PDA

View Full Version : Am I Being A Chicken?

Klint
September 30th, 2005, 05:11
It's 5am, been up for the last hour or so trying to track down this beast that creeped it's way into my room!?!?

Trust me, this is a BIG spider the noise it made coming into my room (Didn't knock the bastard!) even woke me up and i'm not the exactly the lightest sleeper out there.

sturs6
September 30th, 2005, 12:08
Klint,
You should have put your hand next to it so that we could have seen a size reference. :hihi:

Erik
September 30th, 2005, 12:32
WOW! Klint, your name is now Spiderman :heart:

Benman
September 30th, 2005, 15:41
Originally posted by Erik
WOW! Klint, your name is now Spiderman :heart:
Well, seeing as how I own 14 tarantulas, I thought I was the Spider-Man! :D

Benman
September 30th, 2005, 16:11
This pic is for Klint. It's of one of my "babies" shed skin as the actual animal is too fidgety for pics!:p Used my hand for size reference. She's just a wee lassy, but give her some time and she grow up big and strong!:D

Ben:addict: BTW Klint, she sleep in the bedroom with the Mrs and I.;)

Audihead
September 30th, 2005, 16:39
Benman is:

http://people.freenet.de/acjessen/WALLPAPERS/OTHER/Spiderman-1280x960.jpg

Benman
September 30th, 2005, 18:06
Yeah, need some major work on my sticking to walls skills:hihi:

BTW Audihead,

Nice pic of Spidey!:thumb: :cheers:

Klint, just kill it, or keep it as a pet. Over the years, I've bred and raised hundreds of Black Widows as a kid. That is, until my mom found out and made me "exterminate" them all!:bigeyes:

Ben:addict:

sturs6
September 30th, 2005, 20:39
Ben,
Are thoughs, exo-skeletons if you will, taped down to something?

Klint
September 30th, 2005, 22:02
Originally posted by sturs6
Ben,

I've noticed that.

Definitely impressive, Ben....makes me look like a proper wuss.

Managed to find it later on, decided on chucking it out of the window. Didn't know you can bread these?

What was weird it had only seven legs and one manditale (?), by the afternoon when it reappeared a part of the eighth leg had grown back and part of the manditale was back.

There's a drawing pin for a size comparison, lol.

Benman
September 30th, 2005, 23:18
Originally posted by sturs6
Ben,
Exo Skeletons is correct. And yes, I've have the skins taped to my cabinet at work, co-workers dig it.:thumb:

Klint,

Breeding spiders (true spiders) is much easier than dogs (did that for many, many years with parents). Just put male and female in container together, they hump, then male gets eaten (but not always). Few days or weeks later= egg sac. Few weeks later= @250 hungry mouths to feed. Few days later= mother discovers 5 jars with over 1000 Black Widows= major spanking by father when gets home+ destruction of months worth of hard work!:D Ahh... the things some kids come up with.:p

BTW, the creepy crawly in your pic is a true spider (unlike tarantulas) and is more than likely a male (usually, but not always, true male spiders are long and lanky compared to their female counterparts i.e. Black Widows). Couldn't begin to identify it's species or venom content so excercise caution. And as far as his leg, spiders will lose them all the time in combat with other animals (and getting away from humans!), and is not harmful. In fact, it will grow back the next time the spider sheds it's skin (all spiders shed their skin as it is the only way they can grow).

Spiders be our friends, for without them, the world would be overrun by flies and ants.;)

Ben:addict: P.S. The wife is arachnophobic!

sturs6
October 1st, 2005, 01:14
Originally posted by Benman
P.S. The wife is arachnophobic!

Uh!Oh! :eek:

J0X
October 1st, 2005, 14:46
Eek! This thread is creeping me out - forget I was ever in here.

jonas_dg
October 1st, 2005, 14:57
damn, that's some fudging huge spider