View Full Version : Porsche Cayman

Erik
September 29th, 2005, 08:43
http://www21.porsche.com/cayman/int.asp

Check it out from different angles.

I say: RUF Cayman with GT2 look and compressor. :wo:

Klint
September 29th, 2005, 13:50
Just another Porsche model to fill the gap.

Long live the 911!

Oscar O
September 29th, 2005, 14:42
Porsche knows how to make cars :thumb:

Erik
September 29th, 2005, 15:19
Originally posted by Klint
Just another Porsche model to fill the gap.
Long live the 911!

Yes. And no!

I want to go as long as to say as I think the Cayman is part of a new (long term) strategy within Porsche to get rid of the rear-engine concept in favour of mid-engine. Mark my words, but in 10+ years you'll know what I mean. ;)

"Nobody" drives the Boxster on track. But I think we will see a lot of Caymans on track.

jonas_dg
September 29th, 2005, 15:53
they just have a lazy designer :)

Benman
September 29th, 2005, 19:33
Originally posted by Erik
Yes. And no!

I want to go as long as to say as I think the Cayman is part of a new (long term) strategy within Porsche to get rid of the rear-engine concept in favour of mid-engine.
I think Erik is on to something. No doubt, there will ALWAYS be a 911 (but of course!), but EVERYONE who has driven this car says it is hands down THE driver's car. All say it even bests the Boxer in handling.

We'll just have to wait and see, but I think Porsche is really on to something here.

Ben:addict:

krm
March 31st, 2006, 08:10
Cayman with 997 front, the best of both worlds?

Personally speaking the 997 front is better looking than the Cayman's.

http://www.katechengines.com/street_performance/images/ALMS/Sebring06/Sebring213.jpg

AndyBG
March 31st, 2006, 15:00
911 is here for 43 years and its here to stay, i don't see Cayman as future 911 replacment but as Porsches growth in more and more aspects of automotive world.

Caymans power perspective is very bright, and in future we will see some very ''angry litle crocodiles'', but car with its engine in wrong place will be here to.

As someone once said:

''Porsche is my religion, 911 is my God!''

Leadfoot
April 1st, 2006, 12:06
Having been on a Cayman/997 track day run by Porsche. I can tell you that the cayman is not just a model to fill the gaps. It rides and handles far better than a 997.

You can ready throw the cayman into the bends, unlike the 997 which if you go to fast in will understeer or get on the power to soon it will understeer at which point you kill the power then it oversteers. Do one good lap in a 997 is a miracle, in the cayman its normal.

I was overtaking all the 997 that day.