PDA

View Full Version : Selling, after much heavy thinking.

oce
September 26th, 2005, 14:00
I am selling my RS6 after much long thinking. Think I am gonna move towards an SUV, something I can load up with stuff. That and my legs are just too long for sports cars.

Just thought I would post here first in case anyone is interested.

It is the Silver on Black, Onstar, Nav, XM. ~19k miles. Two owners, and I have it hand cleaned every week. Just got new brakes (courtesy of Audi Warranty) and runs like new. I can put some pics up online if anyone is interested. The previous owner did curb the rims a bit, but it doesnt slow the car down (lol).

Msg me if you are interested.

Aronis
September 26th, 2005, 14:57
AN SUV?????????????????

I'd rather move the seat back further!!!

puke: SUV

Mike

oce
September 26th, 2005, 15:04
It is all the way back. I don't imagine there are too many stupid people driving RS6's to think that someone would not have figured out how to move their seat back.

Aronis
September 26th, 2005, 15:25
Sorry, I meant MOVING the track back further to allow for extra travel! It should be doable.

I don't necessarily think you will get more leg room in an SUV.

They use up leg room on Ground Clearance! Etc.

For example a Ford Explore has poor driver leg room.

Mike

Benman
September 26th, 2005, 16:07
Originally posted by Aronis
AN SUV?????????????????

I'd rather move the seat back further!!!

puke: SUV

Mike
Amen! Don't do it! The only possible SUV that will not make you totally regret your decision is the Cayenne.

Ben:addict:

Aronis
September 26th, 2005, 16:13
Ya Baby, Cayenne TURBO, now your talking, but forget about interior space.

Hey, consider an A8 L, now that has leg room, front and back!

Mike

BBGT2
September 26th, 2005, 17:02
I will sell you my G55,:)

Leg room so so, head room UNBEATABLE!
:)

You will miss the RS6, I have a GMC Denali XL and believe me the leg room is no big difference from the RS6. Other than the A8 I dont know of any other vehicle that has the same legroom front or back.

Bajo:addict:

nene
September 26th, 2005, 17:40
Very sad to see you go. Good luck on your venture.

gmbh6
September 26th, 2005, 17:41
Hate to see you go.

Do not buy a Hummer or a Range Rover............the leg space is less than that of an RS6.

xscream
September 26th, 2005, 19:40
Your legs are too long for sportscars, thats one of the reasons you sell the RS6 :confused:

You must be very tall, I mean, the rs6 has plenty of room for both driver and passenger. A if thats tight, then a you probably can't get into a porsche or ferrari at all?? :doh: That sucks :D

JAXRS6
September 26th, 2005, 22:34
Sorry to hear you're selling but good luck!

RE your desire to "load up with stuff": I test drove the Infiniti SUV; if you like its styling you might check it out. It's been a while, but power seemed good, handling was decent for an SUV -- and very nice sound from exhaust.

Also have driven a Toureg -- very nice with adequate power, and the Cayenne obviously offers more. Both, tho, are heavy.

If a sporty wagon will work, the Dodge Magnum might be worth a look -- especially with an SRT version due any day or maybe out by now. I drove a Chrysler SRT8 sedan; it seemed almost as fast as the RS6 up to about 70 mph. Here's an article on Dodge's SRT8 wagon, which has the same power plant (425 hp, 420 lb ft):

http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=102602

I know, I know -- it's heresy here to suggest US brands, at least for some. But US quality is up, so is performance, and the Magnum is a great looking wagon with an AMG tranny. What's the harm in considering?

PS - I just remembered seeing a piece on an E55 wagon, in which it blew away the aforementioned Dodge -- at close to twice the price. But the Dodge had better numbers in one or two catagories, if I recall correctly. Will try to find it & post later.

Meantime -- in trying to sell -- ads at audiworld.com are free at first and always cheap. I sold my two previous Audis from classified ads in their Marketplace (there is no marketplace here at rs6.com). You might also consider autotrader.com

Benman
September 27th, 2005, 01:26
Originally posted by JAXRS6

RE your desire to "load up with stuff": I test drove the Infiniti SUV; if you like its styling you might check it out. It's been a while, but power seemed good, handling was decent for an SUV -- and very nice sound from exhaust.

True. Forgot about the FX45. It actually outperformed the Cayenne S for Tens of thousands less. And unlike the Cayenne, what looks like metal inside the cabin, IS metal! Nice fit and finish and a nice sporty (but comfy) ride.

Ben :addict:

JAXRS6
September 27th, 2005, 01:42
I couldn't find the wagon comparison but here's a piece on just the new E55 wagon, which apparently outperforms the sedan & has more room than the Cayenne!

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=16&article_id=9835

sturs6
September 27th, 2005, 01:54
Wow an RS6 for sale in my neighborhood!!!!
What would the wife say. No the Caddy is in Ohio having work done on it I can't do that.
Boy would I love to though... I will think about it oce.
Are you a player for the Bobcats or something... ????
:cheers:
Stuart

Aronis
September 27th, 2005, 15:44
Was looking at new cars for 2006 article and was amazed at how many sedans are in the high 70s!

I thought the RS6 was expensive, but it's looking like a bargain!

Mike

oce
September 27th, 2005, 17:35
Originally posted by sturs6
Wow an RS6 for sale in my neighborhood!!!!
What would the wife say. No the Caddy is in Ohio having work done on it I can't do that.
Boy would I love to though... I will think about it oce.
Are you a player for the Bobcats or something... ????
:cheers:
Stuart

I think we chatted before. I am a business owner in North Charlotte in the Lake Norman area.

To every other question: I am only 6'1", but my legs are longer for my body, and my knee must twist right so that my foot can hit the gas, also the seat does not sink enough to support my lower thigh.. this causes stress on an old knee injury... all because my legs are too long for the car and the seat, and the design of footwell.

Lets just say that it was a depressing decision... but I finally chose the one that keeps my knee out of pain... most suv's have "sitting" positions that offer me better comfort.

sturs6... the guys at Audi of Clt told me they remembered you. It would be great to keep the ride in the audi family. I am listing the vehicle so I can try to sell to a local enthusiast.

I had thought about the A8, it is a sweet ride.. I'll probably pick one up in the future. I hope to be back with an S8 or something similar in the coming years with a more suitable cockpit for my issue.

oce
September 27th, 2005, 17:39
I added a picture of mine as my avatar....