PDA

View Full Version : Software upgrade

vs2
September 19th, 2005, 08:58
Is there a software upgrade for the onboard computer? Something that gives more info. in the menus. Basically what I'm really looking for is a way to read boost without installing a guage. Thanks.

JAXRS6
September 20th, 2005, 16:11
Since 1998 I've owned three Audis and been active on numerous Audi forums. I've never heard of a way to read boost without adding a boost guage. Maybe someone else has better news.

vs2
September 20th, 2005, 20:37
OK, thanks for that.
Its just that the guy that installed the REVO reckoned there was, so I was just checking with you guys,

gnomik007
September 20th, 2005, 21:38
Originally posted by vs2
Is there a software upgrade for the onboard computer? Something that gives more info. in the menus. Basically what I'm really looking for is a way to read boost without installing a guage. Thanks.

I have come across such thing somewhere on the net with full details and even pics.

mi021le
September 20th, 2005, 22:04
heard revo pulled the chip off the market?

but who cares if i paid so much for this car i dont want that chip. ive had 2 friends put revo on there gtis and both have have problems. especially if u buy dullback u can get the chip changed for mods for free.

vs2
September 20th, 2005, 22:41
Originally posted by mi021le
heard revo pulled the chip off the market?

but who cares if i paid so much for this car i dont want that chip. ive had 2 friends put revo on there gtis and both have have problems. especially if u buy dullback u can get the chip changed for mods for free.

??? You heard wrong. I love the way the REVO is working in my RS6. If I did not like it I would return it, but I'm not - it's that simple.
From what I've heard REVO is into Porsche next.

Lets be honest here, you don't need to do too much with fuel and boost to create more power and with the RS6 it's as simple as that. It's just finding a way into the ECU to do it. The REVO software is set on my car to below the "aggressive" parameters and I'm very happy with the new performance. In my Skyline the difference between 16psi and 23 psi boost is 80hp!! (620 - 700)

Main reason why I love turbocharged engines.

mi021le
September 21st, 2005, 16:39
well he place that does revo around me stoped then. and they said it was pulled off the american market.

JAXRS6
September 21st, 2005, 17:32
I've been considering performance programming for a while, with Revo on my list, so I called today and talked to a Revo rep in Florida who says he oversees dealers in several eastern states. He said that when customers come in now and ask about a program for the RS6, they are told it's not available at this time.

If they persist, said customers should learn that Revo took its RS6 program off the market after discovering a problem with the cruise control. My source said that if the cc is engaged, flipped off temporarily, and then "resumed," the engine loses power big time. They are working to correct this; meantime, anyone purchasing a Revo program for the RS6 now supposedly does so knowing of this problem.

This was not a problem with an earlier Revo program for the RS6, my source says. But the earlier version had some issues relating to tranny shift points, so the new one was developed to correct that (around April I think).

Other input: a month or so ago I spoke to a one-time Revo dealer here in Michigan who claims he is bowing out as a dealer. Their product is good, he said, but he supposedly got fed up when calls to Revo by him, and customers, all seeking technical support, were not returned.

I have no clue how much of this is true; it's just what I was told, and I have no interest whatsoever in Revo or any other brand (except as a potential customer). But the comments from the Revo rep do, I hope, clarify some of the confusion here over current availability of Revo programming for the RS6.

vs2
September 21st, 2005, 20:51
OK. I am just baseing this on my personal experience with REVO and nobody else's.
Maybe the ECU is different in the USA but I don't have a problem with any function on my Cruise Control here in NZ.
Doug H. from REVO was was very prompt when replying to my e-mails. Because my car had a different ECU code it was e-mailed back to REVO and the Tecnicians had it back to our local Rep. and installed within a week.

You are right JAXRS6 it's not OFFICIALLY available yet.

If we were doing a poll - YES I would use REVO again.

Back to my original post.

http://www.techreactions.com/vision.htm

Seems like there will be a new version soon with HUD available.

mi021le
September 22nd, 2005, 22:17
:addict: thanks for clearing that up jax.