PDA

View Full Version : Navigation System

BBGT2
September 23rd, 2005, 18:25
This is by far the best mod I have done and also the easiest. It was out of the box and into the car in no more than 30 minutes. The install help is GREAT from Nav Plus site, what a bunch of nice guys there, and it is due to them the "pioneers" that made my install like a walk in the park.
Everything works great, the only thing I dont know if I will need is the Vag Com update, I still have to try the route guidance to see if it works. The local street names are displayed and everything. As Nene stated the sound alone from the CD is a BIG improvement.
Sorry about the pics they didnt come out too good but just so you see what it all looks like inside the monster.
OK I got a newbie question here so dont laugh, in order to get MP3 recorder to those cards that will fit in the unit.

Thanks

Bajo:addict:

BBGT2
September 23rd, 2005, 18:26
Pic 1

BBGT2
September 23rd, 2005, 18:28
Pic 2

BBGT2
September 23rd, 2005, 18:30
Pic 3

BBGT2
September 23rd, 2005, 18:31
Pic 4

BBGT2
September 23rd, 2005, 18:33
Pic 5

mi021le
September 23rd, 2005, 19:32
where did u get it? looks natural. :p thats my next mod so keep up the reporting. :addict:

BBGT2
September 23rd, 2005, 21:04
It is a Euro unit converted to US specs, OE Audi, mine is a used unit.
I tried the routing to my house and it worked perfectly. I dont have the dispaly for the nav. on the little screen in the instrument panel maybe Vag-Comming it will fix that I dont know.
All in all best mod I have ever done it looks great in the car.

Aronis
September 24th, 2005, 00:51
You said 30 minutes???

What about the Antenae and the GALA wire?????

Mike

BBGT2
September 24th, 2005, 05:23
Mike,

I mean it around 30 minutes, the unit is completely plug and play.
Getting the instrument cluster was a snap. 2 phillips head 3 connectors and its out, finding the blue connector stripping the wire soldering the new one, running the gps antenna and gala wire to the unit and connectors was the hardest part if you wanna call it that. Really easy job.
Yes I am a auto technician and yes it helps but anyone can do this in that time.
Reading up on the install guides on the Nav-Plus forums a bunch of times it felt like I have done it already.
I highly reccomend this mod to all, if you do anything do this first, you will love it.

Aronis
September 24th, 2005, 13:56
what was your total parts cost???

Mike

BBGT2
September 24th, 2005, 14:27
$1645.00 Delivered including Fed Ex overnight.

Aronis
September 24th, 2005, 20:51
oh, not too bad, second hand....I would have been too concerned over getting stuck with a product which is second hand from a non-store.....

A friend bought a DVD NAV/TV/Sterio for his SUV, and it ended up being a Japanese model with the wrong FM band, and basically not useable in his vehicle since it was missing to many parts from the wire harness, and no directions! he paid two grand....sucker.....

:MTM:

oce
September 26th, 2005, 13:50
Are there any features this unit has that simply wont work on the RS6? Are those MMC card readers behind the screen? Do they play MP3 music?

Last but not least. How do I order the parts?

oce
September 26th, 2005, 13:52
Couple more things. Does this support Onstar? and does it integrate with Satellite Radio? Can you hook up the TV option, what would be required?

BBGT2
September 26th, 2005, 14:40
Oce,

Yes MP3's can be played thru the card slot's.
As for the rest of your questions go to the Nav Plus site for ALL the answes, it is a great site that really helped with all my questions about the unit and its capabilities with other systems.

http://www.navplus.us/

Raymond
March 21st, 2007, 21:57
This is by far the best mod I have done and also the easiest. It was out of the box and into the car in no more than 30 minutes. The install help is GREAT from Nav Plus site, what a bunch of nice guys there, and it is due to them the "pioneers" that made my install like a walk in the park.
Everything works great, the only thing I dont know if I will need is the Vag Com update, I still have to try the route guidance to see if it works. The local street names are displayed and everything. As Nene stated the sound alone from the CD is a BIG improvement.
Sorry about the pics they didnt come out too good but just so you see what it all looks like inside the monster.
OK I got a newbie question here so dont laugh, in order to get MP3 recorder to those cards that will fit in the unit.

Thanks

Bajo:addict:Hey
Looks super good :-)

BUT will this fit my car?
Its a Audi RS4, year model 2000 and Euro model?

skiwi
March 22nd, 2007, 05:17
if it will fit a symphony i or ii, it will work.

great upgrade too, btw - even without the need for sat-nav...

+44 Dave
March 23rd, 2007, 21:22
The only thing i dont get is what car you installed this into ? You say you have an 07 S8 which comes with Audis MMI system as standard. Did you just do this for fun ?