PDA

View Full Version : stock rs6: need advice on mods

ickis
September 30th, 2005, 06:18
hi everyone.
im mike in new york and ive got a stock rs6. i love the car and to date its my favorite car ive owned. i feel comfortable enough now with the it that i feel im ready to start modifying it-- simple littl things at first, but my goal is to be able to break into the 12.4 --11.7 q/m range where i typically have been able to go with all my cars in the past (all of which before this have been japanese -- so this is my first german car). if anyone has any words of wisdom for me id truely appreciate it.
thanks for reading and hopefully helping me too.

Aronis
September 30th, 2005, 15:50
Open Up Your Wallet and Have at it, it will not be cheap!

Many chip/reprogram options, but the transmission is the weakest link.

Larger mods such as changing the down pipes (with ECU reprogram), exhaust, turbos....are much more expensive, but there are plenty of places to get it done.

Just do a search here and you will find plenty of information already posted.

Have fun.

I'll keep mine stock, fast enough for me!

Mike, also in NY...LOL

LIRS6
September 30th, 2005, 15:58
Recent purchase, or have you had it a while? Where on the island are you? - I'm near Huntington

nene
September 30th, 2005, 16:33
Welcome Mike to our forum.

You seem to be mostly interested at this time in GO mods, so I'll concentrate on that. Please keep in mind that the order shown is not necessarily the order of it having to be chosen.

1. Chip
2. Full Cat-backExhaust (possibly optional)
3. Downpipes.
4. Hotchkis anti-sway bars (optional for handling)
5. Additional cooling: oil, RS6+ ICs and piping, Aqua-Mist system possibly.

That is a good start.

Aronis
September 30th, 2005, 17:11
Originally posted by LIRS6
Recent purchase, or have you had it a while? Where on the island are you? - I'm near Huntington

Sorry!

I am near HUNTINGTON Quebec!!!

In Malone, NY, HUNDREDS of Miles from Long Island and Hundreds of YEARS in the Past As Well.

MIke

ickis
September 30th, 2005, 18:59
just moved to fort solanga (northport) right next to huntington from AZ

ickis
September 30th, 2005, 19:07
oh yeah and ive had the car for about 5 months now. so its always been an AZ car until 1.5 months ago. still smells new and looks excellent breaking into 8300 miles on it this morning.

trex
October 3rd, 2005, 02:50
anyone got the part no. for the RS6+ oil cooler ,and are there any other components that have to be changed

nyrs6
October 3rd, 2005, 04:02
Originally posted by ickis
hi everyone.
im mike in new york and ive got a stock rs6. i love the car and to date its my favorite car ive owned. i feel comfortable enough now with the it that i feel im ready to start modifying it-- simple littl things at first, but my goal is to be able to break into the 12.4 --11.7 q/m range where i typically have been able to go with all my cars in the past (all of which before this have been japanese -- so this is my first german car). if anyone has any words of wisdom for me id truely appreciate it.
thanks for reading and hopefully helping me too.

You aint getting into the 12s no matter what mods u have unless you get a better cooling system or a very cold day.