PDA

View Full Version : Supertest at Nürburgring

Erik
September 27th, 2005, 20:13
From 6speedonline. Anybody know more?

"...he said that on Sept 26 (yesterday!), there was a magazine sponsored test on the 'Ring for several supercars:

1) Carrera GT
2) Maserati MC12
3) MB CLK DTM
4) Ferrari F430
5) Bentley Continental GT
6) BMW M6 (delimited)

The drivers involved in the test are just as exciting as the cars:

1) Walter Rohrl
2) Hans Stuck (sp?)
3) Heinz-Harald Frentzen (ex F1 driver)
4) Klaus Ludwig (multiple DTM champion)

Format will have each driver getting 3 laps in each of the cars.

Rohrl mentioned that Olaf Manthey told him that there was a customer Macca F1 at Manthey's shop, in for some mods. And Walter was hoping that the owner would allow the Macca to be included in the super test.

I have no idea how the test went, or even if it pushed thru (any German 6Speeders know?). I did my first ever laps of the 'Ring a few days prior, on Sept 21-22, and went back on the 25th to watch the public 'Ring day. Sadly, I had to fly back home to Asia on the evening of the same day, so i missed the bloody test by a day! (oh, and I made sure to visit Manthey Racing, and sure enough, there was a gorgeous blue Macca F1 parked right inside the office lobby!)

I can't remember which magazine was sponsoring the test. Though i'm pretty sure it was neither Sport Auto nor Auto Bild."

AriciU
September 27th, 2005, 23:11
Wow! Would be great if they publish something on the net or someone gets some scans posted here. Surely if they we're there (they saw the F1) they went trough with the test. :incar:

CarbonFibre
October 20th, 2005, 21:58
Apparently they aren't the only ones doing this type of thing.
http://www.koenigsegg.com/news/articles.asp?news=98&type=news

PS: When is part II coming out for your RT12 feature? Or did it already and I missed it somewhere?

7:53 RS6
October 20th, 2005, 22:27
Originally posted by Erik
From 6speedonline. Anybody know more?

"...he said that on Sept 26 (yesterday!), there was a magazine sponsored test on the 'Ring for several supercars:

1) Carrera GT
2) Maserati MC12
3) MB CLK DTM
4) Ferrari F430
5) Bentley Continental GT
6) BMW M6 (delimited)

The drivers involved in the test are just as exciting as the cars:

1) Walter Rohrl
2) Hans Stuck (sp?)
3) Heinz-Harald Frentzen (ex F1 driver)
4) Klaus Ludwig (multiple DTM champion)

Format will have each driver getting 3 laps in each of the cars.

Rohrl mentioned that Olaf Manthey told him that there was a customer Macca F1 at Manthey's shop, in for some mods. And Walter was hoping that the owner would allow the Macca to be included in the super test.

I have no idea how the test went, or even if it pushed thru (any German 6Speeders know?). I did my first ever laps of the 'Ring a few days prior, on Sept 21-22, and went back on the 25th to watch the public 'Ring day. Sadly, I had to fly back home to Asia on the evening of the same day, so i missed the bloody test by a day! (oh, and I made sure to visit Manthey Racing, and sure enough, there was a gorgeous blue Macca F1 parked right inside the office lobby!)

I can't remember which magazine was sponsoring the test. Though i'm pretty sure it was neither Sport Auto nor Auto Bild."

Have you forgot your 1 lap on the ring whit my RS6:D
By the way the Macca F1 is an english bloks car and as i understod Manthay is custom making all new super light material parts for the cars handeling(not the dampers and springs). I feelt the Maccas originnal parts and they was light, but all cant be better if you got the dollars. The guy is also owning a carrera GT and 3 gt3s and GT3 RS that stands besides the Macca, by the way he owns a bunch of supercars more and many standing whit Olafs house.

Some day i post pics, got plenty of nice onces from Mantay and the ring