BE!!!! ;-) )

I'm just running it on the dyno for sh*ts and grins.
Wasn't trying to assume, just that as you mentioned, the 2.7Ts are good for some serious numbers. Last So Cal Audi Julian run, our group leader was a heavily modded 2.7T, and he did REAL good!:thumb: Quick car that didn't have any trouble keeping up with the RS 6 boys.

Yeah, tiptronic is the weak link. Manual offers many more power options.

jgun81
October 18th, 2005, 23:51
My car's set up is very similar to yours Bajo.
I finally decided to modify my car after 2 years of thinking.
I got my miltek+DV today, and going to stratmosphere next friday
for chip and tip chip. only 10-15min drive to there ^^
oh..no DP and high flow cat for me

ZCD2.7T
October 20th, 2005, 18:20
Originally posted by jgun81

You wouldn't, by any chance, be interested in SELLING your OEM exhaust, would you? If it's the sound-enhancing version, I might be interested.

A friend has this exhaust on his 2.7T allroad, and it sounds GREAT. Not as good as on the RS 6, obviously, but great nonetheless.:D

BBGT2
October 20th, 2005, 18:59
If he's not I am selling mine, PM me if he doesnt want to sell his.

BBGT2
October 20th, 2005, 19:01
Originally posted by jgun81

You are fortunate to live close to them,
It is a great setup, even though I was bitching about installing the DP's they make the car sound awesome compared to just the cat back exhaust as I have had just that on my previous RS6.
Good luck and I know you will love it, I am still trying to get my car dyoned but work is kicking my butt these days and I cannot get away.

andyp
October 21st, 2005, 03:37
I haven't posted for a long, long time ... too busy enjoying my RS6.

37,000 miles ago I had Speedtechnik install the Milltek, OC.T ECU and Tip chips, DVs and Hodgekiss sway bars. I can report that the car has been extremely reliable and still drives like a dream. I melted the plugs once after two days at the track, but otherwise it's run like clockwork.

The mods were the best decision ever.

All the best,
Andy

jgun81
October 21st, 2005, 07:35
You wouldn't, by any chance, be interested in SELLING your OEM exhaust, would you? If it's the sound-enhancing version, I might be interested.

A friend has this exhaust on his 2.7T allroad, and it sounds GREAT. Not as good as on the RS 6, obviously, but great nonetheless.:D

Yes, I am selling my sound-enchanced exhaust. It came with the car and now my rs6 has 11.5k miles on her.
Miltek will be installed next tuesday on 25th. PM me for details.

JP4
October 22nd, 2005, 16:30
Originally posted by andyp
I melted the plugs once after two days at the track, but otherwise it's run like clockwork.

Andy

Andy...what were the symptoms and or circumstances (ie oil, water temp, OAT etc) when you "melted the plugs"? How bad were they destroyed?

JP4

oce
October 29th, 2005, 03:41
Interesting that you assumed that my car is modded.......It's not.

It's a bone-stock 2004 2.7T "S-line". Factory numbers are 265HP/280TQ versus the "normal" 2.7T numbers of 250HP/258TQ. Basically, this state of tune is the same as the original B5 S4 when released in Europe.

The engine, modded, can make 400+HP reliably, but the Tiptronic trans (wait!...an Audi trans that's marginal???? Can't BE!!!! ;-) ) can't take much more than about 310lb. ft. without jeopardizing long-term reliability.

I'm just running it on the dyno for sh*ts and grins. (and because I'll be there picking up the car with its brand new Zimmerman slotted rotors and Carbotech XP8 brake pads - and hoping they hold up at the track!)

Get the APR chip.. might as well. 318HP

http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/ecu_upgrade_a627t.html

ZCD2.7T
October 29th, 2005, 17:22
Originally posted by oce
Get the APR chip.. might as well. 318HP

http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/ecu_upgrade_a627t.html

My car dynoed at 280 crank hp, north of its rated 265, which was nice.

As I like attending ACNA driver's events, it's not actually more "powah" that I need, but better brakes and bigger sway bars.