PDA

View Full Version : Ring pics

freerider
September 22nd, 2005, 18:24
Pictures can be found here (http://members.lycos.nl/nordschleife/dag3.htm)

Edit: quality isn't the best, but the nice cars make up for it (especially the grey M3 CSL. Don't you thing Gote? ;) )

7:53 RS6
September 22nd, 2005, 19:51
Nice pics Freerider!
Fun to meet you again, to bad my tiers was gone(cord out) or else you would have got you selv a 8min bridge to gantry lap.

I got new tiers later as well as pads and a front rotor. Its nice to have friends that helps some time.

I drove 2000km just on the ring on and the grand prix cuiruit in my 14 days down, And is now planning my spring trip to the ring:wo: :wo: i guess you cant get enugh.

Regards 8:05 RS6

Benman
September 22nd, 2005, 22:05
Originally posted by 8:05 RS6

I drove 2000km just on the ring on and the grand prix cuiruit in my 14 days down, And is now planning my spring trip to the ring:wo: :wo: i guess you cant get enugh.

Johan,

Some mondo sweet cars!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: 2000km on the Ring! That is so awesome, I'm jealous.

Ben:addict:

Speedou
September 22nd, 2005, 22:59
Its nice to have friends that helps some time.

Ring Racing is the Best friend? :mech: Well how ever, it is VERY great place.

September 23rd, 2005, 08:00
Originally posted by Speedou
Ring Racing is the Best friend? :mech: Well how ever, it is VERY great place.

Was it you that drove the super nice finland registated M6?

September 23rd, 2005, 08:14
Originally posted by Benman
Johan,

Some mondo sweet cars!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: 2000km on the Ring! That is so awesome, I'm jealous.

Ben why dont you come down to the next spring training, check out http://www.scuderia-hanseat.de/. It would be fun.
Im glad that i did send my car whit a big transport firma. Its kind of boring to drive all the way to the ring and back home is a killer.

Its moore or less the same money to send the car as to drive it down from sweden. And the bonus is that you dont put the 3200 extra km on it.

Speedou
September 23rd, 2005, 11:55
Was it you that drove the super nice finland registated M6?

Unfornately not. It's one of my friends. I have been sitting in the M6 at Ring. (Same M6 at my European trip: http://speedou.1g.fi/kuvat/reissu535/Ring/IMG_78522_1.jpg) it's amazing car. And I have heard that the new exhaust is quite amazing.

Look at www.carfreaks.net There will be pictures of their trip.

Benman
September 23rd, 2005, 14:57
Ben why dont you come down to the next spring training, check out http://www.scuderia-hanseat.de/. It would be fun.

It would be VERY fun, but unfortunately, work and finances dictate when I'm able to go on vacation. Sad to say, next year is not looking so good for a trip to Europe. It will more likely have to be the following year.:cry: But I will be back!:thumb:

freerider
September 23rd, 2005, 15:02
Just too mention. The car is about back to normal (even better, bc the entire body work is repainted). The body work has been done and now the wheels have to be alligned. The steering got a hit and needed a new steering bar (sp?), but the guy in Germany didn't align the wheels according to the steering wheel, so now the wheels are ok, but when you drive straight, the steering wheel is turned 90° to the left. (I'll see if I can get some pics of the damage)
The prevent these kind of things, I'm going to do some training at our "local" track (Zolder) and buy a seperate car. Maybe get my racing licence.

Gote, you really don't know how bad I feel I didn't got a ride with you. And sorry for the trouble back there and thanks for all the help.

Btw, anyone noticed the Apollo being there? Very impressive car.

Greetz Johan

freerider
September 23rd, 2005, 15:05
Originally posted by Benman
It would be VERY fun, but unfortunately, work and finances dictate when I'm able to go on vacation. Sad to say, next year is not looking so good for a trip to Europe. It will more likely have to be the following year.:cry: But I will be back!:thumb:

Ben, if there's anything I can do, to make you come anyway, just tell me. Would be great to have you here asap. I was even thinking on coming to the US to make a visit. But first I need money offcourse.

Greetz Johan

Erik
September 23rd, 2005, 15:19
Gote, check this :D Your Norwegian friends are discussing you :)

http://www.porsche-club-norge.no/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4442

Benman
September 23rd, 2005, 22:54
Originally posted by freerider
Ben, if there's anything I can do, to make you come anyway, just tell me. Would be great to have you here asap. I was even thinking on coming to the US to make a visit. But first I need money offcourse.

Greetz Johan
Well, if you'd be happy to take my place at work for a couple of weeks and then loan me some money...:D

Nah, it just comes down to time and money. Need money and time off of work to get there and things are very hectic right now. I normally only get a week or a week and a half off of work each year (yeah I know, the Germans reading this are finding it very hard to believe!) and next years one week will probably be be broken up since work is crazy right now. So that leaves the following year.:cry:

Otherwise, I'd be there all the time!

And if you really do come to the US for a vacation and have Southern California in mind, you'd be welcome to stay with my family for the week or so that you'd be out here. It's a free place to stay and we're right inbetween San Diego (beautiful) and L.A. (not so beautiful, but LOTS to do!).

And yes, I really liked the Apollo!:heart:

Ben:cheers:

September 24th, 2005, 18:31
Originally posted by Erik
Gote, check this :D Your Norwegian friends are discussing you :)

http://www.porsche-club-norge.no/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4442

Yes i read it, they call me crazy after they sat in for some laps at the ring. :D :hihi:

September 24th, 2005, 18:32
Originally posted by freerider
Just too mention. The car is about back to normal (even better, bc the entire body work is repainted). The body work has been done and now the wheels have to be alligned. The steering got a hit and needed a new steering bar (sp?), but the guy in Germany didn't align the wheels according to the steering wheel, so now the wheels are ok, but when you drive straight, the steering wheel is turned 90° to the left. (I'll see if I can get some pics of the damage)
The prevent these kind of things, I'm going to do some training at our "local" track (Zolder) and buy a seperate car. Maybe get my racing licence.

Gote, you really don't know how bad I feel I didn't got a ride with you. And sorry for the trouble back there and thanks for all the help.

Btw, anyone noticed the Apollo being there? Very impressive car.

Greetz Johan

No trobel at all, sit in the next time:bye:

Mr Balsen
September 24th, 2005, 20:10
Since I am the Importer of the Gumpert Apollo in France, I can tell you the Apollo Crew is very happy about the Apollo at the Ring. I can't say more but you are going to hear a lot more about the Apollo in the next couple of months.

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic