PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Plus, in the States...

Erik
September 22nd, 2005, 20:14
"Yes, definitely an RS6 Plus, of course it's an Avant, has Euro VIN in door and none in windshield, blacked out chrome/brushed aluminum, Plus seats, etc."

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/YumyJager/auto/RS6Plus1.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/YumyJager/auto/RS6Plus2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/YumyJager/auto/RS6Plus8.jpg

gjg
September 22nd, 2005, 21:35
Originally posted by Erik
"Yes, definitely an RS6 Plus, of course it's an Avant, has Euro VIN in door and none in windshield, blacked out chrome/brushed aluminum, Plus seats, etc."

where is the win number?

Anything else was orderable option on RS6.

gg

mi021le
September 22nd, 2005, 22:13
wheres that?

Julz RS4
September 25th, 2005, 05:36
An RS6 Avant is very rare in North America, but an RS6 Plus is even rarer. :addict:

The place to put the license plate is standardized for America !!!
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/7316/ars6plus2a3bf.jpg

I don't understand why an RS6 Plus in USA are staying in this kind of parking ? It's like an auction parking for the police or customs...very strange ! :vhmmm:

JAXRS6
September 25th, 2005, 18:54
Maybe this explains it?

http://forums.audiworld.com/rs6/msgs/18582.phtml

But even if you get beyond the squabbling and skepticism in this thread, it still leaves one question unanswered IMO: How did an RS6 Plus end up in the US, salvage or otherwise?:confused:

mi021le
September 25th, 2005, 19:00
Originally posted by JAXRS6
How did an RS6 Plus end up in the US, salvage or otherwise?:confused:
u can get it in through canida.

Julz RS4
September 25th, 2005, 21:16
Originally posted by JAXRS6
Maybe this explains it?

http://forums.audiworld.com/rs6/msgs/18582.phtml

But even if you get beyond the squabbling and skepticism in this thread, it still leaves one question unanswered IMO: How did an RS6 Plus end up in the US, salvage or otherwise?:confused:

Thanks JAXRS6 for the link. Like you said, it remains an important question to elucidate. :confused:

@mi021le : No you can't get any RS6 Avant and RS6 Plus in Canada. Only some 04' RS6 sedans not already sold.

gjg
September 25th, 2005, 21:43
Originally posted by Erik

gents, for the record:

1. there are not special Plus seats - package deal yes, however you could order ANY seats in Europe so whatever color was available in three packages f or Plus you could have ordered for any RS6 of the "menu"
2. black out chrome - this was one of the standard options on RS6 from the day one, including roof racks
3. ditto for black exhaust pipes
4. ditto for sports brakes
5. ditto for the 19" wheels - what was NOT available was the titanium color (Plus only as n/c option)
6. Swiss license plates (rear) are sam as US/CA ....

so, the only way to have a proof this is genuaine Plus is to get badge from the console and WIN #. Otherwise this may be one of many Avants, sold somewhere (not sure who else is using the same type of license plates like US/CA/CH - I know Nigeria, but I doubt this car went to NA via Lagos .... ... :vhmmm:

You can put anything on a boat and ship to US ...

gjg
September 25th, 2005, 21:57
The previous owner of the car (who has nothing to do with the auction house, and who was contacted AFTER the sale) said the water got that high, so there is no reason for him to lie, or for us to not believe it. The pictures also show clean headlights, which is contradictory to your ASSumptions. When a flood goes over the headlights, water leaks in, and the headlights get murky on the inside, not the case with this car, head lights are clear as crystal. But go on ahead an be a naysayer, it's more fun that way so when the car is back to A+ shape again, it can be rubbed in your nose.

well, I gues this goes with JAXRS6 comment on Audiworld .... this guy never seen the headlights on Audi .... being sealed front/back ...:nono:

Rockwoodfarm
October 1st, 2005, 03:42
I'm pretty sure there are no legal RS6 Avants in thr states. I spent too much time with the dealer when they first became avaialable in Europe trying to get one imported to the US. I never made any headway. If some were imported I'd be curiose to learn how it was done. Clearly without Audi's approval

JAXRS6
October 1st, 2005, 06:19
Originally posted by Rockwoodfarm
If some were imported I'd be curiose to learn how it was done. Clearly without Audi's approval

A salvage status might make Audi's opinion irrelevant, no?

Bingocaller
October 1st, 2005, 16:58
I'm pretty sure there are no legal RS6 Avants in thr states. I spent too much time with the dealer when they first became avaialable in Europe trying to get one imported to the US. I never made any headway. If some were imported I'd be curiose to learn how it was done. Clearly without Audi's approval

As I recall one of our fellow members has two RS6´.

One "regular" States version and one Avant his father bought him and had it imported from Europe.

Cant remember his name though :addict:

gjg
October 1st, 2005, 17:23

Clearly without Audi's approval

it is nobody's business but yours what you do with your car after you buy it. Audi has no say so if you decide to ship to car anywhere. :idea:

Sean
October 2nd, 2005, 23:12
Originally posted by Bingocaller
As I recall one of our fellow members has two RS6´.

One "regular" States version and one Avant his father bought him and had it imported from Europe.

Cant remember his name though :addict:

That would be me. I sold both a couple of months ago though, and bought a Cayenne Turbo.

I got a email from a guy who was intrested in the Avant, and offered me the same price as the price we payed for it (car + shipments) so I couldn't resist.

I didn't drove the car that much anyway. It only had 1000miles when I sold the car. I *think* the car is around New York somewhere stashed in a garage. The buyer was a ~55 year old carenthousiast which also had a couple of BMW's, Mercedes's,... he collects European cars.
The other one is somewhere around LA. :-)

rheudabaga
October 3rd, 2005, 15:30
Sean, would you be willing to tell us what the $ hit was to bring the avant over? And who facilitated the transaction?

nene
October 3rd, 2005, 16:10
That looks like one hot Avant. I'd love to see it in person.

Audihead
October 3rd, 2005, 17:42

There is one that i know of. It was featured in the last issue Quattro Quarterly. There are a few gentlemen on the East coast that do very special work. They converted a RS6 sedan into an Avant. It cost @ $16K to do so. They sourced all the parts from Europe. It was a major undertaking, came out perfect. You'd never be able to tell the difference, they went all the way through the car from the ground up. It's pretty amazing.:addict:

Sean
October 3rd, 2005, 19:10
Originally posted by rheudabaga
Sean, would you be willing to tell us what the $ hit was to bring the avant over? And who facilitated the transaction?

I paid $10,000 to get him here by a containership. Could maybe got it done for less but since he was only there for a couple of days, we didn't have that many options.

BBGT2
October 5th, 2005, 02:00
[i]Originally posted by Audihead There is one that i know of. It was featured in the last issue Quattro Quarterly. There are a few gentlemen on the East coast that do very special work. They converted a RS6 sedan into an Avant. It cost @ $16K to do so. They sourced all the parts from Europe. It was a major undertaking, came out perfect. You'd never be able to tell the difference, they went all the way through the car from the ground up. It's pretty amazing.:addict: [/B]

I read that article somewhere, and yes these guys went nuts on this thing. I mean they changed the wiring harness in the back to O.E. and the whole nine yards. CANNOT tell the difference as far as I can tell in the pictures. Me I like my sedan, but for others more power to ya, if you dream im it CAN be done.
Yeah cant forget to say THANKS to AOA for not bringing us all the rest of the stuff they get in Europe. sorry had to get that out again.

Bajo:addict: